“Great stay”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport
Ranked #72 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed January 4, 2010

My children actually loved this hotel they said mom it has to be a five star hotel which I thought was cute coming from two teens who travel but they have not traveled as much as I have and they have not stayed in a five star like mom. I do give The Embassay suites three stars for service and ease of checkout! The front reception was nice Thanks Miah who got us a room even though we where early on New Years Day she had us in by 1:00. The room was huge with a nice small kitchen area only thing missing was a stove... not that I wanted to cook. The hotel is not close to anything so you need a car or you have to take the shuttle to the airport to get to the Marta. This was fine since my sister was our driver for the two days we stayed. We where able to get extra towels and pillows. My son said the let out couch didn't sleep all that well but he snored as if it did... My daughter and I shared the king bed which was very comfortable. The Managers Reception was great although there was a line for the drinks but when there free it's to be expected... The food at the grill was good we had lunch there hot wings chicken tenders and turkey club fresh and hot with refills for the kids drinks... The breakfast with made to order omeletes was also good the food was fresh didn't stay hot long since the atrium where you sit stayed cold due to the weather and maybe not having any heat on in the lobby area. When it's cold out would be nice to come from your warm room to a warm place to enjoy your breakfast, but you really wanted to wear long sleeves and long pants and gloves. I believe my only complaint would be TOO much Clorine in the pool and hot tub... so much your eyes burned and my noise cleared up every time you entered the pool area! My son decided to wear his navy blue t-shirt in the jacuzzi needless to say it looked bleached after he got out. My only suggestion is to check the amount that is being used to make sure it doesn't irriatate somones skin..

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,308)

Reviewed December 1, 2009

Absolutely beautiful hotel. Very friendly staff and lots of things to keep the younger kids busy. Great location, near the airport, but very quiet and relaxing! Truly the best hotel I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2009

We stayed here with 3 children after a 9 hour flight from the UK enroute to Florida. It was easy to find, really close to the rental car pick-up. Staff were friendly and helpful on arrival and our room was as we've come to expect from the brand - spacious and clean with easily enough room for 5. We were a bit put out by the $9 overnight car parking fee!

We were too late for the manager's reception but were able to make use of the indoor pool and hot tub, it was fine but needed a bit of updating - old and cracked tiles. We had a late snack in the hotel bar which again needs some updating. Our room overlooked the front entrance so even with jet-lag, I heard alot of slamming car doors through the night and of course the expected airline noise!

Breakfast the next day was the usual ES buffet, more than enough choice for everyone, we always fill up ready to hit the road! The staff were all very friendly and couldn't do enough for us.

Halfway to Florida we realised we had left a phone and English money in our room. We called the hotel who assured us they would speak to house-keeping and secure it, ready for our return in a week. The next day we checked that it had been found and we were told it would be ready and waiting on Thursday afternoon, however, when we returned, the reception staff were oblivious to this, were rude and off-hand with us, we felt like liars! Eventually, after almost begging them to chase house-keeping (who had finished for the day) somebody brought it down to us.

I would stay here again because we like the ES big rooms, manager's reception and good breakfast.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2009

We are staying here at the moment as my husbant has some business meetings and I have to say that this is one of the worst hotels where I have ever stayed. I can't understand the positive reviews one reads on this site, not at all!

The hotels is old-fashioned, not at all welcoming, the suits are big but need a renovation badly, it looks like one has stepped back in time and the noise from the planes is simply awful. Instead of making the sitting room at the entrance of the room with no daylight and the sleeping room in the back with a window and the terrible plane noise it should mabe have been done the other way around. Maybe that would have been a bit strange to step right into the bedroom when you enter but after all now you have light and noise in the bedroom while that is exactly what you don't need. The restaurant options are very limited (only some kind of a pub full of TV's) and the quality of the food is not good. The pool is terrible and so is the gym. A pity hotels in the US haven't yet adopted the European fashion of having a sauna and a steam room! I have stayed in airport hotels quite often but as noisy as this one never! Sitting outside by the pool in the summer must be a pain!

Reviewed October 26, 2009

I just stayed October 24 while on business. The front desk staff was very nice. The hotel is very typical of all Embassy Suites inside - nice and updated. The bartender was awesome during the evening reception. The room was mostly updated. The bathroom could have been cleaner as there was hair all over the floor and shower. The breakfast buffet was one of the worst I've had at any Embassy. Nothing was fresh - from the eggs to the fruit. I ended up having a made to order omlet. Again, the ingredients offered for the omlets were all canned. One of my largest issues was how hot the room was. I turned the thermostat down as low as it would go and still couldn't cool down. Overall, a miserable experience. Even though the staff were all great, I will not be staying here again.

Reviewed October 26, 2009

I would like to share my wonderful experience with you all while I had a business trip to Atlanta in mid October.

First of all, we had two amazing sales managers - Marva and Sydana who went above and beyond to assist us on this 2-day conference in the hotel. Their detailed arrangements and professional manners gave our planning team an Awesome impression - our planning team picked this hotel out of 5 other competitors. This hotel eventually proved that our decision is RIGHT!!

Second, we will have to say - the front desk team made us Wow again!! Cory, Deshena, Sabrina and the night auditor made sure that our team had a super comfortable stay in the hotel while we were all away from home. Here, I would like to say "Thank You" again to Cory due to his unwavering patience with our group. He demonstrated a true Hilton Spirit!!

Third, we definitely need to mention about the banquet and catering team - both banquet captains - Rodney and Mike were just super!! They both ensured the flawless of our meeting rooms and all-day meal and meeting break arrangment. Except the room was freezing on the first day - all participants appreciated their quick responses in terms of handling last-minute changes. AV teach - Greg is great as well. He ran several testings before our meeting to guarantee the AV system was set up properly and perfectly.

Fourth, we cannot forget to say THANK YOU to the Executive Chef - Ronald Howard!! Given that there is only one restaurant located in this hotel, most of the team members had to have three meals daily for the entire meeting period. Chef presented the best quality of food and a wide selection of menu choices for the hotel guests. Since the meeting package we chose didn't have any item for the vegetarians, Chef created the grilled veg pasta for the special needs. Thank you so much!

Last but not least, we must address our gratitute to the female shuttle driver (sorry - I don't remember her name!) for arranging the shuttle schedule for our mass departures on the last day of the meeting. in addition, I have to thank the maintainance staff for helping me to switch the room due to the door lock problem.

I am very happy to tell all the future travelers that this hotel is our # 1 in Atlanta!

Reviewed October 22, 2009

I currently held a 2 day training at this hotel and boy what a stay! The staff was great and the hotel was very comfortable. It is located within minutes from the airport and their food was great. I highly recommend this hotel if you want to stay in a nice friendly environment. I must warn you though, their smiles are very contagious! Enjoy!!!