“Holiday Stay”

TownePlace Suites Atlanta Northlake
Ranked #115 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed December 27, 2013

The suite was perfect for me and my dogs. The location was 10 minutes from where I spent most of my time while in Atlanta. The staff was all friendly and polite. The suite was clean with everything one could possibly need. I requested easy access for walking my dogs and got it. It was a bit loud being directly over the entrance to the hotel but it WAS very convenient for taking the dogs out, just as I had requested. I would recommend this location for anyone staying in this area.

Room Tip: NOT directly over the entrance!!! The doors are very heavy and close loudly.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
ATLTSmgr, Manager at TownePlace Suites Atlanta Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Thank You for your review of our hotel. I am glad you and your 4 legged family enjoyed your stay with us. Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

The location was perfect for our trip to Stone Mountain, which was less than 10 minutes away. We had a very warm welcome by front desk agent Sondi. The room was very functional and would be perfect for travelers needing a long-term stay. There was a full kitchen with large fridge, dishwasher, microwave, range, stove and utensils.

Bed was very comfortable and there was a pull-out sofa.Nice room-darkening curtains allowed us to sleep well. Everything in the room worked just fine. Bathroom was a bit small, but still very functional.

Continental breakfast was good, but the breakfast room was very small. Seating capacity was less than 20, so you might have to take breakfast to your room. Typical Marriott contintental breakfast with waffle maker (just one), some cereals, breads/bagels/muffins and fruit.

The TownePlace Suites is directly across the street from Northlake Mall, if you need to do some shopping.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank You for your review of our hotel. Hope to see you again on your next visit to Atlanta.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

The hotel is located in a non-crowded area of Atlanta. The service is great and I was upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite. The furnishings are dated but clean and well maintained. The beds are a bit too soft. I think this is a characteristic of TownePlace Suites. The breakfast is simple but good.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 22, 2013

After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, I was a little unsure about staying here. And when I arrived and saw all of the construction and that the registration desk was temporarily set up in a hotel room, I feared the worst. But the staff was friendly and gave me a room on the top floor at the end of the hall when I requested a quiet room. And what a room it was! Newly renovated with a cute kitchenette and plenty of storage space, it was great to stay in. I also paid a low price for it and the location was to my liking - tucked away from the hustle and bustle of downtown Atlanta, but not too far to drive in. If I need a hotel in the area again, I'll be back!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My family stayed in a 2 bedroom suite, which was clean and quite functional for us. The bathroom has separate doors for the shower/toilet vs the sink/mirror, which allowed 2 people to get ready at once! We only used the refrigerator in the kitchenette, but all looked to be in working order. The wireless was fast and the staff was very, very attentive to our needs so the construction did not affect our stay. We will be staying there on our next ATL trip!

Room Tip: corner suite had more windows, but not really any views
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2013

False advertising. This hotel is not suites in any way. The entire suite is smaller than a standard hotel room. They claim to be undergoing renovations but the issues have nothing to do with a renovation. The appliances do not work, the entire room is in disrepair, there are bugs everywhere and it is not a clean property. I should have read the reviews instead of trusting the Marriott Brand name.

Room Tip: Stay away from the hotel. Do not look at the pictures of the room, they are misrepresented.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Travelbug2500
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Great value for what we paid. Clean rooms and friendly staff. The only negative is that they do not offer complimentary items such as toothpaste or razors. You can buy from a vending machine. All in all, I would stay here again and again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business