“Good except for loud family reunion”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport
Ranked #77 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Pensacola, Florida
“Good except for loud family reunion”
Reviewed August 17, 2010

I've stayed at this Embassy several times before. Overall, the hotel was good and convenient to Atlanta Airport and an easy drive to Turner Field/Atlanta Braves. My only complaint was a large, loud family reunion that was going on while we stayed there. There were kids (and a few adults) running around yelling and slamming doors until early (2 or 3 AM) each morning. I would expect a family reunion to be loud at times, but the hotel should have done more to cut it off at a reasonable hour.

Parking was also $9 a day. Breakfast was the standard Embassy Suites breakfast, which I have to say they hotel did a pretty good job with, especially considering all the people that were there.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
California
Reviewed June 30, 2010

This is a very nice Embassy Suites. It is located at the airport with hotel shuttle. We were very pleased with our stay. It is a very good place to stay if flying in/out of the airport. However, it is not near the city to be a convenient place to stay if you want to sitesee the area.

Yorktown, VA
Reviewed June 24, 2010

The staff is wonderful. The breakfast and the manager's reception are not up to par with other Embassy suites.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
louisville, ky
Reviewed June 22, 2010

My husband, my 13 and 14 years old teenagers kids and I drove from Louisville Ky to Atlanta Airport for our kids to take a non stop filght to Puerto Rico to spend summer break with grandparents. We decided to stay at this hotel because we have stayed at the Embassy hotels chain before. And as always met our expectations. When we are traveling I always look for the Embassy to be our priority. Breakfast is always good, room perfect with private room for me and my husband. Love this hotel!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 3, 2010

This is a typical, older Embassy Suite with the larger rooms than in the newer properties .The hotel has been nicely renovated since I stayed there last 8 years ago. It offered the best price on a 8 -day park and fly trip we took of the other properties around the airport. Rooms were clean and quiet, the HVAC worked normally without any rattles and the bathroom water was hot with good pressure. Mattress was comfortable as was the pullout mattress in the LR. The shuttle was reliable and efficient. The snack food at the manager's reception was ordinary but the breakfast offering was very good. The chain has worked to upgrade the breakfast in the last couple of years and this one is no different. On weekends be prepared for the usual hoards of people trying to get as much free food as possible in the time limit allowed. Parking is not free under any circumstances so if you have a car factor that into your pricing decision. Ditto the wifi access which is 10 bucks a day.
Note: This is a very remote property. There literally is nothing within walking distance of the hotel ( restaurant, 7-11, shopping, gas station ). Theres not much to do anyway in this part of town but be prepared to either drive, take a cab or the shuttle bus if you want to leave the property. The only other business nearby is the Hilton Garden Inn next door.

delray beach, florida
Reviewed April 6, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for one night because we drove to Altanta from South Florida to pick up a car we bought. The accomodations were great - huge rooms - the extra living room area was nice, altough we did not use it much since we got in late and left early and it was just the 2 of us. One thing to note about the living room - if you have an adjoining door (to another room) the noise comes RIGHT through. But once we shut the bedroom door, we could not hear the guests next door anymore. The bed was comfy - although we were exhasted from a 9 hour drive, so probably would have slept good regardless.

The breakfast buffet was a DISASTER. Too many people - not enough food - not enough area to serve everyone - not enough service staff to serve/clean up after everyone. I waited in line for 45 minutes for an omelette in one area, then another 20 minutes for the bacon/sausage/potatoes in another area. Needless to say, the omelette was ice cold by then. Pancakes were supposed to be in yet another area, but the big silver serving bin was empty the entire time. Bread/bakery selections were limited: toast, english muffin or banana nut muffin. No criossant, no danish, no bagels, no biscuits. The juice machine was broken, so only Passionfuit mango juice came out, which was delicious. But the apple juice was amber-colored water and the orange juice was orange-colored water. EW. Tables were not being cleaned by service personnel, so it was challenging to find a clean table. I was so disappointed, because part of the reason I chose the hotel was because I thought the breakfast would be quick, convenient, hot & tasty. It was not ANY of those things.

The ($9 self/$12 valet) parking charges were a joke, although as a Hilton Honors member, they comped me. But putting a gate up and charging to get past it seems pretty cheesy to me. There was definitely no security to speak of, so I couldn't even say that's what you would be paying for.

One other thing - the clientele at this place was very undesirable while we were there. And yes, I realize that this is not the hotel's fault at all. But the hot tub was full of bubbles, so clearly someone played some kind of trick to ruin it, and it then had to be turned off. What a shame that people are so destructive.

Since we got in late, we found (with the valet's recommendation) a great late-night restaurant in the area right down the street - a place called Joe's. We got burgers and chicken fingers and everything was tasty.

So I guess I could recommend this hotel if you're not going for the breakfast. If that is a big perk for you, I would recommned you go to a Hampton in the area - I've never had an issue with any of their breakfasts, and I stay at a lot of them.

Happy travels!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
David_GMAtlanta, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport, responded to this review, April 16, 2010
Dear Vanessadelray,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay.

I am pleased to see that you found the accomodations to be great.

I apoligize that you had a negative breakfast experience. I can assure you that that service level that you received is not typical and is not representative of the service level we normally provide at the Embassy Suites Atlanta Airport.

I regret the incident left you with an unfavorable impression of the Hotel and hope to have a future opportunity to regain your confidence and goodwill. I look forward to having you as a return guest, and am confident your next experience will be more in keeping with your expectations of Hilton Hotels.
Reviewed March 20, 2010

One of the best places I've stayed. It is a really nice hotel with a great restaurant and their is a hospitality time with free drinks and snacks!

Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Courtyard Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road
Atlanta Airport Marriott
Atlanta Airport Marriott
#3 of 26 in College Park
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center
Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport? Share your experiences!