“Tucker Georga Area Hotel”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake
Ranked #81 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed April 18, 2014

If traveling on business - a good comfortable rest - being up dated so - expect some construction. The hotel staff was accommodating, rooms were clean and in very good repair, internet was easy to log on to and service was good from the room as well as lobby. Situated right off of 285 with decent access. Bedding extremely comfortable - restaurant attached and food good.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Brett D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience at my hotel. I am excited to know that you enjoyed your stay. I hope you will return on your next visit to the area. We appreciate your business!

Reviewed April 17, 2014

When I first walked into my hotel room I was very disappointed to see that the clerk had given me the wrong hotel key. I was so embarrassed to see some other guest underwear and bag on the bed. I was very disappionted that the clerk made such a carless mistake. I enjoyed the Double Tree Hotel times before, but I must admit this was the worse experience thus far. Im glad that the guest of that hotel room was'nt doing and personal activies or saw me walk in. I wondered during my entire stay would somebody walk into my room. I hope that this issue can get settled. I really wanted to express to you how uncomfortable I felt.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your comments. I apologize for the confusion with your room. This is not typical of my team and will be addresing it with them. We appreciate your business and look forward to you returning on your next visit to Atlanta.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

The only thing that pulled down my grades for this hotel is the breakfast, no place to sit and very low level of service, mainly from the waiters; the free buffet was lacking many items. The rest was very good.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Brett D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We will use your comments to help us imorve our facility and level of service. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

I recommended this hotel as the accommodations for my wedding guests. However, they were not willing to offer a group rate that was discounted at all. They closed booking through the wedding party a month before the event, so many guests had to book separately. Those guests were then given reservations in which breakfast was not included, but for the same cost. I do not think it is good policy to offer breakfast to some guests and not others when both are paying the same price. In addition to that, the breakfast was $12 per person! Overall, I thought the cost of the hotel was very unreasonable for the quality and location of the hotel. As far as positives, the hotel is very clean, they give fresh cookies to each guest, and the rooms are comfortable. The breakfast was delicious. It's conveniently attached to a Marlow's Tavern and is easily accessible from the highway. I probably would not book here again, because I thought the value was very unreasonable and there are hotels just as nice within walking distance that have breakfast included for all guests. The process for booking for the wedding guests was also too complicated and not convenient enough for our guests.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kimberly S

I am sorry to hear that your stay was less than desireable. I have passed along your review to my team so we may address the concerns that you mentioned you had during your stay. Please know we are constantly trying to improve and will use your comments to assist in this process.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

We were late arriving, due to heavy traffic coming into Atlanta. We were grateful to get a room near Emory Hospital for a reasonable price. We were there to see members of our family who were in the hospital. The staff was wonderful! However, the room did not feel clean. The carpet and chase lounge need to be replaced. There was a hole in the lamp shade. This was considered a Hilton Honors room. However, the price paid was reasonable considering the condition of the hotel. This place has the potential to be a gem if only money were invested to bring it up to the standards
expected of a Hilton Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you staying with us while in Tucker. Hope you will return should you be in the area in the future. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

The hotel rooms are dated and dark. The bathroom walls are dark red and the lighting is insufficient for dressing and ladies putting on makeup. My wife traveled with me and was very dissatisfied with the lighting. .

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Brett D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Thank you for your review. Let me start by thanking your for your business. We appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize for the lighting issues you encountered. We will be sure to use your comments to improve our on-property experience and again, we apologize for all of the inconveniences. If there is anything we can do for you, please let us know.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

My problems with this stay is with the administrative issues I experienced that caused the stay to cost much more than expected. I booked this stay along with another stay at this hotel several weeks in advance. My company uses this hotel frequently. When I called to book, I was passed from person to person. The third person on the line, did not recognize my company and did not know of our corporate rates. The result was that my previous stay was at the correct rate. This stay had me in a suite, which I did not request and the rate was much higher. I assumed that they overbooked and that was the reason I was in a suite. The manager wanted to know why I did not question being out in a suite when I saw the room. Buyer Beware?

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. Let me start by thanking your for your business. We cherish your feedback and we sincerely apologize for all of the issues you encountered. We will be sure to use your comments to improve our on-property experience and again, we apologize for all of the inconveniences. If there is anything we can do for you, please let us know.