“Proceed with CAUTION”

Ranked #57 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Sarasota, Florida
“Proceed with CAUTION”
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

If you book here get there early so that you might actually have a chance of getting the type of room you are guaranteed to have. And even this does not guarantee you will get a clean room.

I was guaranteed a non- smoking room. I called at 5:30 pm, confirmed I was on my way but would be late due to traffic. Confirmed specifically that my room would be non-smoking. Was told my room was confirmed, no problem.

I check in and get my room. When I get off the elevator the smell of smoke was horrid. Check into and there are ashtrays every where, the windows are closed, the air is off. I call the front desk and the answer given: they are sold out and there are no more nonsmoking rooms. Where did my confirmed nonsmoking room go?, I ask?!?!?

Then looking around the room is filthy with blood spots on the comforter see picture. Disgusting horrid night. One positive outcome the General Manager refunded our stay. But beware of this site.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank scbleo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Houston, Texas, USA
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I would like to commend the team in Atlanta. I came in after 9 hrs on the road on my motorbike, in April, after 3 days of riding in driving rain which turned to sleet/snow on my way into Atlanta. I was frozen solid when I pulled up, and they were quick in getting me checked in, and helping me to find a great hot supper. The room was spacious, clean, and quiet (except for some guests down the hall who had yippy dogs that they insisted on traveling with, even though the animals would NOT be quiet!!!), and with the slight inconvenience of a window covering that did not block the light from the high-powered security lights in the parking lot. I would definitely stay here again, though -- I'd just bring a sleep mask.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Gray, Georgia, United States
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I work for an attorney and had to go to Atlanta for a trial in Fulton County. I book myself and my clients a room at LaQuinta. I arrived around 6:30 p.m. I had to change rooms three times and didn't end up settling in until close to 8!!! First, the bathroom floor had hair all over it. Second, it looked like they didn't even attempt to clean the bathtub. THEN, when i finally get settled in my third room, the ironing board was broken. During the night while i was trying to sleep there was a man outside of my room yelling and cussing and banging on the drink machine. My stay at LaQuinta was nothing but an inconvenience and definitely not worth it!!! I would have much rather drove the 2 hours back and forth then stay there. NEVER AGAIN.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

ORLANDO
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is the secon year in a row I have stayed here- This is such a comfortable hotel- the front desk is the very BEST- everyone could not be more helpful- the rooms are very large- the beds are so good I just ordered one- I really could not improve on ANYTHING !!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Stockbridge, Georgia
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed on the Friday and Saturday night of the "Final Four" in Atlanta. This is a six story hotel. Although hotel was sold out it didn't seem crowded. The parking was ample. Our room was spacious, spotless and everything in the room worked. It was a quiet hotel. We shared the hotel with over 100 Scottish Terriers bur rarely heard a dog bark. Although they made themselves available we had little contact with the staff. There was no need to as we had no problems. What little contact we did have with the staff they were friendly, personable, and helpful. The seemed to have a good knowledge of the surrounding area (restaurants, gas stations etc) and were quick to share their knowledge. The only thing I wasn't impressed with at this hotel was the shower. It had so little volume/pressure it was difficult to rinse off. Also we prefer a hand held shower unit and the hotel had a wall mounted shower unit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I just spent my first night at a LaQuinta. I usually travel with my Westie and Scotties and stay at Marriotts. I will definitely stay at LaQuinta from now on. The bed was better. It was clean and the service was fantastic. The value was superior. Bring your own garbage bags with you as they don't supply them, along with a piece of plastic to put under your crate and don't use hotel towels for your dogs; and, of course, pick up after your dog! And, don't leave your dogs alone in the room -- they bark and annoy other visitors. That way we can all continue to have such a wonderful place to stay with our beloved pets. I really recommend this hotel as a nice, clean place to stay, and well located.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Greenville, SC
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This LaQuinta property is very, very nice. If you are familiar with the brand you will know that some properties are nice and others are not so much. This one is a winner! It has been updated and has modern decor. I found our room to be very clean, comfortable and spacious. The beds are very comfortable. I liked that all rooms at this location come with microwaves and refrigerators. The property is located right off the interstate and not too long of a drive to get to downtown ATL. We were in town for the Big South National Qualifier volleyball tournament that took place at the Georgia World Congress Center. The drive was not too bad (for Atlanta traffic). Located near the Cumberland Mall that has a Cheesecake Factory and Maggiano's Italian restaraunt. The mall also has a Forever 21 if you have a teenage girl along with you this is a big hit! :)

We will definitely stay at this property again on return trips to Atlanta.

Room Tip: Always request an upper floor room to be away from those staying with dogs at any LaQuinta property.