I enjoy the Marriott Courtyard hotels because I know what to expect when I stay there: a comfy bed with nice pillows with room to work. The only thing that made me give this hotel an average rating rather than a "Very Good" rating was the Internet connection. I know that sounds petty, but let me explain....
I stayed for business. I was in Atlanta for training. Since I support servers and networks for a living, I need solid remote connectivity. I did not get that here. The connection was slow and sometimes flaky.
On the plus side, even though the towels were a little scratchy, they were plentiful. I really liked the King room that I had (Room 212 on an outside corner of the hotel). It had LOTS of space to spread out all of my class materials and set up my laptop and not have to disrupt it. The housekeeping staff was friendly and accomodating. The front desk was very good about wake up calls and recommending restaurants and other things in the area. They were very friendly to just chat with also. They really made me feel welcome in a city foreign to me.
I was a little bit frustrated that there was no card that listed the TV channels, but they have pen and paper by the bed....doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out THAT solution.
One BIG item for me is that they had working plugs next to the bed side table that were easy to access. I need a CPAP mask to keep me breathing when I sleep, and it gets really frustrating when there are not enough working outlets, or I have to call the desk to hunt down an externsion cord. This was not an issue here. There was plenty of outlets and right where I needed them.
(Also keep in mind that unless you get some kind of a special, you WILL be paying for breakfast)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Expect extra comfort and convenience when you choose Courtyard Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria. About 10 miles from downtown Atlanta, our Cumberland neighborhood location offers ultimate access to events at Cobb Galleria Centre as well as popular attractions including Cumberland Mall and the all-new SunTrust Park. Whether staying busy with work or play, unwind in our modern hotel rooms and suites with complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, ergonomic workspaces and flat-panel TVs with premium cable channels. Stop by The Bistro for breakfast and a Starbucks® beverage in the morning, then return in the evening for a variety of fresh sandwiches and salads paired with your favorite cocktail, beer or wine. Active travelers wishing to maintain their workout routines can break a sweat in our fitness center, followed by a refreshing dip in our indoor pool and whirlpool. Whatever the occasion, anticipate an amazing stay at Courtyard Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Atlanta Cumberland Hotel Atlanta
- Courtyard Atlanta Cumberland Center
- Atlanta Courtyard
- Atlanta Marriott