“Saved Our Trip”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport
Ranked #71 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed September 5, 2011

We were stuck in Atlanta due to flight cancellations and this was a great find. Staff was great.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank KenDBoston
Write a ReviewReviews (1,335)

Reviewed September 2, 2011

We (my spouse and I) stayed here when I had business near the Atlanta airport. It is indeed very convenient to the airport, including shuttle service every 20 minutes.

The highlights -
Wonderful atrium area that provides a feel of a five star kind of place. Terrific light, real foliage, and an open air feel. The plants were well cared for and a wonderful addition.
Happy Hour - Free cocktails from 5:30-7:30 were fun.. the first night. It's just a little dangerous if you have to be coherent, but at least one of the reasons I selected this hotel.
Friendly staff- we found everyone, without fail, to be very friendly, if not trained as one might expect. More in the "cons" section on this. Great hiring iffy training.
Room amenities - We liked the space, furniture quality, extra's, tv choices, wifi, bed and bedding, lighting. All very good.
Indoor and Outdoor pools/Jacuzzi - well kept areas with plenty of towels. The jacuzzi was cooler than the man pool was the only objection.
Gift Shop- Reasonable prices! What a pleasure to get out with a box of crackers and a coke for less than 6 bucks. $3.14.
Cons - Charging for parking (when the majority of your competition does not)
Appearance (not friendliness) of the bell staff - These guys worked very hard, but dressed a little too "street" for my taste. Low-hanging pants, shirt tails in the breeze... not the sort of person I like leaving my laptop with. They were terrific young men, but just need some guidance on appearance.
Airport noise - I would have to call the noise "well-controlled", in that they have obviously spent some money and effort on controlling it. The reality is that if the wind is out of the west, it's going to be noisy here, because you get the takeoff noise instead of the more subdued landing noise.
Housekeeping - When we arrived in our room, it took a few moments to realize the bed wasn't made, towels on the floor, etc. We didn't feel like moving, so we just went to the free booze until they cleaned it. A frazzled manager came around, clearly embarrassed at the oversight, and had it cleaned right away. Upon arrival back in the room, it was clean, except for "old" water in the ice bucket, clearly overlooked. The next day cocktail glasses were overlooked. Again training will fix this.
Manager's reception policies - There was an ambiguous policy that we never quite figured out. You had to go the bar to have your ID checked when you first arrived. Then, additional drinks could only be served if you return to the bar, or order menu food. Keep in mind there is "finger food" included. This was not a tipping issue (the staff had figured out we were big tippers), but a play to make you order menu food instead of the limited free food. Pretty obnoxious if you ask me. Let folks relax. I get spendy when I relax.
Shuttle service - The hotel promises free shuttle service within 5 miles of the hotel at no charge. This included my business location, and Delta Airlines offices as well. I used it each morning. Even tho I scheduled in advance, the trip took 25 minutes the first day, and nearly 30 the next (for a 5 minute trip). The second one included a trip BACK to the hotel after picking up employees at the airport. Drivers were pleasant, bus was clean, but don't count on a schedule if you are not airport bound.

Room Tip: All rooms will be affected by airport noise. Pick a lower floor to minimize it. Noise is minimal a...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank zjxtinpusher
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We arrived late that night and was told that there were no rooms available. We confirmed by phone earlier that same day and gave the person our approximate arrival time. Management paid for our room at another hotel, but it somehow didn't make up for it. To get our free breakfast the next morning we had to come back to the Embassy. The other hotel didn't allow free late checkouts, so we were force to pack up before attending a funeral and return later that day to check in at the Embassy. The hotel room was in poor condition, the wallpaper needed repair and the room needed a thorough cleaning.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2011

I wish that I had read the reviews. People have been complaining about the cleanliness, the food, the area and the scalding hot water for years. The shower water temperature is horribly hot. I complained and they said that they had been working on it. Yeah, for several years. The staff is nice. That is all that is good about this place. As a business hotel, this is one of the worst that I have ever stayed at.

Room Tip: Don't accept a room at the front of the hotel. They are all noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Mal H
Reviewed August 14, 2011

PROS:

Close to the airport
Breakfast buffet (not really healthy though)

CONS:
The hotel is not in the best part of town.
Dirty bathroom
Room is dated and needs a serious upgrade (not just a flat screen tv)
Cold water did not work when we stayed, hot water was scalding hot

Overall:
I used to like Embassy suites but it seems like they are not maintaining their properties.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank DBOConsulting
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights on a business trip. Hotel is very close to the airport and you can hear the planes. It didn't bother me, but my friend said she noticed it. Used the fitness center, very well equipped, it has an indoor & outdoor pool area which I didn't use. There is a bar and restaurant and you get a free breakfast with your stay.

The only negative, there aren't any restaurants close by.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 25, 2011

If you have to stay at an Atlanta Airport Hotel this Embassy Suites is fine. The staff is friendly, their shuttles leave when they are suppose to, and it is only a five minute drive from the hotel to the Airport terminals. Toss in the free cocktails at night and breakfast in the morning, and it is a good value.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank DuaneSandul
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
The Westin Atlanta Airport
Crowne Plaza Atlanta Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport? Share your experiences!