“Good food. Great staff. Great location.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport
Ranked #71 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My first time in Atlanta and one of the largest Airports. The Airport shuttle runs every 20 minutes arriving and leaving Hotel. The Hotel staff are the stars of this hotel. Friendly, helpful and always there to help.
The breakfast is plentiful and omelets made to order and included in price. The managers evening happy hour was a welcome surprise.

The rooms are large and the beds very comfortable but the floor in bathroom not very clean.

I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012

Reviewed April 9, 2012

This hotel worked out great for us. It was close to the airport and we were able to leave our car in Embassy Suites' parking lot rather than try to take it to one of the long term parking options. I believe the cost for this was $8/day which was cheaper than other lots. We took the courtesy shuttle to and from the airport which was timely. The beds were comfortable, the breakfast was great; eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, etc., served buffet style, and the service was terrific. The only downside was the room service which we normally would never order, but the kids were tired and we decided it would be fun to have the food brought in. The food arrived cold. We ate it, but were disappointed since of course it wasn't cheap.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Laura H
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Very friendly staff! Rooms clean, nice hot breakfast included. Very close to airport - about 5 minutes. Printer did not work for printing my boarding pass.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank AustinBizTraveler
David_GMAtlanta, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2012

Dear AustinBizTraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to post comments from your recent stay.

We are glad to see that you found the staff to be so friendly and the hotel in a very conveinet location ot the airport.

We all look forward to being of service to you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

Prepaid on Hotwire for my family to check in driving north from FL in the middle of the night. Check in staffer made us wait 15 minutes while she printed statements and then after walking a long way, going up 3 floors and walking again we got to our room. The key didn't work and then I realized the door opened without the key. When we went into the room the first thing we saw was lampshades not on lamps. The electrical panel was ripped out of the wall and dangling, and there were bed frames but no mattresses. ALSO NO PHONE TO CALL DOWN.

So then, we walk all the way back. They make us wait another 30 minutes to find us a room, and then I swear, it wasn't really made up. I am sure they just smoothed the dirty sheets. There were no pillows. She had to leave to get us some.

There were three staffers working during this time. NONE of them were apologetic. They were all just APATHETIC. It really didn't matter to them in the slightest how tired we were.

Also, the room was a SMOKING ROOM. It reeked. I had to wash every bit of clothing we took to the room because they smelled awful from just the few hours we were in the room.

ONE of the worst experiences ever. Ruined me on Embassy Suites for life.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
David_GMAtlanta, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

Dear LauraS,
Thank you for taking the time to complete this review of our hotel.
I am sorry that we were not able to handle your last minute reservation with our usual efficiency.

The service level that you received is not typical and is not representative of the service level we normally provide at the Embassy Suites Atlanta Airport. You have my sincere apology for any inconvenience that may have been caused. I regret the incident left you with an unfavorable impression of the Hotel and hope to have a future opportunity to regain your confidence and goodwill. I look forward to having you as a return guest, and am confident your next experience will be more in keeping with your expectations of Embassy Suites.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

Warning to travelers that like to stay connected. The internet access fee is $9.99 per day per device. So if you go there as a family of four and everyone has their laptop or ipad or ereader you are talking an extra $40 per day for something that is offered free at most businesses.

The hotel is a typical Embassy Suites. Big open rectangular area in the middle, glass elevators on 2 corners and rooms on all 4 sides. The room is a suite - 2 rooms, a sitting area with a couch and a TV and a bedroom with another TV. There is also a mini kitchen area with a sink and a small fridge. In addition to the suite the other attraction to staying there is the complimentary breakfast and the evening reception. Breakfast is well done with made to order omlettes and lots of healthy and unhealthy choices. The big attraction to the evening receiption is the free alcohol. The food isn't the best and at least during my stay was far from healthy - chicken nuggest and pita chips.

My major complaint with the hotel are their fees. As stated at the top of this review the internet access fee is ridiculous. I questioned the fee and was told that I could get online for free in their business center. They have one publically available PC for all guests to share. Also, there charge $10 per day to self-park. This fee is not necessary. It is not like the hotel is in the middle of the city where parking is a premium. It is out in the middle of open area near the airport.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel if you need internet access
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Nick_626

Dear Nick_626,
Thank you for taking the time to complete this review of our hotel.
I pleased to see that you enjoyed our complimentary cooked to order breakfast and evening managers reception.

The hotel does have complimentary wifi in our Atrium and lobby areas. Many guests chose to surf the web while enjoying our complimentary services at breakfast or in the evening. The hotel does charge for parking. This ensures that parking is reserved for guest only as open lots in an airport area attract locals who are looking to avoid parking fees at the airport itself.

We all look forward to being of service to you again in the future.

Sincerely

Reviewed March 23, 2012

I gave this hotel 5 stars after my first stay there, but I was quite disappointed with a couple of things this time. People above us stomped and talked loudly til quite late. We had to use earplugs to get some sleep.

The breakfast was good but service had slipped a lot. When I was there before, the hot bar attendant was cheerful and talkative. The attendent this trip was bordering on surly. Before, the table attendants kept the tables cleared of used dishes and were cheerful. This time, the dishes piled up and no one even spoke to us.

For the price we paid, even with a pre-purchase discount, the $10 charge for parking and for charging for wi-fi, I feel the value was missing.

Room Tip: Request the top floor so you have no noisy guests above you. However, it is very near the airport, s...
Reviewed March 20, 2012

We stayed here for one night. It's convenient to the airport and about 15 minutes to downtown Atlanta. Room was spacious and clean. Check-in was quick and the front desk staff was helpful in providing directions and travel time to downtown. Parking was $10 for self-park or $12 for valet. The parking lot surrounded the building, so self-parking was not an ordeal. We sometimes have noise issues from the atrium at Embassy Suites. Our room was 213 and we were at the far end from the dining area, so we didn't have any noise issues. Beds were comfortable. Kids went swimming, but said the indoor pool was cold. They didn't have any towels at the pool or in the fitness center. I requested some from the front desk and a few were swiftly brought to the pool, but they were the small towels from the fitness center and not large enough for the adults in the pool. The Manager's Reception in the evening was a little sparse compared to other Embassy Suites we've stayed at. It was just chips with several types of dips. And the staff member at the table just offered us fruit punch and didn't point out that we could get other types of drinks at the bar. Breakfast was plentiful in offerings, but all of the "hot" food (bacon, sausage, eggs, french toast) was cold. I also tried to buy a coke from the vending machine. I tried 2 different machines and both were sold out. I went to the little shop near the lobby and was charged over $2 for a 16 oz bottle. The machines were $1.50! Also, if you need cash, be aware that the ATM in the lobby has a $100 limit on withdrawals.

Dear glopeterson,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review of our hotel.

I pleased to see that my staff were helpful and check in was quick. I am glad that you found our 2 rooms suites to be spacious and comfortable.

I will be sure to follow up on your comments on the pool and breakfast.

We all look forward to being of service to you again in the future.

David Piscola

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Courtyard Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road
The Westin Atlanta Airport
#96 of 172 in Atlanta
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport - South
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport? Share your experiences!