“Inspired Italian.”
Review of Valenza

Valenza
Reserve with OpenTable
Valenza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #171 of 3,947 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Appalachee
Transit: Brookhaven MARTA
Description: Valenza is a cozy, upscale Italian eatery in Brookhaven. It takes its name from a small village in the Piedmonte region of Northern Italy. Valenza is well known throughout the world for its artisan jewelry manufacturing which has earned it the nickname “city of gold”. The cuisine at VALENZA is inspired by the diverse culture of Northern Italy. Executive Chef Matt Swickerath’s focus is on classic and modern cooking methods using fresh seasonal and local ingredients to create a classic Italian menu with an updated culinary touch. The menu features a variety of antipasti, pasta, risotto and Italian entrees. Valenza has the heart and spirit of a cozy and warm Italian village café in an upscale setting. The dining room features venetian plastered walls with rustic oak and pine woods. Experience the warmth and elegance of Valenza when dining under the antique European candle chandeliers. Valenza offers a wonderful private dining room with seating for 30 guests.
Atlanta
“Inspired Italian.”
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Tremendous!! Had a birthday dinner with 7 people. Service was impeccable all night. My wife and sister in law wanted to share each others dinners so the waitress had the kitchen out half on each plate. Everyone loved their food. I had the agnolotti which is a short rib meat in a ravioli. Others had the gnocchi, pappardelle, butternut squash ravioli and a fish special. All great meals. For dessert, the white chocolate bread pudding was incredible.
We will go back even though its a 30 minute drive.
I will recommend this to everyone.

• Visited May 2013

“simply delicious”
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

This place is a neighborhood gem. The homemade pasta is absolutely delicious. One of the best restaurants in Brookhaven.

• Visited April 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Food was excellent, service a disaster”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My review mirrors many of the so-so reviews already given to Valenza. This upscale, neighborhood-feeling restaurant has the potential to be a real gem in this newly redeveloped part of Brookhaven. Unfortunately, the entire restaurant has an air of unsophisticated execution from management. First, our table of seven was squeezed around a table for four. It was bad enough that the bus staff coud not even figure out how to set the table for wine because of lack of free space. Second, our waiter was unapologetically absent for much of the night which first manifested in it taking forty-five minutes after we sat down before our drink order was taken. It appeared that our waiter had been assigned tables at all ends of the restaurant and the front end management seemed to have little interest or ability to provide support for this over streteched waiter. His absenteeism was only worsened by an attitude that felt somewhere between short and rude. Third, the wine list is still far too expensive and littered with $40-50 wines that are decent but should be at least above average at that price.

In fairness to Valenza, the food we did have was excellent. I particularly found the pasta sauces to be well balanced, the octopus to be sweet and tangy, and the brick seared chicken thighs to be a tasty new experience for me. Because of our absentee waiter, I felt uncomfortable ordering from the limited entree selection and ended up getting a couple of appetizers. The portions were nice looking for something a bit lighter that typical Italian fare.

Visited May 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Hands down, my favorite restaurant in Atlanta!”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I'm in love with Valenza.

The menu doesn't budge much, but it doesn't need to. Everything tastes amazing here. I adore the spaghetti and meatballs so much (and its always enough to take home), but I'm truly a sucker for all the pastas. They're so delicious. I also love the main entrees, especially the chicken under a brick and the mascarpone polenta with rabbit. Amaze. Every seafood special I have had is also delicious as can be. The new Spotted Trotter appetizer is always a delight - honestly, the best salami I've ever had!

This year, I decided to spend my Sunday birthday having Sunday Supper at Valenza. What a treat! Previous birthdays and anniversaries have schooled me in Valenza's exquisite celebrations and this lived up to the hype!

We were a group of 8 and seated on the left of the restaurant, on the elevated table, which made things special. The menu was perfect. I loved my salad, and, as always, loveloveLOVED the spaghetti and meatballs. So delicious! The passed sides were equally as amazing. I find myself thinking about that marscapone risotto more than I'd care to admit...

Because I'm not a sweets eater, I was generously comped my favorite cappucino notte, which is an awesome coffee with frangelico and bailey's. Perfection end to a perfect meal.

As if the Sunday Supper deal isn't enough, Valenza offers half price bottles on Mondays (a steal!) and an awesome $15 lasagna and salad combo on Wednesdays. I've lucked out and gotten their awesome lasagna with the papparadelle toppings a couple times. Yay!

We sometimes come for late night drinks as the bartenders are among the friendliest in town and they truly make the best kir royale!

I love sitting outside here on a lovely date with hubby, or with a group of friends, just enjoying beautiful food in a beautiful space. It truly is the best!

• Visited April 2013
Atl Ga
“Over the top”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The first time visit and was very impressed with food and service. Has just the "feel" of a nice sit down and enjoy place. On the level with the Buckhead eateries but not the hassle.

• Visited March 2013