“Good for one or two night stay”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport
Ranked #82 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Fairfax Station, VA
“Good for one or two night stay”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Stayed at this hotel during brief business conference.

This hotel is in need of serious updating. It is not up to the usual Embassy Suite Hotel standards. It tries to be all things to everyone, but lacks in quality.

Rooms are ok - typical rooms with living/dining area and atrium view. Have to keep curtains closed at all times. Water was warm not hot.

The best feature was the gentleman who made fresh omelets in the am in the ktichen.

Happy hour requires ID for all drinks and is in dingy dark area. Amenities are not very fresh and of low quality.

They have a bar and game area that is not upscale and not enticing for a meal. I recommend eating in the open area of the atrium. The staff in this dining facility were not as helpful when the dining area was full.

Shuttle services is free!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed February 13, 2012

The room was nice not luxurious but extremely clean, spacious and the bed was comfy. Hubby and I were just looking for somewhere romantic to stay and this place exceeded our expectations. The atrium is beautiful and the staff was excellent. This place is definitely worth the money when you consider the happy hour free drinks and snacks, and the free breakfast. Definitely will be staying again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Boiling Springs, South Carolina
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I've stayed at several other Embassy Suites around the US and was very disappointed with this one. We were there for a 3 day business conference. We were late the first morning because the alarm clock didn't work. I always set my cell phone for back up but I had it plugged into a non-working outlet so it went dead during the night. We had several non-working outlets. Our visit to Atlanta was in January so it was fairly cold outside. We literally froze every night because the heat didn't work properly. I think it had to be the thermostat because if you set it on 72, the room temp would only get to about 66. I've read reviews were people talk about the extremely hot water and I agree the water is pretty hot. The only problem was that it only lasted for 1 shower. So only 1 of the 3 of us got a decent shower each morning. I think that about concludes the problems with the room. We also had problems with the billing. If you've ever shared a room with others on a business trip you know that normally they split the bill between the guests. Well they did that for us but 2 of us got billed twice which caused severe problems with our business checking accounts. After returning home I called the Hilton Customer Service line to complain. They told me to give the hotel 3 business days to get in contact with me to "make it right". On day #3 I received and email from the hotel manager apologizing for the billing issues but she made no mention of the major issues with the room itself. The only nice thing about the stay was the friendliness of the front desk staff. If it wasn't for them I would have given it a Poor rating.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel if you want a good room....lol
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
TThomas04, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport, responded to this review, February 9, 2012
Hi Stacey W,

Thank you so much for your feedback, I shared your kind words about the front desk to the entire team at our morning Team Huddle. They so much appreciated you taking the time to recognize them. Please accept my apology for the experience once you entered you guest suite and with billing. It appears as if we really let you down on this stay and I will continue to apologize to you each chance I get. I hope that your impression of this great hotel will change so that we can prove to you that this is a wonderful team and the best hotel in the Atlanta Airport area. This is not the typical experience of our guests and I wanted to personally follow up with you with this note of apology.

I hope that the next time your travel brings you to Atlanta you will find your way to our great hotel. We really are the friendliest hotel in Atlanta and I’m sure we will severe you better next time.

Tameeka Thomas-Ekpe
Director of Hotel Operations
St. Thomas
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Room was used & abused, no info about anything, no balcony as promised, awful smell... 1 minute inside and we were out, simply awful. Shuttle driver and front desk were friendly enough but this place rates more like a $50/night room over the $159/night they were charging. Go to the Double Tree for a cheaper, better experience or the Renaissance Concordia for a more luxurious bang for your buck!

• Stayed January 2012
TThomas04, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
Dear St. Thomas,

Thank you so much for your feedback, I shared your kind words about the staff to the front desk and shuttle drivers. They so much appreciated you taking the time to recognize them. Please accept my apology for the experience once you entered you guest suite. This is not the typical experience of our guests and I wanted to personally follow up with you with this note of apology.

Tameeka Thomas-Ekpe
Director of Hotel Operations
Greenville, SC
Reviewed January 22, 2012

We stayed at Embassy Suites - Airport for one night on January 14, 2012. The hotel staff, from the front desk to valet were excellent. The room was nicely decorated and the beds were comfortable. My only issue is that the fold out mattress had a stain on the bottom of it. Also, we had four people booked in the room but they did not have enough towels & washcloths to accomodate us. We asked for extras at 9 p.m. but they did not arrive until 10:45 p.m. and we were already in the bed sleeping. The evening managers reception and the morning breakfast were both wonderful. The complimentary shuttle service saved us money by not having to pay for parking at the airport. We had the Park n' Jet promotion which allowed us to pay for our first night there and leave our car parked at the hotel for seven nights at no additional charge. Although the airport was about 1 mile away from the airport, the hotel was sound and we never heard any airplanes flying overhead and we were on the 5th floor. Overal a great experience. I can't rate it excellent because of the stain on the mattress and the towel situation. Other than that it was a great place for four women to stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Maryland
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I was moved to this motel by the Hilton Downtown, as they over booked last week. I only stayed one night, but wish my entire stay had been here. LaToya at the front desk was so friednly, made me feel at home. My room was super clean and had everything I needed and more. I was on the fourth floor and had a wonderful view from my door to the inside of this lovely place. I walked downstairs to get a soda and stopped an employee and asked where I could purchase one. He asked me to wait where I was and he came back with two cans of soda at no charge to me. The shuttle bus was clean and the driver was friendly and helped me navigate the Marta. The restuarant was nice. Food was acceptable, the wait staff was slow, but they were busy. Only one server and one bartender...too few when there is a gift show in town and your hotel is booked. I will return to this hotel when I am in Atlanta again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Standard Embassy Suites, with all the makings of an enjoyable stay. Good breakfast spread too.

We were in room 252, and it was hard to sleep on the sofa bed. The room is right above the dining area, and therefore plenty of noise comes in through the room door. If you are going to be on the 2nd floor of the hotel, I would suggest rooms 203-230. These rooms are away from the dining area.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms 235-253: these are right by the dining area, and you cannot stop kids from shouting whil...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank apsinpdx
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Atlanta Airport Marriott
Atlanta Airport Marriott
#4 of 26 in College Park
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North
Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport
Courtyard Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport? Share your experiences!