“The Only trip I Forgot My LySoL!!!!!! Staying until Dec.13, 2008”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport
Ranked #80 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
southeast
“The Only trip I Forgot My LySoL!!!!!! Staying until Dec.13, 2008”
Reviewed December 11, 2008

We were coming on business and had reserved a 2 room suite.
We get to our room and ended up at a door that was dented and chiseled around the door knob (we really felt safe). We walk in and the room is stinky,musty, one bedroom, a living room area, that is very cramped. That is what they consider the 2 room suite here. We cannot change hotels, so we change rooms, but we're happy because the 2nd room does not smell (paying $150 a night, company already printed the check ). I find 2 empty beer cans tucked by the corner of the couch.The room was suffocating so I turned on the air and immediately we were coughing vehemently. We spent 10 minutes in perile trying to air out the room and figure out why the air wasn't working, until i looked at the vent under the thermostat and saw all of the dust pouring out of it. So we unscrewed the frame piece and the air filter looked like it had been collecting dust since the 50's. We called and got maintenance to change the air filter. Then the sheets had hairs on them and had to call room service. We call it a night and the next day I couldn't figure out why the bathroom had a lingering smell of urine and on inspection it came from the shower curtain. As i pull a chair out to eat continental breakfast in my room, i see semen stains on it, and gag. So i pretty much know what happened to the shower curtain at this point. I immediately set the chair out, and get the shower curtain replaced. The carpet is sticky in the room so i only walk with socks, shoes on, and the floors are sticky out of the room too, and if my arm accidently hits the counter at breakfast or any table we sit at, I cringe from the stickiness, forks and trays too. I found out that the dark sausage at breakfast was freshly cooked but had been mixed in with the lighter reheated sausage that was so old it was souring on the inside which i had to spit out so i wouldn't get sick. My husband ordered a $30.00 Porterhouse steak that looked like a $10 steak with 2 little bitty puny, withered potato wedges and a 20% room service fee. Through all of this we have been reporting it all to management, but all they really care about is whether to send cleaning or maintenance . They did provide us with the free internet service that I'm using to write this review with, cleaning and maintenance always came promptly without any care for explanation, and the room is alot more comfortable now that i had it totally renovated, and cleaned. Another plus is that the employees that serve the 2 complimentary drinks at the end of the day don't care either so it turns into a free alcohol buffet.

• Liked — the free drinks, the pizza
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed September 8, 2008

The Embassy Suites are wonderful locations because of two things. Free drinks and free hot breakfast. Life is good!

We stayed in Atlanta for the NASCAR race and there were plenty of "patrons" staying there for the same reason. The managers reception was hopping with "like-minded" individuals. It was a nice change of pace.

The rooms are always nice here because of the separate sleeping and living area. The mini-fridge was helpful too.

I didn't like that I had to walk ALL the way around the atrium to get to the ice machine. That's no fun, but overall it was a great stay!

• Liked — breakfast and reception
  • Disliked — the check-in computer froze and the staff wasn't anywhere to be found to help
  • Stayed March 2008
Northern Virginia
Reviewed August 5, 2008

Embassy's lately tend to be either really nice or really nasty. This one is quite nasty. Our room (king bed) was small. No sink in the bedroom. The rug was dated and worn. Access to wireless internet was $9 per 24 hrs, a real rip off. Self-parking was $7. The ATL airport jets screaming overhead seemed louder than they should have, the soundproofing wasn't effective and the noise will awaken you at 5:30 AM when takeoffs begin. Also, the hotel is fairly dfficult to find, located off Riverdale Road and nothing is within walking distance. Due to numerous family reunions going on in the hotel, we waited 20 minutes in line to access the breakfast buffets which the staff was having a hard time keeping stocked. I wondered why this was the least expensive Embassy Suites in the Atlanta area. Now I know, it looks like one of the oldest and least maintained. Avoid it.

• Liked — The bed was comfortable.
  • Disliked — The surrounding airport jet noise from takeoffs was intolerable.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
jenc23
Reviewed August 3, 2008

I am a frequent business traveler and have stayed at several Embassy Suites in other cities. This is bar far the worst. The room needs updating and is drab and dark. The noise coming from downstairs is hard to handle at late hours. Like another reviewer stated, they had three family reunions when I was there, people EVERYWHERE. Late night get togethers and receptions downstairs that produced noise until the early morning hours. I could hear people screaming (and I was on the 5th floor) at 1am. People were able to bring their own beverages, coolers, and margarita mixes to the atrium area and have their own little parties.

Couldn't get a seat at breakfast because of the people overcrowding, looked like 5+ to a room staying for the reunions. Breakfast consisted of very greasy bacon and what appeared to be leftover rosemary potatoes.

One of the elevators was out of order the whole time so waiting for the elevator was a long experience. Only pool table in the hotel bar was out of order the entire time. No draft beer in the hotel bar so when happy hour on weekends was in there they didn't serve any beer. Maid service was bad, many times it was obvious the bathroom wasn't cleaned.

We didn't have hot water the first three days staying. They said it would be fixed day two but it wasn't. The entire hotel took cold showers until it was fixed.

We paid $139 a night for the room, heard of people paying $169 and then heard of reunion stayers paying well under $100. If you are going to have $170 guests and $85 guests, you will get quite the mix.

