“Much better than any chain subs available”
Review of Dave's Cosmic Subs

Dave's Cosmic Subs
Ranked #808 of 4,132 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed August 5, 2017

With Sawicki's closing a year ago, this is my favorite sandwich spot right now. It is NOT Sawicki's quality, but it has great range and a cool vibe. The meatball is really good--in fact, all of the hot sandwiches I've had are really good. The cold sandwiches use the same cheese, which is grated, as the hot sandwiches and I find it messy to eat the cold sammy's this way--different cheese for different purposes would be an add on. The owner is always working the register with two people in the kitchen. He's friendly, but not overly so and keeps the lines and the orders moving. There are a wide variety of chips to go with your order. What I truly love about the place is the wide variety of sandwiches available, there must be at least 40 on the board and a few other posted around the counter. The vibe is rock-n-roll cool, lots of old band posters, which works pretty well with the "cosmic-hippy" ethos of the place. The seating area is sometimes open (roll up windows on a canvas structure) and has fans but of course no AC. It could be cleaner--its open air at times and needs more frequent wiping down, and I'm not a big fan of the rickety chairs and tables, but I suppose really comfortable stuff would encourage Emory students/grad-students to occupy them for hours at a time. Overall pretty good food, much, much better than the Jimmy Johns that just opened up the street, a cool enough vibe, I go there for lunch regularly and encourage folks to check it out if you haven't yet done so.

Reviewed January 15, 2017

So many sub options and well worth the wait!! By far the best meatball sub I've had and the atmosphere and patio are nice!

Reviewed September 9, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in for lunch while in town at Emory. We placed our order then stood on the porch- since there was no available seating- and waited to be called. We hoped by the time our order was ready some seating would become available. No such luck- we ate our sandwiches in the car. On a positive note, the sandwiches were very good. My husband had the original and I got the turkey with avocado and sprouts (I can't remember the name). I loved mine! I had jalapeños added- it was delicious. We would consider returning when in the area.

1  Thank Atlanta-Folks
Reviewed March 19, 2016 via mobile

Forget the chain sub shops ! Walking distance from Emory University. Dave's cosmic sub shop is outstanding ! Found it by googling subs in Decatur. Ingredients are fresh and bread was perfect ! Turkey sub was our choice.

Reviewed March 13, 2016

If I could give this place a 3.5, I would. This was our first time trying it out. Of our party of 4, no one disliked their sub. However, 2 of the group felt like there was far more cheese than meat in their sandwiches. Mine (a 'Cleveland' Cheesesteak) was pretty good. I would be open to trying it again if I lived in the area; they have an impressive variety of subs on the menu.

Parking was okay when we went (Saturday afternoon) but the lot shared with a CVS is not huge.

Seating was pretty limited in a 3-season patio sort of place.

Service was friendly and reasonably prompt.