“Not what I expected”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport
Ranked #71 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Bad night front desk attendant, no shampoo or conditioner in the room, front desk claimed did not have shampoo or conditioner, expensive parking fees. Parking gate code was wrong. Front desk and security guard chatting a lot and not doing their job

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Crystal M, Public Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Mohammad Z,

Regards,

Crystal M.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,308)

Reviewed September 16, 2013

This hotel provides a very relaxing, comfortable atmosphere. The rooms are so great it makes you feel like staying forever. The managers reception and breakfast is the best. The servers, check in/out, and everyone is so friendly, they make you feel at home. I'm thinking about just getting a room to relax and meditate. Love this place!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Crystal M, Public Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Waples G,

Thank you so much for the positive review, we are glad to hear you had a great experience here at Embassy Atlanta Airport and hopes you choose our property again for future reservations.

Please let me know if I can be any further assistance.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I had set up a reservation to stay at this hotel on 9/14/13 and upon walking in I could tell it was a older hotel. We checked in and got to our room and was not expecting to see what i saw. The comforter on our bed had snags all over it and looks very old. my wife turned down the covers and there was a long black hair on the bed. at that point my wife was ready to go. we went to the front desk and alerted the person there and asked for a different room. there were none available with a king but this guy did not offer a queen or even offer to have somebody change the linens, he just asked if we were ready to check out like he had heard this before. so we checked out and went right next door to the garden Hilton and it was waaaaay better. it was the same cost for the same type of room and they charged less for parking and held up the standards that i expect from the Hilton famliy.

Room Tip: go to the hilton next door, it is better for the same money
1  Thank goodfoodsometimes
Crystal M, Public Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear goodfoodsometimes,

We’re sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. I will investigate this matter with Guest Service Manager and Housekeeping Mangaer to ensure nothing like this happens to any other guest.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Excellent location, run down hotel. condsider after remodel is complete. This is one hotel I would not bring my family to stay in the Atlanta area. There are much better places down the street or across the road.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sam L. D
Crystal M, Public Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Sam L. D.

We’re sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. We are in the process of remodeling the hotel and improving the hotel's foundation. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Hotel was dirty and staff was very unfriendly. Loud air conditioning compressors outside our window and did not have a good night of sleep. The van shuttle to the airport was a plus and the drivers to and from the airports were super helpful and friendly. They were both the best part of this hotel stay.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Crystal M, Public Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear Ms. Linda G,

Regards,

Crystal Matthews-Odeh
Exec. Assistant

Reviewed September 8, 2013

The front desk staff was efficient & friendly which really was the best part of my stay here. My short interactions with them were positive. The rooms were clean as was the hotel in general.

I decided to attempt to eat dinner at the hotel since there is nowhere else around to get to without a car. I admit I was tired after a cross country flight, but not grumpy or anything like that. I ordered a draft beer & was carded. I did not bring down my ID with me- yes I should have, but I surely do not look underage. The bartender wouldn't serve me & I was just frustrated...again, I get that I should have had my ID, but am obviously not underage and was staying at the hotel. It just seemed silly to me.

Then I looked over the unimpressive menu & left. There was little variety & looked like a typical hotel bar menu. Ugh...I went to bed hungry.

The breakfast the next morning was equally as unimpressive. It is usually my favorite part of an Embassy stay. Maybe some salsa? Fresh fruit? Bananas? It was just blah.

If you stay here, just avoid the food & you will have a fine experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Our stay here was ok. It would have been better if we didn't have the two rooms over the indoor swimming pool. Our rooms smelled like mildew (trapped moisture) the entire time we were there. It wasn't good for my allergies and upper respiratory system. The staff was great though. They were very helpful and accommodating, especially housekeeping and breakfast staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family