“Bad service” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #55 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Denver, Colorado
“Bad service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel 3 nights. The room was cold and never warmed up, despite complaints. I realize that it was cold outside, but the heating system only goes on when there is movement in the room so each time I returned to the room after a day of work, the room was freezing. Over a three day period, my room was never cleaned except for making the bed. Housekeeping never refreshed the in-room coffee or or toiletries, and the bathroom was not cleaned. Room service delivered two different meals with the wrong food. The hotel staff was friendly and courteous but seemed overwhelmed and understaffed.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Col12987
Alyse S, Manager at Hyatt Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

This former Wyndham has been beautifully updated with a contemporary style highlighting wood and stone-work throughout. Our large room provided great sleeping and relaxation.

The front desk and lobby staff were all friendly and helpful during the New Years Eve madness.

I highly recommend this new hotel for clean, upscale, contemporary business or couples travel.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Incredibly modern, well thought out hotel with great amenities. Lovely sized rooms, good fitness center and a sociable bar area.

In comparison to the downtown Hyatt this is positively tranquil with far less hustle and bustle of trade shows and conferences.

A few teething problems with the food, ( i guess to be expected with a brand new hotel) we had sausages with the breakfast and and sadly they hadn't been cooked and were cold inside, staff were helpful and they tried again but still the sausages were again not cooked.

The restaurant is my only issue as menu isn't up to much either but I will definitely stay again. Thanks to the quality of the rooms, fantastic service and competitive price.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Lithonia, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Though I stay in Atl, from time to time, my hubby and I will get a Hotel in the city, to take a break from the normal . We really enjoyed our stay at the Hyatt.

It is not a new hotel ( structure wise) however, the renovations are great!! Very modern with great views of the city. We will stay here again, anytime!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

The new Hyatt was quite affordable. I would say affordability is one of its top qualities. Other great qualities are the pool, the fitness center, and the location. In terms of other aspects of the property, the dining area was nicely designed but the service (while friendly and professional) was slow. (The chorizo omelet and the sweet potato waffle were great.) Similarly, it seems like there may need to be additional staff for the valet area. The one gentleman that helped us seemed so busy; it seemed like it was just him running back and forth. (We appreciated his service.)

The room was spacious, and the 10th street view was pleasant. The blackout curtains were wonderful for sleeping late. The decor was a little dark for my taste. The bathroom was very well lit, which is huge because Hyatts in the past have seemed quite dark to me.The only thing that I would say that wasn't so great was the bathroom tub. It seemed a little dirty (like it wasn't thoroughly cleaned), and it was very clogged.

Overall, it was a good stay, and we would likely stay again.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank HotelGeographer
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

The staff were amazingly helpful and friendly. The restaurant was cozy and the food was much better than what I would expect from a hotel place. Prices were not too high. Georgia Mule cocktail was delicious. Rooms were fine, not noteworthy. Great bargain place for our stay to see the city. We were able to walk a couple of blocks to take the metro downtown and we also walked back to the hotel one time.

• Stayed December 2013
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank SP1315
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

If you have any reason to visit and stay in Atlanta, please consider this particular Hyatt (there's one downtown as well). I recently stayed there for business because I needed to be close to Turner Studios for a few days.

This hotel is brand new which means, fast elevators, super clean rooms, excellent room service, lovely and attentive staff. The Pritzkers should be proud.

The "Two-'fer I mention in the title is due to the fact that this hotel is right next door to one of the most excellent restaurants in Atlanta,...Empire State South. I'm going to write a separate review on that place in a moment. These two places were made for each other. I'm not kidding. Empire is a place for "Foodies".

All in all, if I come back to Atlanta, no matter where my business is, I will most likely justify whatever mileage and time it takes to get back and forth and stay at the Hyatt. Great rooms, reasonably priced.

Room Tip: See if you can get an upgrade to a suite especially if you're part of the Hyatt club.