• Liked — Location to business
  • Disliked — Service and price
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
Maryland
Reviewed July 17, 2008

I stayed here with my mom and three children one night because we had a very early flight out of Atlanta the next day. I chose this hotel based ont he price and beacuse they offered a free ealy breakfast. The rooms itself are a nice size. We had two queen beds in the bedroom and a seperate living room with a pull out sofa. There was also a small kithchenette and a dining area. Our room was on the 2nd floor and was noisy because of people walking past at all hours of the night I suppose to go to the airport. The room needed an update as well a a good cleaning. The room felt dirty to me. THe breakfast in the morning was not that great. The potatoes, sausage, and baccon was cold and the juice was very watery. the freshyly made omlet was good. There was a shuttle that came evey 10 minutes to take you to the airport. That was convienent.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
south carolina
Reviewed June 24, 2008

I have stayed in numerous Embassy Suites. This particular one was a bit less sophisticated as to what I am used too. The patio door on my third room floor did not lock, which was a safety hazard for my small child. The front desk sent maintenance up to the room immediately. The free breakfast was very good, but there were long lines. The only complaint about the breakfast--- the time states 7am-10am on weekends. However, during our stay they changed it to 7:30am-10:30am. I needed to be at my destination by 8 am and didn't get to eat.
Don't purchase any sodas out of the machines. I purchased a drink that expired in January 2008. The front desk did exchange it out.
The maid service sucked. The pull out bed had a few perm rods inside the couch compartment that stayed there the entire visit. THey are probably still there. Amenities were not replenished either.
I did get a good rate on the hotel website. I paid $84 per night, while I heard others paying $260 per night. There were several family reunions taking place and kids running all around.
The hotel seemed to be operating on a very minimal budget, but the staff was very friendly.

• Liked — breakfast
  • Disliked — cleanliness
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
DC Suburbs
Reviewed April 19, 2008

We stayed for two weeks at the Embassy Suites Atlanta Airport. During our stay, the rooms were being re-carpeted, not redecorated, so there was construction staff, mess, and constant daytime noise which began at 8 am each day. We got no forwarning before cheking in that this was happening,. When I complained, the front desk offered to move our room. Problem was, they were working on every floor, in every corner, as soon as rooms vacated. I had the luxury of actually having to ask construction workers to stand up to be able to get through the hall to my room. They were laying sprawled across the hallway floor (at 12:15 p.m.) taking a break. The rooms were not very clean. They had not been well vacuumed for some time apparently, because there was dirt all around the edges of the rooms. The duvet (which they say on a boastful little card left for newcomers on the bed) is supposedly washed for each new visitor, although I NEVER saw housekeeping remove one with the other dirty linens from a room after people checked out during our whole two weeks there. Also, the duvet was very heavy, and far too warm for Atlanta's usually mild to hot weather, and seems an odd choice in the deep South. I tossed ours on a side chair in the bedroom where it stayed for the duration with a note on it to housekeeping to NOT return it to the bed. The kitchenette counter in our room had not been actually cleaned in a long time, I am certain, because when I wiped it with antibacterial wipes upon arrival, they came away brown. The in-room microwave was an old dial type - a style I haven't seen for sale in at least 15 years. The coffee machine's brew basket was so dirty, I wouldn't have let my dog drink from it, and his standards are way below mine! The laundry machines were appallingly dirty, and the laundry room itself is only accessible by way of walking within 5 feet of the edge of the indoor pool (and all the screaming, splashing children who were nearly constantly in it). There was brown scum inside both washers - I asked the front desk three times to have it cleaned but it never was. Only one of the two aged dryers actually worked. I ended up hand washing my laundry in the bathroom sink and hanging it to dry on the shower rail. I was rather unhappy when I got splashed by children in the pool while wearing my last set of clean clothing to see if the laundry had been cleaned yet after the third and last of my requests (which it hadn't). The toilet seat was one made of painted wood, which had begun to splinter and crack - which can't be very hygenic. They do have a free breakfast that is terrific and the food service staff are all quite pleasant except for the very surly fellow who sometimes makes cooked to order omelettes. The hotel charges $7 per day per vehicle to park in addition to the room rate, also odd, since it is not covered nor guarded parking. Internet access can be had in room, but at a rather steep $10 per day. There is free internet "access" in the Business Center, but I never found it accessible as it was always in use when I went to the Business Center to try to use it. I finally caved and paid for one day of internet to check my email in my room. There is a "Manager's Reception" - aka Happy Hour - every night for two hours with free drinks (yes, alcohol), sodas, nachos with lukewarm queso, and popcorn. We ate one dinner in the hotel restaurant for our anniversary. The waiter, who was foreign, did not know what most of the menu items were. I had to explain to him what a filet of fish was, (as opposed to a whole fish) after I inquired about how a fish dish on the menu was prepared. He told me most of the food was made from frozen, and was Stouffers (no kidding!). The prices reflect more of a fine dining than freezer made menu. The dessert we ordered was supposed to be a Chocolate Mousse Pyramid. He served us a piece of chocolate pecan cake of some sort and a glob of vanilla ice cream in a bowl. When I told him that was not what we ordered, he disappeared into the kitchen and came back about 5 minutes later to say that they didn't have that anymore, and this was what they served instead. For the business traveller - weekends are a nightmare for anyone wanting to get work done. Lots of families with loud children invade on weekends, and children run up and down the halls, which are all open to the center atrium.

• Liked — The exit
  • Disliked — Read my review!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Atlanta Airport Marriott
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,653 reviews
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport? Share your experiences!