“Very courteous staff” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #55 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Philadelphia, PA
“Very courteous staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

The staff at this hotel was marvelous. Very friendly and they could not do enough for me. The hotel is on the contemporary side. The room was very clean adequate in amenities and spaciousness - nothing over the top. The location was excellent for my purposes. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Travels101
Cathy M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for your kind words, Travels101. We welcome you back next time you're in town!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

I purchased a travelzoo coupon for the Hyatt Hotel Midtown Atlanta when I tried to use it all rooms were booked so the coupon expired . The hotel is required to at a minimum give me credit on my room for the coupon amount. First I was told I could cancel the reservation up untill 4pm the date of arrival since I made my reservation so late , NOT TRUE!! I got charged full amount for the room 172 dollars and now they wont credit the travelzoo coupon amount . So people stay away from travelzoo and if Hyatt tells you something on the phone make sure tehy follow up with an email or that you record the conversation. THANKS HYATT AND TRAVELZOO, if i had 172 to throw away I wouldnt be using coupons

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Rita N
Alyse S, Manager at Hyatt Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Ms. Rita N,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a TripAdvisor review for all of us here at the Hyatt Atlanta Midtown Hotel. We are sorry to hear that you didn't have an extraordinary stay with us during your visit to Atlanta. I would like to discuss this further with you so we can get all the information and make sure that we, as an organization, learn from this experience. My email is yuki.yahata@hyatt.com
Cincinnati
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is clean, well maintained and staff is super friendly. There is a full service bar and restaurant if you don't feel like venturing out. You'll pay for parking which isn't unusual in a downtown/midtown location. What I do find so unusual in this day and age is that there is no free Wi-Fi in the rooms! Yes, I am a lowly Gold Member, but I haven't stayed in ANY hotel over the last 5 years where I haven't had free Wi-Fi. This hotel should consider it. Wi-Fi basic is $9.99 a day...

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Cincybearcatfan
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

Good Afternoon, Me and my Husband chosen Hyatt Atlanta Midtown for our wedding night and were highly disappointed and upset. When we walked into the lobby, I was still wearing my wedding dress and had to wait for 15 minutes for a front desk assistant to speak to us, she was nowhere to be seen. The minute she saw us (the name of the representative is Yolanda Young), she rudely announced that there were no more reservations and there was no way we had a reservation as everybody who did, has already checked in. Luckily, we had a phone on us (keeping in mind that it was on our wedding day), we were able to pull up an email with a confirmation. When we were able to present an evidence of the reservation, she admitted that the hotel overbooked. There was no apology, the representative of the hotel was extremely rude the entire time. She started filling out some paperwork without any explanation, the whole time me and my husband were standing looking at her with other guests in the lobby staring at us all dressed up. Then she followed: (quote): "you now have to go across the street and stay over there, we have no rooms available for you". Again, no apology, with a tone of voice as if it was my fault that the hotel was overbooked. Ms. Young has also mentioned that it was Orbitz and Hyatt miscommunication and the overbooking happened because of that. I still do not understand how is it our fault that we could not get a room we paid for, and the card has been charged at least 2 days in advance. Prior to that experience, I had a great opinion about Hyatt hotel, however, I do not understand how the hotel with such reputation can have such an extremely rude personnel, who can so easily ruin romantic wedding night. We ended up having to go back to the car, driving to Lowes hotel, where we were lucky to have a driver on our own, otherwise, I am not really sure how we were suppose to get to the hotel. The overbooking might have been an inconvenience for any other night, however, Hyatt was able to ruin the biggest night of my life.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Anna I
Cathy M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Anna1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay. I want to apologize that your experience was less than exceptional on this very important night. I can assure you that guest experience is one of our top priorities and highly practiced and it appears that we let you down. I have shared your experience with our team. Please feel free to contact me as well at cathy.mihalko@hyatt.com. Wish you and your husband much happiness!!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

I had an extremely pleasant stay last week at this newly developed Hyatt in Midtown Atlanta. I did take the time to read some of the other post on this site and some of it is expected, as this hotel is still fairly new and training (as one put in his comment) is an on-going process and should be understandable. I’ve stayed at dozens of Hyatt properties (new and old) all over the country and this is in my top three!! I had that home away from home feeling the moment I got of my car to the moment I walked in and was greeted by the front desk as well as the door man. The room was fantastic, honestly large and open, bathroom was great with all the amenities that you would need. They had a fully stock bar with great service as well as a lounge and eating area. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable about the area and what it has to offer, which is good for people who are not from the area. Shops, restaurant and bars are within minutes from the hotel. Overall, very impressed with this property and look forward to staying here in the future. I would recommend this to anyone staying in the Midtown area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank jpuckett2315
Allen, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

We had the opportunity to stay at the Hyatt in Midtown Atlanta this week. What a pleasure! The hotel is relatively new and fresh. The rooms are nice-sized and well thought out in that they provide convenient lighting (motion detection lighting near the floor around the bed). The bedding is superior. There are plenty of power outlets and the WiFi/Internet connections are great.

The location is also A+ - there are a number of small shops and dining/drinking establishments within easy walking distance.

My only complaint was around room service. Just after 6AM, I called room service for breakfast and there was no answer. The hotel operator picked the call up after several rings and re-directed the call back to the Room Service Operator. Again no answer. The hotel operator picked up the call again and this time took my order. Breakfast arrived approximately 30 minutes later but my orange juice was missing (yes, the receipt showed OJ). After I prompted, the server said he would bring it up immediately. Immediately turned out to be 15 minutes later. As it always the case, the meal actually priced out to be around $16 but by the time taxes, service charges and automatic gratuity were added, the bill totaled more than $32. Too bad the server only received about $1.60.

About the only thing, I'd suggest for this hotel is to provide morning coffee in the lobby or a coffee shop where you pickup a cuppa to go.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room - double the view and light.