“Disgusting Room”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake
Ranked #79 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Nice staff at front desk. Room and bathroom were DISGUSTING. The cookies were the the best part of the whole experience. I would not RECOMMEND this place to anyone. Cleaning lady was VERY LOUD outside of room banging things around on her cart.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I love traveling! (Read my other reviews to confirm). This hotel has some great features like the mattress. OMG! I didn't want to get out of bed. The bathroom was very spacious too. I also liked the toiletries provided in the bathroom. Very nice. However, the housekeepers would gather outside my door every morning and cackle like hens for 30-45 minutes. In addition, there was a big stain on the carpet in the room (# 408) that I'm certain could be cleaned with some elbow grease. The lobby had a great waterfall, but the front desk and remainder of the lobby needs some sprucing up. Perhaps they should spend more time cleaning the rooms, especially the tile floors in the bathroom. The owners also need to invest in sound proofing sliding glass doors because the hotel is located next to the very busy 285 expressway. Carolyn at the front desk was very helpful and went above and beyond the call of duty. (Thanks Carolyn). p.s. the restaurant only serves pork breakfast meats. How inconsiderate in 2012!!! Please get some turkey or beef alternatives. Thank you.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2012

The hotel was very nice and the staff was outstanding. The fitness room was very nice as was the breakfast. My only complaint was that the room was not very sound proof. The hotel is just next to I-285. You could hear every truck that came down the interstate. Overall, would I stay here again? Yes. The pluses outweigh the minuses.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I travel quite a lot for business and this Doubletree was one of the best hotels I have stayed in. It was clean, the staff was friendly and the room was great. The location was just right for my business. I am a Hilton Honors member and always try to stay in a Hilton Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Very friendly staff and very helpful to accommodate all your needs. Good place to rest for one night. The area surrounding it is boring and not much to do. There is a mall closeby. If you are looking to spend a night or two, great hotel to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I stayed here for one night last week. I was on a business trip and decided on this hotel because of the rate. I am a hilton honors member so I am loyal to the brand. Overall its a nice hotel, clean and reliable. They have a nice restaurant (Marlows Tavern), serving a full menu. I always get the hummus there, very yummy but strong. The Tuna Poke is great as well.
The breakfast was decent, as a honors member I was able to get the hot breakfast for $5. I also used their gym, it was nice and clean.
My only complaint was the internet service was spotty.
I would stay again with no problems

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My family reunion was held at this hotel; we had over 100 guests in attendance over the weekend. I wish the hotel was closer to downtown, but it had everything that we needed nearby. The facility is very nice and the sales and catering staff at the hotel were phenomenal in helping us to plan everything. The hotel only has 3 suites (which are really nice) so make sure that you reserve them far in advance. I stayed in the Tranquility suite. I believe hands down that I have the best room in the house! Breakfast at the hotel is good and Having Marlows Tavern connected to the hotel came in handy. It was very convenient for us to visit in the evenings when we weren't ready to turn in, but did not want to travel far for drinks.

I was disappointed that my room nor many of my family member's rooms were not available at check in; however, I was impressed to see everyone (including the general manager) cleaning rooms to help with the delay.

Room Tip: The hotel only has 3 suites so if you want to book one make sure you do so months in advance. The t...