“Just okay”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport
Ranked #73 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We stayed here for one night between flights. The rooms are a good size for a family and had very thing you would need for a comfortable stay. The managers reception was okay nothing like other embassy suites we have stayed at. This hotel was very noisy and the restaurant was not very good. Really the best thing about this hotel was the breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

I can see there were a few things you did not care for during your stay with us and I am very sorry we did not meet your needs. I thank you very much for your review and sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity and stay with us next time you’re in town.

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Right to the important facts on why my Title is so dramatic.
Notes: I was visiting the area with my brother to visit my daughter and choose this property so that we could have a suite to all stay in.
I was using points for the stay and I'm a HHonors DIA member

The Bad:
1. The hotel is old and worn down. Wouldn't be bad but you can tell lack of up keep. For example, the doors were all scratched, dinged, and dirty. The walls of the hallways as well.
2. The rooms are worn, old and worn down. The toilet in our first room wouldn't flush right. (Embarrassing). The shower curtain was torn. The tub had mold.
3. The staff was, let's just say, not really interested. EVER
4. The pool area was disgusting. There were ants right next to the hot tub! It was like they wanted to join us. When I tried to turn on the "bubbles" for the hot tub, it feel off the wall. It was broken.
5. The towels in the pool area were the size of the hand towels they give you in the room.
6. Parking was over priced.
7. The "free" Embassy breakfast was the worst I've ever been to. Lack of choices, very little selection. Was terrible.

I could go on and on. Bar service terrible. Broken exterior doors.

I've noticed a trend in the last few years where many Embassy Suites properties have been allowed to fall apart with little or no upkeep. I believe Hilton is letting the brand slowly die. Or they just don't care. With an Embassy Suites you have to find a new property. Otherwise you're unsure what you're going to get.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry that you were disappointed with your stay. We've shared your review with our management team and we will be making the necessary improvements. I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Rooms= some old furnishings, workout rm beatup. Reception = Chips dips, nuts, carrots, fruit - some combo of these each nite. Plus unlimited drinks (soft drinks + some spirits). Breakfast just OK, omelets OK. Toilet seat broke, outlet kept tripping, no shampoo, 4 pcs trash found around room. Found 4 roaches over 1 day (woke up w/ one in my glass, opened microwave & 1 ran out, 1 running down wall, 1 on counter)= changed rooms and gave me free movie.. Value for price not good, rather stay elsewhere at half the price and they can keep nightly snacks, omelets, mini fridge, and 2nd TV! They aren't worth the extra $70.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. I understand that you found our hotel to be somewhat dated and in need of some renovations. I do appreciate your candor; we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest rooms’ appearance as this is an area we are actively examining. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share. Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

This establishment is the eye sore of all Embassy Suite Hotels. Beware - not only on a visual level, but a health related level as well. We ventured to this establishment for a week long college retreat. Upon arriving to our first room, we noticed extreme mildew spots on the ceilings and closet doors. There was a musty smell which I concluded was due to prior water damage. We relocated into another room with similar results. The bathroom caulking was latent with mildew, the single pane windows fogged as the seals appeared to be broken. The clocks in the rooms are controlled centrally, and that Tuesday morning everyone in our class was an hour late due to them being incorrectly set. When I called the front desk, the operator wasn't able to even tell us the correct time. The most horrible event was the indoor pool. We walked in that Morning evening and found the pool murky and green. We were told it would be fixed by Tuesday. On Tuesday afternoon, we talked with the pool repair gentleman who stated it would be complete and functional that evening. On Wednesday mid day, we were told we could enter the jacuzzi, and that the pool would be cleaned that afternoon. On Wednesday afternoon (after taking a dip in the jacuzzi that mid day) we found an orange inspection sticker from the City of Atlanta Health Department closing the entire area do to it being a health risk! Upon calling the front desk again, they stated the sign shouldn't be up there and that they were given the green light to open the pool on Thursday. The front desk staff is insane, the breakfast is sub-standard compared to other Embassy Suites we've attended. This has been the worst experience ever and it so badly represents Embassy in an extremely negative light. I am requesting our college to remove their contract with Embassy and find another location for us students to attend. Oh, and we also found out from one of the cleaning staff in confidence the hotel had indeed experienced water damage. Someone flooded the toilet on the 4th floor upon checkout (there's 5 floors in total) and it flooded the entire west wing of the building. There was no major cleanup involved (hence the mildew and water damage). So it obviously appears Embassy is doing nothing but collecting our money instead of using it's massive funds to remedy obvious health problems. I've taken a picture of the health department pool shutdown from our visit and will give this information to Embassy Corporate as soon as we return home.

1  Thank Dre J

Thank you for staying with us. First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. I understand that you found our hotel to be somewhat dated and in need of some renovations. I do appreciate your candor; we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest rooms’ appearance as this is an area we are actively examining. Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Outdated hotel rooms. No customer service. Dirty surroundings. Does not meet embassy's standard.
Manager did not try to fix the problem even when the sign says customer satisfaction guarantee. Had to leave and check in at another hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Sa_local2014

We regret that we were not able to help you address all of your concerns and truly do value our guests' comfort. We've shared your feedback with our staff so that we can ensure to prevent such issues in the future. If you have any additional comments, do not hesitate to let us know.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

The rooms are all suites so kids in one side and mom and dad in the other each with their own TV. Good breakfast with all the main choices - it will take a few minutes wait in the omelet line (chef is not the fastest maker I seen).

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review of our hotel the Embassy Suites Hotel Atlanta Airport. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

For the price I couldn't expect luxury accommodations. The room was quiet which I loved and can't complain about free breakfast and afternoon cocktails. However I was upset that my phone didn't work in my room. I told the front desk staff about three times and it never got replaced. My iron was also broken I had to ask for a new one twice! Room service was terrible. I ordered chicken tenders (which was very hard since they could barley hear me on my phone) and fries it took 45 min to arrive and the fries were cold and burnt. Asked for new fries and it took 30 min for them to bring those.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank acharles13
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Courtyard Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road
The Westin Atlanta Airport
#100 of 172 in Atlanta
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport - South
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport? Share your experiences!