“Awesome place, but not for sleeping in”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake
Ranked #68 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Snellville, United States
“Awesome place, but not for sleeping in”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

I enjoyed the check-in experience. Enough information was given, leaving no room for questions. The rooms were very comfortable and staff were great. Morning housekeeping crew interrupted sleep with unnecessary knocks on the door and hall conversations a little more than anticipated, but overall. Great place!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Brett D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you for your comments. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our hotel but am disappointed to hear we interrupted your sleep. I will be sure to pass along your comments to my housekeeping manager so he may address this with our team. We hope to have you as a guest next time you are in Atlanta. We appreciate your business.

Brett DeLoach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

Big day on the road culminated with a stay at this delightful property. Very inviting lobby and competent, friendly and efficient check-in gave a great first impression that just kept giving. The comfortable and accommodating room was very quiet in spite of its proximity to the elevator. Nice fitness center, water works in the lobby, fresh fruit at the desk, strong WiFi were all solid indicators for me. Came back from a business meeting late and thought the bar would be closing; very friendly barkeep not only maintained my level of hydration but showed my some great wines. GREAT sleep, wonderful water pressure—really, this place met all my needs. And it was surprisingly affordable. Nice job, DT staff; I’ll be back!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments and I will be sure to share them with my team. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our hotel! We hope to have you as a guest next time you are in Atlanta. We appreciate your business.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

RUN. My family stayed here and we got two rooms with an adjoining door. When we opened the door between the rooms, we discovered a loaded diaper in the space between rooms. I cried. Hours later, the pungent smell from the soiled paper undergarments still lingered in the air.
The next morning, I woke up eager for a new beginning. I opened the balcony door for some fresh air and instead inhaled the foul odor of cigarettes, which were still laying on the ground. Also, the balcony had about 3 inches of space in which to stand. It was fabulous. :(
I decided to then take a shower. Just when everything was going smoothly, disaster struck. The cleaning staff had not replaced my dirty towels. Instead, they simply folded the moist and filthy drying utensils and let me fend for myself. I was so scared. Please, protect your families and their innocence. RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN. PLEASEEEEEEEE.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Angryyy
Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. We’re sorry you encountered housekeeping problems. Dirty rooms are not typical at our hotel, and we appreciate that you brought this to our attention. We have discussed this with our staff and will make every effort to be sure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards. We appreciate your business.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

Have stayed here many times for business and it is a fine hotel. The staff is great and will shuttle you around the Tucker area!

The rooms are large and very comfortable with everything you might need.

The gym is well equipped and never really crowded so that is nice too, love the Precor Treadmill!

The attached Marlowe's restaurant is top notch, the food is great and they also have a great beer selection.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our hotel! We hope to have you as a guest next time you are in Atlanta. We appreciate your business.

Schaumburg, IL, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

It's a beautiful hotel, but I heard every little noise coming from the room next door. And don't forget to pack anything, they really don't have anything available if you need to buy something. The "sundries" consisted of a couple of vending machines. The restuarant on site (Marlowes)was great. And, the location of the hotel is good--right near the highway.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Brett D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your bussiness and hope you will return if your are ever in the area again.

Tucker, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

This hotel is listed on hilton.com as being in Atlanta. It is not in Atlanta, it is in Tucker, GA. Therefore, my GPS system could not find it, and I spent an hour searching for it. Second, this hotel is located right on the Interstate and the noise is horrendous! I moved after the first night and the second room was as bad. If this had been a Hampton Inn, my entire purchase price would have been refunded. I don't know why other members of the Hilton chain do not make this quarantee.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback.

atl, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

rooms were very fresh and clean bedding were also fresh and clean also staff were very friendly and knowledgeable it takes a little getting in and out tothe freeway but all in all this rate at the top for me oh! and don't forget that great breakfast.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to know how much you enjoyed your stay! We appreciate your business and hope you will return in the future.

Brett DeLoach
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake
Holiday Inn Atlanta - Northlake
Quality Inn Northlake
Quality Inn Northlake
#111 of 173 in Atlanta
TownePlace Suites Atlanta Northlake
Courtyard Atlanta Northlake
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Ballpark at Cobb Galleria

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake? Share your experiences!