“Did not meet expectations of other Embassy Suites”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport
Ranked #72 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel due to a layover in Atlanta (avoid this airport at all cost---always delays!). I have to first say the staff was very nice and accommodating. The shuttle driver exuded Southern hospitality and the young lady at check-in had great customer service skills on a busy night dealing with many tired, layed-over, customers. And, the female bar attendant stayed open a little longer so that those in need of a night cap were satisfied. This was all great but the hotel is old, dark, and damp, but clean with large living space. It is in need of a serious makeover; although some of the room furnishings and carpet appeared to be new/re-upholstered. It doesn't compare at all to hotels other Embassy Suites we have stayed in (DC and NC). Probably a gem in its hey day but in need of updated, modern style and furnishings. The breakfast was okay by the way!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CSNRWhite

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Easy check in. Restful stay. Was there for a Family Reunion. Had a few issues getting into the room on various occasions with the room keys and entrance keys (side door wasn't suppose to lock until 11pm but was locked or not working around 6 pm, however, the issue may have been the reader devices themselves.) Enjoyed having two tv's, one for Mom and the Olymnpics and one for me, for anything else, but the Olympics. Ate at the restaurant there, out of three orders, one order wasn't good....person ordered fried green tomatoes, however, the tomatoes were soft and yellow, not good. Food from hotel staff for reunion was good, no complaints from me; however, instead of bringing food out immediately when trays/pans were empty, other patrons had to wait a little once food ran out. Breakfast area was full of people, almost like a mall atmosphere...we ate in a separate room and thankfully did not have to deal with the crowd. Overall, my Mother and I enjoyed our stay and I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I've been staying at Embassy Suites-airport for 3 years now. I make it a point to stay at this location because of my pleasurable past experiences. Well this visit wasn't so pleasurable!! I first had to wait for a room. Check-in is at 3pm. I got there close to 4:30. I was told that they were short-handed && under-staffed. The manager(Terrance) did make it up by presenting me with a complimentary card of my choice of free services. Next, the room that we were sent to was still dirty & the maid was on the phone!! We were then appointed to another room in which a dirty sock & an empty diet coke bottle was left! Next, the food in the grille area is too overpriced! Everytime, I come there is never a big crowd. Reason is because people go somewhere else to eat. I mean really!! Also, I had an issue with my bill & I called the person that handles the accounts & she wasn't friendly at all. The tone of her voice didn't sit well with me at all.. I enjoy the Embassy & I'm not saying that I won't be back, but things need to be in order to the customers satisfaction!!!

2  Thank Kygirl120
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Two years ago my wife and I stayed at this hotel. We agreed that after that stay, we would not stay there again. Despite our past experience, we decided to try the hotel again. Our front experience was very good. We got to our room there was chewing gum in the bar sink, the shower curtain was torn, there was no spool for the toilet paper, and the room not very sound proof. It seemed we can hear every jet that landed and took off from the airport. So there wasn't much sleep last night for either one of us before our flight that morning. On top of all this, the room stunk. The fitness room was one of the worst I have seen at an Embassy Suites. The equipment was in bad condition, no wipes to wipe down the equipment, no filtered or purified drinking water. I'm a Hilton Honors Diamond VIP. We checked in five minutes after the Manager's reception had ended. I asked the front desk agent if we could get a voucher for a free drink since we just missed the reception. He said "No, we found that it is too expensive to give vouchers", I normally get two bottled waters in my room. We got one. From now on we will avoid staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ken E
Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

The room was very clean and open. The staff was very good,helpful, and nice. I liked how there was real plants in the inside it made the air smell very good and fresh. The food was tasty. I loved the fountains inside they good the hotel a good feeling. And it was very clean.

1  Thank Tiffminer
Reviewed July 25, 2012

The hotel staff was EXCELLENT!! Best service from all the different Hilton hotels we have stayed at (5 different ones this year). The room could have been less noisy and the pool was not clean but the friendliness of the staff made up for it. The hotel had a conventions & family reunions going on so breakfast and the managers reception were a total nightmare!! The rate was good, the shuttle went to the airport/MARTA station regularly so it made commuting to downtown easy.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2012

The rooms felt moist from the humidity. This was a $59 value room With a $159 price tag. Our cars were INFESTED with ants. The ants are still coming out of crevices after multiple vacuums and it has been 3 days. Very disappointed with this stay at this particular Embassy Suites Hotel as I have always had good experiences with the other ones I have stayed in.

1  Thank Sanna-anna1
TThomas04, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Dear Sanna-anna-1

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I’m am sorry to hear of the ants that entered your vehicle while parked at our hotel. The unseasonably hot and dry temperatures in Atlanta this summer has increased ant actively in just about everywhere you go. We extend our sincerest apologies to your for this experience. We can assure that your experience does not represent the norm for our hotel, and we will make every effort to ensure that the incident is not repeated.

Again, thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us.

Tameeka Ekpe
Director of Hotel Operations

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Courtyard Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road
The Westin Atlanta Airport
#93 of 172 in Atlanta
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport - South
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport? Share your experiences!