“Fine For Business”

Ranked #74 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
New York, New York
“Fine For Business”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I have stayed here a few times. The rooms are nice and relatively updated. The hallways are well worn. The front of the house staff appears to be on top of their game. One of the days I spent there I left house cleaning a tip and a note to clean my sheets. Like a smart traveler I put an ink spot on the linens as a checks and balance. Low and behold, I came back, tip was gone. Bed looked fresh and clean. When I pulled back the sheets, the linens were not changed at all. The ink stain was still there.

Management was quick to respond and very apologetic. They changed my room immediately. But it honestly made me wonder if sometimes they just skip over changing sheets even in between stays. Just a thought. Will I be back? Yes - but never tipping house keeping at this location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Terrance G, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for your comments about our Hotel. I want to offer a sincere apology for housekeeping not changing your sheets upon your request. However, I want to assure you that the standing goal for me and the General Manager is to insure that every guest expectation is met and exceeded during their entire stay. I apologized that was not your experience. In short, I hope we have another chance to exceed your expectations!

Terrance
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Korean first
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I really liked this hotel. The bathroom was very tiny and I didn't like that. I didn't like that I had to walk around to the lobby to get into the entrance. Otherwise, the room was great and spacious. There was a fridge and a microwave. Lots of great channels on the tv.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Brett D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for your comments. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our hotel! We hope to have you as a guest next time you are in Atlanta. Have a safe and happy holiday season.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stayed here on a business trip. There was some kind of reunion going on so a bit noisy, but not horrible. The only place to eat that is not fast food is Marlowes which was good. Friendly server and they had music. It is not affiliated with the hotel so you can't charge to your room. The fixtures are starting to show a bit of wear...probably time for a remodel soon. Front desk guy was friendly but the only one on duty so a bit busy,

Room Tip: Get as far away from the elevator as you can.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Terrance G, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for your response. I love Marlow's as well, the chicken caso soup is my favorite! In fact Marlow's has the capability to charge to a guest room for all our guest breakfast, Lunch and/ or Dinner. Also, I apologize about the noise from the reunion, sometimes our Doubletree cookie's can cause people to have a lot of energy while visiting. (LOL) In short, I hope we have another opportunity to WOW you with our service.
Terrance
Miami Beach
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Full breakfast includes eggs, fruit, potatoes. It is probably the best of any hotel I stay in. Marlowe's is the restaurant in the hotel and the food is excellent. There are also a wide variety of shopping malls and restaurants in the area. Staff at the restaurants is very accomodating and the rooms are comfortable and clean.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Brett D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for your comments. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the brwakfast buffet and found your room to be clean. We hope you will stay with us on your next travels to Atlanta.

New York City, New York
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Stayed here, during a meeting at the CDC and appreciated the hotels proximity. Otherwise, not particularly close to shopping or good restaurants.
The shuttle bus took us daily (on the hour) and turned up to pick us up once we called. Had also agreed to pick us up from BrookHaven station on the marta.
The rooms where clean and not noisy.
I was put in a smoking room (despite not being a smoker), as the hotel was fully booked. It took a lot of spraying and spraying the carpet to get the odor mildly reduced. They blamed it on the online travel site i used - which i believed.
Also had dinner at the restaurant downstairs with a colleague and the cuisine was good.
Staff where friendly and helpful. Would stay here again if i was in the area - but insist on a non smoking room.

Room Tip: Hotel is set back - off from the road, so all rooms would be okay. If you are a non smoker - please...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Brett D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for your comments. I apologize for the confusion in room type and if you return we will be happy to acoomodate your non smoking request. We appreciate your business and look forward to you returning on your next visit to Atlanta.

Decatur, Georgia, United States
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Excellent food and the staff was very helpful and friendly The staff made the event very special to my sister and brother inlaw anniversty very special. I would recommend Double tree to everybody i know great hotel and staff.

Room Tip: very quiet and restful
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Miriam A
Thank you for your comments. I am delighted to hear you sister's anniversary event went well and you enjoyed yourselves! We appreciate your business and hope you return in the near future!

Jindabyne, Australia
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Friendly staff that aim to please. Nice hotel with good facilities. Marlows tavern has the best food and some pretty awesome beers. Entertainment in the bar upstairs was a bonus. Thoroughly enjoyable stay, especially for a business trip.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north are better
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Brett D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
We appreciate your response and I'm glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay. Hope to see you next time you're in Atlanta!

Brett DeLoach
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Quality Inn Northlake
#107 of 173 in Atlanta
Cumberland
Wyndham Atlanta Galleria
Wyndham Atlanta Galleria
#50 of 173 in Atlanta

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake? Share your experiences!