“One to stay away from”

Ranked #81 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Germantown, United States
“One to stay away from”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Excellent location, run down hotel. condsider after remodel is complete. This is one hotel I would not bring my family to stay in the Atlanta area. There are much better places down the street or across the road.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Sam L. D
Crystal M, Public Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Sam L. D.

We’re sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. We are in the process of remodeling the hotel and improving the hotel's foundation. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.

Crystal M.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Newbury Park, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Hotel was dirty and staff was very unfriendly. Loud air conditioning compressors outside our window and did not have a good night of sleep. The van shuttle to the airport was a plus and the drivers to and from the airports were super helpful and friendly. They were both the best part of this hotel stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Crystal M, Public Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Ms. Linda G,

We’re sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us.

Regards,

Crystal Matthews-Odeh
Exec. Assistant
Morristown, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

The front desk staff was efficient & friendly which really was the best part of my stay here. My short interactions with them were positive. The rooms were clean as was the hotel in general.

I decided to attempt to eat dinner at the hotel since there is nowhere else around to get to without a car. I admit I was tired after a cross country flight, but not grumpy or anything like that. I ordered a draft beer & was carded. I did not bring down my ID with me- yes I should have, but I surely do not look underage. The bartender wouldn't serve me & I was just frustrated...again, I get that I should have had my ID, but am obviously not underage and was staying at the hotel. It just seemed silly to me.

Then I looked over the unimpressive menu & left. There was little variety & looked like a typical hotel bar menu. Ugh...I went to bed hungry.

The breakfast the next morning was equally as unimpressive. It is usually my favorite part of an Embassy stay. Maybe some salsa? Fresh fruit? Bananas? It was just blah.

If you stay here, just avoid the food & you will have a fine experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Bear, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Our stay here was ok. It would have been better if we didn't have the two rooms over the indoor swimming pool. Our rooms smelled like mildew (trapped moisture) the entire time we were there. It wasn't good for my allergies and upper respiratory system. The staff was great though. They were very helpful and accommodating, especially housekeeping and breakfast staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Auburn, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

The Embassy Suites at 4700 Southport in College Park, GA is a great place to stay for a family reunion. They serve a great complimentary breakfast (good cooks who know how to make a delicious Omelet), friendly staff and the hotel is centrally located to Downtown Atlanta, Georgia Aquarium, Coca Cola, Varsity and the Interstate.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Somewhat older hotel, relatively clean. In middle of nowhere and not walking distance to anything. Have to pay for parking even though off airport. Beas told would receive diamond status water and snack, but they never arrived. Breakfast subpar for Embassy. Staff friendly. Would recommend another hotel in the area if needed for airport proximity.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
David_GMAtlanta, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear xiphoid,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our property. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

David Piscola
Portage, IN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

The carpet was somewhat aged but the staff was courteous. The restaraunt had a decent pulled pork sandwich but somewhat pricey. Gated lot cost an extra12 per night but secure. Close to the south suburbs!

• Stayed August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Atlanta Airport Marriott
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,619 reviews
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport? Share your experiences!