“Another Nice Stay at Embassy”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport
Ranked #69 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Recently spent a couple of nights at the E.S. Atlanta Airport location. As usual, you will find this a nice property with spacious rooms and a lovelly tropical garden ambience. Free breakfast buffet as well as cooked to order eggs and omlets, and an on-sight restaurant and bar. Don't miss the manager's reception with free drinks and snacks from 5:30 - 7:30 in the evening. The bed was extremely comfortable permitting a very good night's sleep.

I always enjoy staying at E.S. as one of my favorite hotels. I found this property as nice as any but there were a few things worth noting.

On arrival when I asked about my free internet as a Hilton Honors member I was asked if I was a gold or diamond member. I responded that I wasn't sure but it didn't matter as I've always had free internet with the program; the response was "this property doesn't give free internet unless you're a gold or platinum member." They ended up giving it to me anyway but I was a bit surprised that location could arbitrarily opt out of the HH Program benefits. I guess I need to check with HH as to whether this is the case.

Also, while the rooms were generally clean and comfy, the detail in the cleanliness was a bit lacking. The desk chair was quite filthy, to the point I didn't want to sit in it without covering it with a towel, and the intake vent to the air system was covered in dust that had been collected - apparently not having been cleaned in quite some time.

It was difficult, almost impossible to adjust the water temperature in the shower to medium. It was either scalding hot or cool. And when getting it even close to the right temperature the water pressure was very low. The front desk eagerly and politely offered to have it check out, but there was no difference the second night. I managed through it but

All in all a nice place and I wouldn't mind repeating but I can't honesly say that this location was up to the exceptionally high standards I've experienced at other E.S. properties.

1  Thank EuroTexan
Crystal M, Public Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Euro Texan,

Thank you for your feedback, we at Embassy Suites Atlanta Airport do strive to make every guest stay a great experience and apologzine for the difficult time you receive when wanting to get internet access. We look forward to seeing a loyal guest return back to our property for future reservations.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance to you.

Crystal M.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,335)

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Great place for a girl's weekend get away. Hotel just needs to upgrade there furniture. The mangers reception is great, unlimited drinks and the breakfast is the best. You get your money's worth. The staff is real friendly.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Crystal M, Public Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Patricia H,

Wow! this is great new to us, we really appreciate the feedback and hope you consider us in the future.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

First the Good: excellent valet parking - hard working and efficient person - remembered our name and car. Excellent omelets chef: fast, tasty, exactly as ordered. Overall very clean public areas and our room. Maintenance staff - responded quickly to our complaints.

The Bad: we reserved handicap accessible room about three weeks ago, was promised a walk-in shower. Upon arrival, no room available, only one with a tub seat (my mother in law is 101 years, has some mobility issues). Staff was prompt in installing the tub seat, and it did work for us. Still, upset the room we were promised was not available. Went to bathroom, no flush handle! Again, maintenance quickly fixed it. Light bulb missing from one of the lamps. Makes me wonder if housekeeping did much of a cleaning job and room inspection before renting it to us. I would call their attitude as "react to the customer'" rather than check ahead. Asked front desk for $10 change to give tips to valet and others. No cash at front desk, staff person rather curt about that. I thought it was poor service. Happy Hour: good drinks, but had to show picture ID (I am 72) & Embassy card - they either have problems with moochers, or are a little too demanding, in my opinion. But, the drinks were good.

Overall, an older place, friendly staff, but behind on management skills & responsibilities. I would probably pick a different hotel for another stay near the airport.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Crystal M, Public Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear JMSSouthCarolina,

On behalf of the Hilton family and Embassay Suites Atlanta Airport, I want to give my sincere apologzines for the experience you had while staying with us. We at Embassay try to give our guest the best experience while with us and again; sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issue that were mention, satisfaction is important to us.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Attended a conference here. Good location to Airport if flying in. Once there, however, not much around hotel. Either have to drive or take shuttle to airport and take MARTA up town. Rooms were adequate. Hotel seems a little older, but rooms were very well maintained and very clean. Conference facilities were very nice. Breakfast was good...better than most hotels, especially since free!

Dear wvpe67,

Thank you for the feedback and we are really striving to make every guest stay here enjoyable. We so have minor challenges here in Atlanta, that we are working on to better assist our guest. I hopes you choose our hotel in the future.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

The check in staff was not friendly, bathroom is very out dated and the tub needs a lot of work. The ceiling looks like they had water damage and the vents was very dirty. The coverlet on the bed looked dingy. The night auditor and check out staff was pleasant. Breakfast was not what I am use to when staying at an Embassy Suites.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Katrina B.

Thank you for your feedback and letting us know about our challenges here at our hotel. I apologzine for the experience you had here at our hotel. We strive to ensure our guest experience is one of many. I hope in the future you will let Hilton brand but your choice to stay for future reseverations. and let us make it up to you, by showing you our hospitaility
Warm Regards,

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Typical Embassy quality. A somewhat older property that is being maintained. There were some interesting fixes, such as, the shower that appeared crushed in and was caulked to seal, but otherwise a decent place.

Breakfast was good and the happy hour was well served. The atrium was nice and the seating was more than adequate.

Fine place, a little out the way for non-airport user.

By the way, they charge $12 a night for parking which should be free in a open space like where this property is located. This not a space-limited downtown location.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 20, 2013

This Embassy worked out well as a place to catch an early flight and leave my car. Many of the Embassy Suites I have stayed are showing there age and some are cleaner than others. This room at this one was dated but clean. The lobby is impressive. The shuttle to airport was very timely on my trip to and from the airport. Until they update I would suggest lowering the price.

Dear Danda0624,

Thank you for the feedback and the challenges that we focus on today in the Atlanta area, we try to make every guest experience with us great. We do hope you will consider us for your future stay.