“Regrettably, this was my second visit.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport

Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport
Ranked #82 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Kansas
“Regrettably, this was my second visit.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Fortunately for the hotel, this was my second visit. Unfortunately for the hotel, it will be my last.

I first stayed here in October 2012. When I arrived and saw that they charge $10 to self park and even more for valet parking, I tend to have high perceptions of the hotel, yes?

My only complaint on the first trip was that I could not get in my room. I tried the room key 4 or 5 times, and nothing. So I went back to the front desk and asked for a new key. Again, the dang key would not work. So went back to the front desk, AGAIN. One would think that they would give a Hilton Honors Gold member a new room, right? WRONG. They felt that there was NO WAY that I could NOT get in to my room. Turns out that they were right. Actually, I could get in my room - about 10% of the time. The maintenance team could get my key to work about 1 out of 10 times. Their advice was to keep trying it and it will work. Nice.

A short while later I went down to the hospitality reception for lukewarm pretzels and a long line for watered down cocktails, and when returning to my room, I was thankful for their advice. On the 10th (or maybe it was the 15th time, I lost track) my key worked. I dared not leave my room again.

Flash foward 3 months, I regrettably gave them a second chance. Fortunately, my key worked when I checked in at 10 PM that evening. Unfortunately, I saw how filthy this hotel is the next morning.

As I was showering prior to check out, I noticed some crusty brown spots under the soap dish in the corner of the shower. A quick wipe with the wash cloth showed that it was fairly easily removed. As I was making my decaf coffee (can you PLEASE stock the room with regular coffee?), I noticed the how the desk chair had marked up the wall, and ripped the wallpaper. Nice image for a Hilton brand (or not).

The smart move would have been to go directly to the airport and grab some breakfast before the 10 AM flight. I have rarely been accused of being smart, and so I went down for the "hot, made to order" breakfast. I asked for an omelette, and as I was waiting in the line (2 deep) for 10 minutes and then waiting another 10 minutes for my eggs to burn, I got to thinking I might want some pancakes. Fortunately I say a large plastic container sitting on the counter for every bit of the 20 minutes I stood there (with no ice or other sign of refrigeration around) and learned it was pancake batter. The easy assumption is that said batter was sitting on the counter since the cook started making the pancakes that morning, and probably until he was done cooking pancakes.

Thankful I did not have the pancakes, I started to eat my nicely browned eggs when I noticed the final straw. A nice dark film built up on the edge of the fountain with a candy wrapper floating in the middle. If the film was at the water's edge, I could make excuses. But this was over 1" thick and a good 1" above the water line. Regrettably I had consumed about 1/4 of my eggs. Fortunately, that was all.

I was all ready to let the desk clerk know how badly they failed. But there was no one at the front desk. I realize that 7:15 or so might be an inconvenient time to check out, but that's how it goes. I quickly, and thankfully, departed.

So if I my first visit was a three stars, I'll generously give the hotel an overall rating of 2. And I'll be looking for 3 star hotel (or better) the next time I need a hotel near ATL.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
1 Thank DaddyYo
David_GMAtlanta, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear DaddyYo,

I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry for the poor level of service you received during your last two trips to our hotel. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience and your comments will help us do so. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider giving us one more chance. We are sure that we can provide one of the greatest hotel stays you've ever experienced if given the opportunity.

David Piscola

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Gainesville, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

All the staff was very and friendly. The breakfast omelets were excellent. Their evening happy hours were great and included snacks (popcorn, veggies and other foods). I had dinner there after a hapy hour and it was very good. Only disappointment was that you had to pay for internet on every device you wanted to use.

Cobbtown, Ga
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

The interior of the hotel was very pretty and they served a delicious breakfast. However, the room did not seem as clean as it could be. It had a little bit of a sour smell probably due to the cleaning rags. Also the extra blanket should have been thrown away. It was scratchy and very thin in places.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Dottie H,
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

We appreciate all guest feedback, and I would like to apologize for the housekeeping issues you encountered while staying with us. We will be sure to correct those going forward and we hope to see you return in the near future.

Safe travels.

cagedmonkees
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

The accommodations are nice. The interior of the hotel was a gazebo lattice work breakfast area and the bar for evening cocktails was comfortable. Only bad thing was they required a picture ID from everyone at the bar. We ate ate the restaurant that night. The service was extremely slow (an hour to get food) but the food was tasty.
Meeting space was fine. Used a hard wired Internet connection since wireless cuts in and out in meeting rooms.

Room Tip: Get one near elevator since the floors are long
Loudon, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Positives:
Front desk was a 10 on a scale of 10.
Valet was a 10 on a scale of 10.

Negatives:
Elevator not working,
Cover on toilet tank did not come close to fitting so we were unable to put anything on top of it.
One person in kitchen doing cooking for breakfast, 20 minute wait in line.
Advertised shuttle but there was no shuttle to the International Terminal, had a $20.00 cab fare.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Crazydago1
David_GMAtlanta, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Crazydago1,

Thank you for your review of your past stay with us.

I always appreciate hearing from our guests – including areas for improvement. I apologize that the comfort of your stay was interrupted and I have taken your comments to our team to ensure that in the future we do a better job of providing exceptional service.

I hope that you will be our guest again The next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area – thank you for your review.

Key Largo, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at many hotels and embassy suites and although this is not the newest, it is a great place to stay. My husband and I are here for a month for his business and have our 2 month old son with us. The staff is friendly and very helpful, alway accommodating. Jessie, a bellman, was very helpful as was the front desk staff. The cons are that you have to pay for parking and Internet. Some of the other hotels close by (within the Hilton family...) have free parking and Internet. The two things that alway bring us back to Embassy are the free breakfast, with made to order omelets, and the managers special! Who can dislike free drinks.... Or "included" drinks I should say.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hobart, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Our jumping off point was Atlanta and our final night together for a long while was at the Embassy Suites Hotel near the airport. We’ve stayed at a lot of nice hotels around the world but I rate this hotel as one of the best. The staff was friendly, helpful and very professional. Even though we were only 1 nighters, we were given the presidential treatment. I must commend them for the cleanliness and comfort of the rooms and the morning after brunch was super! They also have a bar/restaurant that rocks for all ages. Thank you Embassy Suites for making it magical.
Weary OU Traveler

Room Tip: Go with whatever they give you as it will be blessed with hospitality no matter where it is.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Atlanta Airport Marriott
Hilton Atlanta Airport
Hilton Atlanta Airport
#87 of 172 in Atlanta
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,572 reviews

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport? Share your experiences!