Recently spent a couple of nights at the E.S. Atlanta Airport location. As usual, you will find this a nice property with spacious rooms and a lovelly tropical garden ambience. Free breakfast buffet as well as cooked to order eggs and omlets, and an on-sight restaurant and bar. Don't miss the manager's reception with free drinks and snacks from 5:30 - 7:30 in the evening. The bed was extremely comfortable permitting a very good night's sleep.
I always enjoy staying at E.S. as one of my favorite hotels. I found this property as nice as any but there were a few things worth noting.
On arrival when I asked about my free internet as a Hilton Honors member I was asked if I was a gold or diamond member. I responded that I wasn't sure but it didn't matter as I've always had free internet with the program; the response was "this property doesn't give free internet unless you're a gold or platinum member." They ended up giving it to me anyway but I was a bit surprised that location could arbitrarily opt out of the HH Program benefits. I guess I need to check with HH as to whether this is the case.
Also, while the rooms were generally clean and comfy, the detail in the cleanliness was a bit lacking. The desk chair was quite filthy, to the point I didn't want to sit in it without covering it with a towel, and the intake vent to the air system was covered in dust that had been collected - apparently not having been cleaned in quite some time.
It was difficult, almost impossible to adjust the water temperature in the shower to medium. It was either scalding hot or cool. And when getting it even close to the right temperature the water pressure was very low. The front desk eagerly and politely offered to have it check out, but there was no difference the second night. I managed through it but
All in all a nice place and I wouldn't mind repeating but I can't honesly say that this location was up to the exceptionally high standards I've experienced at other E.S. properties.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to Atlanta Airport, enjoy free breakfast and our best rates guaranteed when booking through Hilton, at the Embassy Suites Atlanta - Airport hotel. We provide a complementary airport shuttle service, spacious, comfy two-room suites, an indoor pool, and a nightly Managers Reception to wind down from your day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Atlanta Airport
- Embassy Suites College Park
- College Park Embassy Suites