“nice hotel”

Courtyard Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria
Ranked #105 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed March 28, 2009

when we got to the hotel we were shocked because of the layout! It didn't look like a normal Marriott Courtyard. In fact... it looked like an office building. but when we got inside we were happy because the room was big and clean. The hotel also had a nice pool and a REALLY HOT hot tub and sauna. I would suggest this hotel for anybody! The only problem was that one night it was loud in the hall way.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria

Reviewed August 22, 2008

I reserved two rooms with double beds. Ok...so we checked in at the front desk. They had given our rooms away and left us with a king bed and a super slim twin bed pullout sofa for each room. WTH?! It's four of us for that one room (2 adults, 2 children).

We get to the room and I inspect it. I'm not pleased with the setup because there wasn't anywhere for one of my sons to sleep. He ended up on a pallet on the floor!

I pull out the desk chair and see a big, deep maroon stain. I call housekeeping and she insists its not blood. Whatever happened to the customer always being right? She wet a cloth and dampened the seat to find out that I was correct all the time.

For the additional room we reserved, there wasn't any sheets or pillow for the pullout bed. No. Really...the hotel didn't have any to give us. WTH?!

No worries...I won't ever stay there again. A hotel should be better prepared for their hotel being occupied for large events such as family reunions.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2008

This hotel met and exceeded my expectations. It is a good locations and the price was not that bad. The bed was very comfortable. The staff was friendly and the room looked very modern and updated. I would recommed this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed February 11, 2008

I stayed at this Courtyard over the weekend. I was able to find a $72 a night rate, which included a full breakfast for 2 each day.

The room was in good shape, and we had a refrigerator in the room. Also, I thought that the bed was comfortable. My only complaint with the room was that we had an adjoining room, and we could hear sounds from the next room. If you stay at this hotel, ask that the room not be adjoining.

Another plus to this hotel is that there is a fairly large heated indoor pool, a very large indoor hottub, and a sauna. The parking is free and the parking lot is covered.

The location in convienient, right behind Cumberland Mall, and there are a number of restaurants nearby. Also, the drive into downtown Atlanta on a weekend day is only 10-15 minutes.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2008

Great staff, large clean room. Pretty much par for the course for a Marriott.

The bed however, was extremely hard. I've stayed at many marriotts that featured a luxuriously soft mattress cover, which was lacking at this property. Would rather stay at the Perimeter Center Courtyard.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2008

I have stayed here before and it was just a good as it was a little over a year ago. The location is great for movies, shopping, dining and freeways. Only a 10-15 minute drive to downtown Atlanta from the hotel. Hotel was very clean. Staff was very accommodating. I asked for a room with a view and they gave me a corner room. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2007

Let me say first that we were a Group of Dell employees. So they had time to prepare for us, lol.

It was a traditional Courtyard. Across the street from Cumberland Mall which is currently being remodeled. Hotel faces the ugly side of the mall, but you really should check it out. Went on tax-free weekend so we got some great deals.

Check in...was told we would have early check in. Came from Nashville, so we stopped by hotel first on the way to six-flags. At approx 11 am, of course the room was not ready. We cleaned up and changed clothes in the public restroom(thank God it seemed clean).

Went to six flags came back approx 6pm and checked in quickly. Room was nice facing the Mall. Clean did not notice anything nasty or funky.

Next morning had the breakfast buffet. Was great, but area did not seem big enough to accomadate our large group. Folks had to stand in line to be seated.

• Stayed: August 2007
1  Thank whoop727
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Cumberland Mall / NW
Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria
Residence Inn Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Cumberland Mall

Been to Courtyard Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria? Share your experiences!