“Could have been a 4.5” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Atlanta Midtown

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hyatt Atlanta Midtown
Ranked #55 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Palmetto, Florida
“Could have been a 4.5”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

The room is beautiful and comfortable. The staff was very nice at checking last night. But $10 per day for wifi really?! even Mc Donald's has free wifi and I spend way more per visit with Hyatt than at Mc Ds. Also TP needs an upgrade what is in room is only slightly better than sandpaper.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank CaptDana
Alyse S, Manager at Hyatt Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Kiawah Island, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

As a Hyatt loyalist, I was excited to find this new Hyatt property located in Midtown Atlanta. The location seemed perfect, but that was about the only "positive" about the experience. I paid over $1,000 for four nights here in December. My first experience with the hotel was arriving at the front entrance portico and being greeted by a valet who took the luggage from my car and then asked if I could take the luggage up to the room myself. Even though there were two of us traveling and we had quite a bit of luggage, I didn't mind the request since it appeared he was the only person on duty to park cars and take luggage to the rooms. What really shocked me though was when he asked me to make sure that I brought the luggage cart back to the lobby. Check-in was quick, I was recognized as a Hyatt Gold Passport member and off I went pulling my luggage cart to my king corner room. The king corner room costs more money and is supposed to provide you with a better view. Don't waste your money. The extra windows only suffice to allow more street noise from the adjacent fire station where fire trucks and ambulances leave with sirens blaring and horns wailing all day and night, at least 4 or 5 times a night. The hotel decor itself is very stark and modern, and the room lacks additional comforts like accent pillows, attractive duvet throws, and there are no curtains - only roll down black out shades and roll down translucent shades. The real plus about the room was the spacious walk-in shower and the fact that the room was impeccibly clean and spotless to a fault. The bed was a little soft to our liking and was in fact a bit uncomfortable. It was also very difficult to control the thermostat in the room. It was impossible to turn the air conditioning down past a certain level or the heat up past a certain level so the room never was comfortable. All in all, I believe the room could be more comfortable with some added decor and improved climate control. Checking out was a fairly easy process as I was able to do this via the television in the room. Retrieving the car from the valet again proved problematic because there weren't enough staff members on duty at any time when I tried to retrieve my car. Typically there was one valet who was on hand and he was trying to park lines of cars for guests checking in, retrieve cars for those leaving and also take luggage up to rooms for newly arriving guests. It's obvious that the hotel needs a dedicated bell staff to help with luggage and not to rely on one valet to park cars and help guests. Two valets need to be on staff at all times with at least two additional bell staff. The revolving front door was broken during our entire stay which also created more of a traffic jam at the entrance with cars loading and unloading. All in all, even though my loyalty is with Hyatt, given what I paid for this visit I certainly expected much more. Even an offer to comp a portion of the stay with Gold Passport points would have made it a little more palitable. I will not stay at Hyatt Atlanta Midtown again and I will likely stay across the street at the Loews. I hope they can work out some of these finer points because the location really is a good one, but it's very much overpriced for the service you receive.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the front corner of 10th Street & Juniper unless you want to hear fire trucks and...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank mas11068

Montgomery, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for the weekend with my family of four. Let me start by saying that this property could easily have reached excellent, but haven't quite reached their full Hyatt potential.

This is a fully and very recently renovated property. The overall feel and look of the Hyatt Midtown is awesome. There are a number of shortcomings that need to be addressed.

Check in was seamless. The staff was very welcoming and professional. Promptly recognized and acknowledged Hyatt loyalty. Valet parked the car. This is the first problem. Have travelled quite a bit and in big cities. The cost of Valet per day is $25 for covered parking. $25 is quite steep. Problem is that the Hyatt valet is on the roof (9th floor) of the deck. Not at all covered. I only know this because from our room, we had a view of the top of the deck and could see our car from the window. I guess, however, that this allowed us to keep an eye on the car.

The rooms were immaculate, beautifully appointed and overall very nice and updated. The beds were very comfortable. There were some issues, however. The thermostat wouldn't allow us to control the temperature. The bathroom was roomy. The provided toiletries were quite nice. The bathtub wouldn't drain. So, after a long, hot shower, you could have a nice soak in the almost filled Tub afterward. The television signal went in and out frequently. Too many problems for essentially a brand new hotel. The biggest issue I have is that, as most do, there is a charge for Wifi!!! In 2014, charging for wifi is like charging for running water!! Abhorrent!!

Then, there is the restaurant!! Had a bed and breakfast rate. Can't go wrong with breakfast, especially at the Hyatt, right? WRONG!!! How can you screw up breakfast?? We'll. you can serve warm "fresh fruit". You can serve poached eggs on Benedict that have the consistency of hard boiled. You can serve grits that won't pour out of the bowl when turned upside down. You can serve a hard mass of scrambled eggs. You can serve a glop of a mass of a bowl of oatmeal. And on and on!! The manager asked how my meal was and I had no problem explaining. She was very apologetic and sent some more "fresh fruit". Problem was, the replacement was worse than the original with a half rotten raspberry on top. They ended up reducing my rate to the regular, but at a Hyatt there are no excuses for so so breakfast. It's breakfast for crying out loud. I've had better at the Hampton for goodness sakes.and for what it is, Hampton inn free breakfast is OK.

The last complaint is that there is NO ATM on property. When I asked, Iw as told the nearest one is a block away. Inexcusable to not have an ATM in a Hyatt.

Nonetheless, although I probably won't stay here again as there are many other choices in the downtown and midtown Atlanta areas, I would have liked to say I would. The rooms, physical appearance, and most staff give this place an excellent. The remainder, a below average. This Hyatt DID NOT "exceed my expectations".

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Bill R
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel 3 nights. The room was cold and never warmed up, despite complaints. I realize that it was cold outside, but the heating system only goes on when there is movement in the room so each time I returned to the room after a day of work, the room was freezing. Over a three day period, my room was never cleaned except for making the bed. Housekeeping never refreshed the in-room coffee or or toiletries, and the bathroom was not cleaned. Room service delivered two different meals with the wrong food. The hotel staff was friendly and courteous but seemed overwhelmed and understaffed.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Col12987

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

This former Wyndham has been beautifully updated with a contemporary style highlighting wood and stone-work throughout. Our large room provided great sleeping and relaxation.

The front desk and lobby staff were all friendly and helpful during the New Years Eve madness.

I highly recommend this new hotel for clean, upscale, contemporary business or couples travel.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Incredibly modern, well thought out hotel with great amenities. Lovely sized rooms, good fitness center and a sociable bar area.

In comparison to the downtown Hyatt this is positively tranquil with far less hustle and bustle of trade shows and conferences.

A few teething problems with the food, ( i guess to be expected with a brand new hotel) we had sausages with the breakfast and and sadly they hadn't been cooked and were cold inside, staff were helpful and they tried again but still the sausages were again not cooked.

The restaurant is my only issue as menu isn't up to much either but I will definitely stay again. Thanks to the quality of the rooms, fantastic service and competitive price.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Lithonia, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Though I stay in Atl, from time to time, my hubby and I will get a Hotel in the city, to take a break from the normal . We really enjoyed our stay at the Hyatt.

It is not a new hotel ( structure wise) however, the renovations are great!! Very modern with great views of the city. We will stay here again, anytime!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple