My wife, son and I stayed here on points from July 15-20 as he was at a tennis camp in the area. I am a Gold Honors member. This place has issues but I feel it is more a management issue than anything else! The people at the front desk, breakfast/bar area and hospitality are tremendous! Always a smile on their face and they always seem overworked and on their last nerve. BUT they smile and help and do everything they can.
Hotel recently changed over to DirectTv (per one of their engineers) so not all tv's in the rooms work. Ours was one of MANY in hotel he said where HD channels only worked in bedroom, analog only in main living area. therefore leaving you 4 channels in main living area. Apparently it costs too much to get the digital chip to extend it to all the older tv's or to replace them. So you have to live with it.
Housekeeping is poor. Constantly had to ask for room to be cleaned and serviced, bring towels, etc... it would be nice if they vaccuumed from time to time and picked up. We found toys in our room under tables and drapes, Jolly Rancher wrappers in same place on floor all week in room. Same cigarette butt in hallway outside our room all week along with a small bowl that mysteriously showed up and stayed in same place in hallway for 3 days. seriously people? You can't lean over and pick it up? Even times when they did bring clean towels or service the room they would leave the old towels and wash cloths! One night I spoke to Karen (I believe her name was) and she told me she was in charge of hospitality, etc...and she led me to believe things would be taken care of. Uhhhhhh, no, that did not happen.
Pool area was a mess on the one day my wife and son went down to swim: towels, trash, etc...all over the pool area on Monday, July 16.
Why do I think it is a management problem? All the guys in suits and ties and women dressed like "non-hotel workeds" with name badges could've cared less about helping at any time. I observed multiple times people standing in groups of 3's looking and pointing and going behind counters and rooms by business center. Never once did they say hello. never once did they acknowledge, in our presence, any of the service people. One day there was a line of 5-6 people waiting to check-in, etc... and one guy came back behind the counter, said something to the front desk clerk and walked away. never said a WORD to any of the people. The supposed "management" of this hotel, in my opinion, was more into looking busy and important than coming down to help. the hotel was completely booked every night, so they told me, and yet they had too few people working to help those of us staying there.
This place is poor, maybe even borderline pathetic. Go for the people that actually SERVE you on a daily basis only, but your money and points are better spent somewhere else (try the Hampton Inn at Circle 75 Parkway for WAY better service and only one half mile away).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful Guest Suite Hotel located in the heart of the Cobb Galleria Business District. Each suite is 600 sq. ft. with a parlor and seperate bedroom, some have Jacuzzi tubs and some have walkin showers. Property offers 5,000 square feet of flexible Meeting Space to accommdate up to 250 guests. Close proximity to major interstates and Downtown Atlanta attractions. Within walking distance to dozens of restaurants, shopping and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Guest Suites Atlanta-Galleria Hotel Atlanta
- Doubletree Hotel Atlanta Galleria
- Doubletree Atlanta