We were coming on business and had reserved a 2 room suite.
We get to our room and ended up at a door that was dented and chiseled around the door knob (we really felt safe). We walk in and the room is stinky,musty, one bedroom, a living room area, that is very cramped. That is what they consider the 2 room suite here. We cannot change hotels, so we change rooms, but we're happy because the 2nd room does not smell (paying $150 a night, company already printed the check ). I find 2 empty beer cans tucked by the corner of the couch.The room was suffocating so I turned on the air and immediately we were coughing vehemently. We spent 10 minutes in perile trying to air out the room and figure out why the air wasn't working, until i looked at the vent under the thermostat and saw all of the dust pouring out of it. So we unscrewed the frame piece and the air filter looked like it had been collecting dust since the 50's. We called and got maintenance to change the air filter. Then the sheets had hairs on them and had to call room service. We call it a night and the next day I couldn't figure out why the bathroom had a lingering smell of urine and on inspection it came from the shower curtain. As i pull a chair out to eat continental breakfast in my room, i see semen stains on it, and gag. So i pretty much know what happened to the shower curtain at this point. I immediately set the chair out, and get the shower curtain replaced. The carpet is sticky in the room so i only walk with socks, shoes on, and the floors are sticky out of the room too, and if my arm accidently hits the counter at breakfast or any table we sit at, I cringe from the stickiness, forks and trays too. I found out that the dark sausage at breakfast was freshly cooked but had been mixed in with the lighter reheated sausage that was so old it was souring on the inside which i had to spit out so i wouldn't get sick. My husband ordered a $30.00 Porterhouse steak that looked like a $10 steak with 2 little bitty puny, withered potato wedges and a 20% room service fee. Through all of this we have been reporting it all to management, but all they really care about is whether to send cleaning or maintenance . They did provide us with the free internet service that I'm using to write this review with, cleaning and maintenance always came promptly without any care for explanation, and the room is alot more comfortable now that i had it totally renovated, and cleaned. Another plus is that the employees that serve the 2 complimentary drinks at the end of the day don't care either so it turns into a free alcohol buffet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to Atlanta Airport, enjoy free breakfast and our best rates guaranteed when booking through Hilton, at the Embassy Suites Atlanta - Airport hotel. We provide a complementary airport shuttle service, spacious, comfy two-room suites, an indoor pool, and a nightly Managers Reception to wind down from your day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Atlanta Airport
- Embassy Suites College Park
- College Park Embassy Suites