“Consistent quality!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 178 Hotels in Atlanta
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Consistent quality!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

I've stayed numerous times at this particular Hampton Inn and since it's been a year since my last review I wanted to provide an update.
Check in was a breeze and took a matter of minutes. The room, on the first floor, was clean and smelled fresh.
Breakfast was on time and always had a great selection.
Parking is easy access and no cost.
Great location easy access to I 285, shopping, and restaurants.

Room Tip: Stick with non smoking.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank KingHuskey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Jackson, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

I stayed here for three days & two nights. The employees were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was very clean and comfortable. The Atlanta Cumberland Mall wasn't even a 1/2 block away. If you walked to the end of the hotel driveway and look to the left you can see the mall. There was also a city bus stop/taxi stand within walking distance. Lots of good food served for breakfast, something a little different each morning. I read some of the reviews that were written out here on trip advisor and they really made this hotel sound bad, but I'm glad I followed my own instincts. Maybe the competition wrote some of the reviews.
There are several places to eat at the mall area like the Cheese Cake Factory, P F, Chang’s China Bistro and several others places. If you are trying to budget and have money left over for a little fun. This is a nice hotel be at.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Lynn T
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

Stayed here for one night with my family. Upon check-in, we were invited to join the manager's reception in the lobby (which ran from 5-7pm). There was complimentary beer, wine, sodas, chips, chicken wings and corn fritters. We really enjoyed the food. What a nice touch! After we came back from dinner, there were fresh cookies in the lobby. Yum! The breakfast the next morning was good as well. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. It did look as if two pictures had been over each of the beds at one time, but they were missing. The bathroom has an odd layout, but it is functional enough. The eating area in the lobby is pretty small and can get quite cramped. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. We would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Bethleham
Daphne, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Smaller, older Hampton, but very clean and comfortable. Cumberland Mall, bus stops and taxi stand very short walk away. One thing I don't care for at Hampton's are the eggs at the comp breakfast (not sure how "real" they are), but this location offers hard boiled eggs. Hard to fake those. Hotel is close to my brother's home, so we've stayed here before and will continue to do so when in the area. Property backs up to I-385, but noise not a problem for us with the AC running.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank NNMinAL
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

This is the ABSOLUTE WORST hotel to stay in the Cumberland Mall Area..checked into room to find dirty sheets and a used condom, the overstrung "assistant" general manager reluctantly switched us to another room that had a PLETHORA of bed bugs (wife has bites all over leg) and a out of order heater. We recieved our refund and RAN LIKE HELL from this filthy property. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
8 Thank RisherFamily
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

I am a Hilton fan and try to stay at Hilton hotels whenever possible since they have a great member rewards program.
This Hampton Inn was great and I would stay here next time I am in town for business. The check in was smooth and flawless, the manager on duty acknowledged that I was a Hilton Honors member and was very pleasant.
The breakfast was up to par, always clean and staffed by a very nice, upbeat attendant.
The fitness center was clean, had a few machines but they were in working order, there were plenty of towels and bottled water. Nice touches.
This is a convenient location, close to Cumberland Mall it's a short walk with plenty of dining opportunities.
Also, there were cookies near the front desk, again nice touch.

I'll be sure to stay here next time I'm in town.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank KingHuskey
Idaho Falls, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

I stayed in this hotel in June 2010. I was in the process of moving across country. When I finally got settled in my new residence and got caught up with my bills I realized that I had been charged twice for my one night stay. I attempted to resolve this issue with the hotel - letters, phone calls, faxes - to no avail. I then wrote a letter to the Hilton Corporate Offices to try and get assistance - no response. After being a loyal Hilton Honors program member for years and staying consistently at Hilton family hotels, I am done with them. I would recommend that you stay away from any Hilton hotel - I have found the Marriott chain to be much more accomodating and customer-friendly.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo