“Aging Property, Mediocre Service, HHonors Non-Participation”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport
Ranked #73 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This hotel has some visible age/wear-tear on it. A couple of issues. First, it's an "exception" in the HHonors double points promotion. Apparently you're supposed to read the "fine print" before booking this property. They do not provide a Gold amenity and they don't participate in the double points promotion. A waste of a night because there's a Hilton Garden Inn next door, two Hamptons nearby, a Hilton and Doubletree at the next exit. As an HHonors member I didn't HAVE to stay here! So because I didn't read the "legalese" that this is a "non-participating property" I feel cheated out of points. Second...I was in the hot tub at 9:30--I think it closes at 11:00--and the maintenance worker turned on cold water to fill it up while I'm in it. A hot tub is supposed to be HOT and RELAXING. Soaking in a public pool of quickly turning lukewarm water is kinda gross. Third--at breakfast, although it's supposed to be open until 9:00am--the staff started taking the food down at 8:30. They had one guy working cook-to-order and a long line for that. If breakfast is supposed to be until 9:00--then they shouldn't start taking it down until 9:00. Otherwise change the sign to say it comes down at 8:30. The staff seems oblivious to the guests. Not really the quality I expect of Embassy Suites or the Hilton brand and I feel it's a franchisee taking advantage of the brand equity and trust of HHonors and Embassy Suites by offering a sub-par property/experience.

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport

Reviewed March 3, 2013

The front desk staff was very nice and greeted me and directed me to the meeting room and to the gift shop. The woman in the gift shop was also nice but they don't carry newspapers - and I'd not been able to get one at ATL before leaving the airport.

The meeting room (a small one) was ok but freezing and repeated requests to have it not as cold or to turn the fans blowing cold air off didn't help.

Two staff members (Jonathan from AV and Rodney from Banquets) were very nice and tried to help with a number of things. It just didn't work.

Lunch: we had pre-ordered lunch for noon for 4 people. At 12:20 we had to ask for it. One person's lunch was not what the menu described. I think I got a mild dose of food poisoning from my steak salad. (It had been the only think I'd eaten that day.) I'd asked for olive oil and balsamic or red wine vinegar, separately, on the side. I got oil (it didn't smell like olive) and a white vinegar and used neither.

Each trip to the women's restroom on the first floor near the meeting space left me puzzled: one soap dispenser was totally out of soap; the other didn't work. There was a pump bottle of a 'hand sanitizer' which I tried to use - it was a "goopy", creamy, won't come-off-your-hands kind. I rinsed my hands in water and wiped it off. Outside the restroom, each time I went, was a housekeeping cart not attended. Oddly, on it was a huge, partially full bottle of the hand soap. I brought it in to the restroom after the first attempt at hand-washing and used it and then put it back on the cart. No clue what others were doing who used the restroom and hope that in the heart (back) of the house, employees had other options.

Not sure who the owners of this hotel are or how often they visit. Not sure how Hilton controls brand standards. This hotel should be redone or not used. Very disappointing.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We have stayed here before and it is a descent place. Rooms need deep clean around edges and next to bed foundations meet the carpet. Found all sorts of little nasties from putty to hair balls. Rooms starting to show their age and main areas in room were clean. Furniture was stained from whatever. Went to use the hot tub around 9:00 pm at night and it was loaded with kids bobbing around the hot tub and pool so much so that I knew from all the nose blowing and hacking that these unattended kids had pretty much turned it into a primal soup. Returned later to still find little kids and some adults still using it but not as many but so much for adult swimming after 10 pm. Front desk was very helpful and professional. Bartenders were nice and professional. Didn't try the managers reception as I dined out. Tried out breakfast and it was very good except the cook acted like he drew the short straw and had to work on a Sunday morning. Also it rubs me when I have to pay for parking when I already paid for room. It like paying extra for blankets because you just got a bed.

Room Tip: Stay away from exit doors on first floor as they slam shut hard!!
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Conveniently located. Dissapointed that I had to pay $10.00 per night for internet, breakfast was a dissappointment and the room was noisy (airplane and next door room occupant). I informed the front desk about my nighht. However, the manager on duty said that there was nothing she could do about the beds and did not want to move me to another room. Never Again!

Room Tip: My bed was extremely uncomfortable and it was very noisy. The airplanes roaring overhead and the oc...
1  Thank Lillie B
David_GMAtlanta, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

Dear Lillie B,
I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry for the inconveniences you experience while staying with us.

We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience and we will address our team in regards to your review. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we can assure you that the necessary changes will be made.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider giving us another chance.

David Piscola

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Whenever I travel to Atlanta, I try to stay at the Embassy Suites. I like the fact that there is a separate bedroom and living room; it makes the room feel home-y. The staff is always friendly. The rooms are clean, although the common areas of the hotel (other than the lobby) are in need of some renovations if they want to be a luxury-ish hotel (looks a little 90s). The center of the hotel is open and has a lot of vegetation which is nice. Their breakfast is AMAZING; it's basically like ordering breakfast at a restaurant.

1  Thank ChutTheGuy
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Outstanding Rooms, service, family activities, location, resturant, Laundry facilities,breakfast great, room spacious, two televisions, bar area with coffee pot, microwave, refrigerator, sink, excellent view of the hotel, game room for children and family.

1  Thank Linda T
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Conveniently located near the rental return parking of the Atlanta Airport. I chose this hotel because I had to fly out early next morning.
Hotel is severely out-dated, although it's clean and managed OK. Decor in lobby and general area exemplified late 70's early 80's styling, doesn't matter to me, but to pay over $100/night this place, I would choose somewhere else. Room decor was slightly newer, and other facilities are clean.
Washroom in room is also out-dated, and shower head had low water pressure.
Things I didn't like about the hotel:
1. Charge for internet access
2. $12 for parking (I particularly don't like this, since the hotel is not remotely close to downdown area)
Although the hotel is clean, but I will not stay here next time.

1  Thank Joe C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Courtyard Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road
The Westin Atlanta Airport
#100 of 172 in Atlanta
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport - South
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport? Share your experiences!