“Doubletree At Northlake”

Ranked #74 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
A TripAdvisor Member
“Doubletree At Northlake”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

This hotel is located in a pretty convenient area and is easily accessible. The lobby, bar, and gym were very nice and clean. The room was ok but not as clean as I hoped, in typical Doubletree standards. There were obvious stains on the carpet and on the chaise lounge in the room. The non-skid mat in the tub appeared to be dirty. I'm sure the tub was cleaned but it looked like it has been there for a while. Bleach would probably have taken care of that problem. I will definitely stay at Doubletree again, perhaps not this specific one as upkeep in the rooms seems to not be up to the level I expected with Doubletree. Overall, the room served the purpose and it was very easy to book, check-in, and check out.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Brett D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for your comments. I have passed along your concerns to my Executive housekeeper so we may address those issues you noted. I appreciate you taking the time to share your exeperience. I hope you will return if you come back to the area.

Brett DeLoach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Korean first
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I booked this hotel at the last minute for an overnight stay for a funeral of a close relative. When I opened the door I was initially hit with an overwhelming smell of stale cigarette smoke. When I turned on the shower, I found that the drain was extremely slow and the hot water was intermittent. When I went to the front desk, the attendant was AWOL.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Brett D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy with the condition of our guestrooms. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience.

Houston, United States
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Great staff, they all went above and beyond to ensure that my students and I had a quality stay during the Emory University tournament. Will definitely stay here next year when we attend the tournament.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I am pleased to hear that you and your students enjoyed staying at our property! On behalf of myself and entire team, we look forward to having you as our guest's again next year.

Virginia Beach, VA, United States
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I always enjoy staying at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotels! The experience is always enjoyable and no matter how tired I am from traveling the warm cookie always gives me life!! The staff was very inviting but parking was a pain! I did arrive after midnight and I had to park in the back, walk to the front check in and then return to my car for my bags. It was a minor nussiance. I had my miniature schnauzer with me and there was no problem with him being there. The room was great but I wish they would've turned the heat on or left instructions on how to adjust the temperture! The bathroom was small and the toilet had no pressure! The bed was not that comfortable, but it got the job done. All in all, the room was good for the recharge on my 17 hour drive and I would recommend this to anyone traveling through the area with a pet! It's not too many pet friendly hotels at this rate!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I appreciate the feedback and will share it with my team.

Conyers, United States
Reviewed January 27, 2014

The fact that this hotel is renovating from the outside, it is deceiving how nice the inside of the hotel looks. The staff was pleasant and very helpful. I will definitely return to this hotel on another visit.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Brett D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for your comments. I am delighted to hear you will be returning should you come back to the area. We appreciate your business!

Greenville, United States
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I stayed here while my husband was in Emory. The room was clean, the staff friendly and helpful, and the restaurant good. The location is convenient to Emory Orthopaedic and Spine Hospital. There are also restaurants, drugstores, and grocery stores nearby.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for writing about your stay at my property. I am glad to hear we had everything you needed nearby. We appreciate your business!

Oklahoma City, United States
Reviewed January 15, 2014

The staff was polite and helpful, the bed was comfortable, the room was quiet, and the bathroom was clean. Only thing I missed out on was the cookie at check-in, which disappointed my daughter. I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and the property, however I am disappointed we had no cookies available for your daughter. Please know that when you return we will be sure to have fresh hot cookies ready and waiting! We appreciate your business!

Brett DeLoach
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Quality Inn Northlake
#107 of 173 in Atlanta
Cumberland
Wyndham Atlanta Galleria
Wyndham Atlanta Galleria
#50 of 173 in Atlanta

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake? Share your experiences!