“Has gone down hill in 3 years.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake
Ranked #68 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
“Has gone down hill in 3 years.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

The hotel is not in as good condition as it was last time we stayed. Had a few repair issues with our room. Housekeeping never came one day, knocked at our door 8am another day. Although bed linens were very wrinkled, the room did appear to be clean.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Brett D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you for your comments about our property. I will be sharing your comments with my housekeeping team so we may work to improve the next guest's experience. We hope you will visit us again should you return to Atlanta. We appreciate your business!

Brett DeLoach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Our room was spacious and clean except for a large water leak above the bed that was horribly "fixed". More so I was really turned off by their staff. The guy who works the front desk at night was rude on three separate occasions and once actually hung up on us. The woman who checked us in and the man who checked us out were great. Everyone we encountered in between were horrible.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments about our property. I am disappointed to hear that some of our team members were not friendly and will be sure to pass along your comments to them. We hope you return should you return to the area. We appreciate your business.

Bermuda
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

This hotel was clean, very comfortable and friendly. It is a first choice and I will use it again for both business and pleasure. The attention to detail such as the cookies at check in and the smooth breakfast coupon special, made mornings a breeze without having to worry about the cost.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your comments about our property. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will visit us again should you return to Atlanta!

Des Moines, Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for three nights during a work trip to Atlanta. I found the rooms to be slightly above average for what I have come to expect a Doubletree room to be. The common areas were very pleasant and kept very clean. The attached restaurant was very nice and the staff there was outstanding (more on them later). The hotel staff, however, left a little to be desired.

I arrived a little early (1:30 EST) and attempted to check in after a long day of travel. I was told that the official check-in time is 3 pm and that I should come back then--no mention was made as to whether or not a room was prepared, simply that it was hotel policy and they were sticking to it. I decided to head to the attached restaurant for lunch and fortunately the staff was so wonderful that it was easy to kill an hour and a half there. By the second time I visited the restaurant, the bartenders remembered me and my drink of choice. They were also great with conversation and very fun to be around. In all honesty, they were probably my favorite part of my stay at this Doubletree.

I used the exercise room a couple of times during my stay and each time I went the room was stuffy and uncomfortable. There were no fans or thermostat to adjust the temperature, so the combination of it being a small space along with several people working out at the same time created an almost humid environment. That being said, the equipment was relatively new and in working order so I was able to get a good workout in.

There was a maintenance issue during my stay--it appeared that the hotel had recently put down tile and that they weren't very pleased with the job that was done. A crew of tilers came in to fix the uneven tiles, but they waited until after 7 pm to do so and were nearly finished by the next morning. None of the noise reached me on the 2nd floor or in the restaurant so I believe the hotel did a great job in keeping their hotel up to standards without sacrificing guest experience.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to suburban Atlanta, especially business travelers. The only thing that would keep me from staying again is the fact that Atlanta is such a big city that there are many other areas that I'd like to see.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Chamblee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

I had a great experience at the Doubletree by Hilton. I highly recommend this hotel. If you are in the metro Atlanta area, please stay at the Doubletree by Hilton as it will be worth your while. From the staff to the breakfast, everything was outstanding. I will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this location two nights. The room was clean without odors. However, housekeeping failed to remove the soaps of the previous guest in the shower, so a little more attention to detail was needed. The front desk staff showed great service, and the hotel has a nice on site restaurant I'd recommend.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Brett D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We hope to have you as a guest next time you are in Atlanta. We appreciate your business.

Mt Airy, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

I stay at the Doubletree everytime I travel to the Atlanta area. The service is great, the rooms are comfortable and the staff is accomodating. The Northlake location gives me easy access to 285 and the downtown area. The breakfast and the resturant provide great service and food.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your comments. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our hotel and that we are the property you return to when in the area! We appreciate your business.

Brett DeLoach
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake
Holiday Inn Atlanta - Northlake
Quality Inn Northlake
Quality Inn Northlake
#111 of 173 in Atlanta
TownePlace Suites Atlanta Northlake
Courtyard Atlanta Northlake
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Ballpark at Cobb Galleria

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake? Share your experiences!