DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake
Ranked #79 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
A TripAdvisor Member
“Beautiful”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was my first stay at a DoubleTree hotel and I had such a wonderful experience I don't believe I will be staing anywhere else if I'm making the arrangement. The room was so clean and the bed slept so well that I didn't want to get up. The breakfast buffet was AWESOME. Everything was just perfect!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Brett D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
I am glad to hear that you won't be staying anywhere else when traveling to Atlanta! I am also happy to know that you enjoyed the breakfast bar and service you received. Look forward to having you as our guest again in the future!

Brett DeLoach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Korean first
greensboro, United States
Reviewed July 6, 2013

My family stayed at this hotel for a reunion. The. hotel provided the banquet space as well as the food. The food and the service was excellent.Also the overall helpfulness of the staff was above excellent. My family had a great time, we received outstanding service.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Service is something my team takes very seriously and it seems their hard work has paid off! I will certainly make it a point to share your comments with all of them. I am so happy to hear that your reunion was a success! I hope you and your family will return in the future.

brett DeLoach
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed for 4 nights at this hotel. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and well kept. The restaurant next door was reasonably price and at the food was excellent. It is close to a Target and Northlake mall. I will surely stay at this hotel on my next trip to Atlanta.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for sharing your experience at my hotel! I am excited to know that you enjoyed your stay and will be returning when you are in Atlanta on your next visit!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stayed for four nights. We had apples and cookies every night, and the staff was very friendly. Our rate included the breakfast buffet, which was great: scrambled eggs with scallions, potatoes with onions and peppers, french toast, fresh fruit, REAL oatmeal with toppings, etc. In addition, there was an evening manager's reception with beverages and appetizers. The room was comfortable and quiet. The business center had a printer and two PC's, all of which were operational and I never had to wait to use them. The hotel shuttle will transport you within a 3 mile (I think?) radius. There are plenty of businesses near the hotel, including Target, and an unexciting shopping mall (Northlake). We ate at Jason's Deli, which was very good, and the Movie Tavern, which shows first run movies while you eat dinner, which was fun. While these were within walking distance, it's not a very pedestrian friendly area so not the most pleasant walk. The hotel is on the Marta bus line, but over a 30 minute ride to the closest Marta rail station.
My one quibble with the hotel has to do with housekeeping. On my first full day there, I was left the room at 9 am, and when I returned at 4, the room still hadn't been cleaned. I had to call the front desk, and they sent someone about 30 minutes later who cleaned the room while I waited in the lobby. Also, although the room was otherwise clean, two dirty coffee mugs were left sitting by the coffee maker for two days until we checked out, and the teabags I used weren't replaced until I left a note. I used to be a hotel housekeeper, and am a really good tipper, so expected better service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments about the hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the breakfast buffet to your liking! I will be sharing your comments with my housekeeping team as well. I apologize for the untimeliness of service. i hope that you will stay with us again should you return to the area.

Clearwater Beach, United States
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I loved everything about the hotel. The room and lobby were beautiful and clean. It had such a homey feeling to the room. I didn't want to leave! Naturally, we loved the cookies. The furnishings and decor were gorgeous.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed everything about the hotel, especially the cookies! I hope you will return if you are traveling back to the area in the future.

milwaukee, United States
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Very helpful employees /Also I am taking this review not for Irene but for Audrie Donelson.. I am a HH Honors participant. Loved everything about the hotel. The Trip Advisor was nice, pleasant and courteous.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your kinds words about my team! I am glad that you enjioyed the hotel and hope you will in the near future.

Worcester, United States
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We arrived to find no hot water due to a county inspection. While there was a note on the front desk when we checked in no one contacted us ahead of time. There was a dirty dish left in the fridge in the room and the noise at night in the hall prompted a call to the front desk at 11 pm. Not my kind of hotel.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Brett D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize for all of the inconveniences you experienced during your time with us. I appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while my team works to improve our guest experience. I hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements. We thank you for your business.

Brett DeLoach
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Quality Inn Northlake
#109 of 173 in Atlanta
Cumberland
Wyndham Atlanta Galleria
Wyndham Atlanta Galleria
#51 of 173 in Atlanta

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake? Share your experiences!