“Celebrating an engagement”

Ranked #75 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Knoxville
“Celebrating an engagement”
Reviewed January 10, 2011

Stayed there overnight on New Years Day to celebrate the engagement of my daughter We came from Knoxville & they came from Augusta. Have stayed at the Embassy Suites & the Westin in Buckhead before. We are HIlton Honors Diamond members. We did get free internet & breakfast for our Diamond status but they don't have Executive floors or suites. Booked two rooms. One was a deluxe which on the internet said it would have a microwave & refrigerator. Didn't get one. Asked & was under the impression they didn't have any rooms there that has a refrigerator & microwave so I don't know why you would be offered one. Also the deluxe has a couch where as a regular room has a chair. I would think the deluxe room would be a bit bigger but instead it just has a couch that makes the room look smaller. Why would you pay more for a room with a couch if it's not roomier. Just more cramped. The breakfast was average. Something you would expect to see at a cheaper hotel not the Doubletree.
I think in any other area of the city this hotel would not be disappointing but it is in Buckhead. You don't do average in Buckhead. The Embassy Suites is nicer & we have gotten rooms there cheaper. We have even stayed at the Westin for less than what we stayed at the Doubletree. It was disappointing since we were there to celebrate a special occasion.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank JellyRolling

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed January 7, 2011

Very clean, very comfortable beds, good size room and great breakfast and friendly staff.

Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MarciaZ3
Tifton, Georgia
Reviewed January 7, 2011

I traveled to the Doubletree Hotel in Buckhead for an Awards Banquet that was being held off property. When we arrived at Doubletree, the Valet's were very prompt and took care of everything. They were kind and courteous. I did not have to check in since that was taken care of by my Directors; however, we did receive a delicious warm cookie at check in. :)

I had a room on the first floor. The rooms were spacious & inviting. The bathroom was large enough to be comfortable unlike most hotel bathrooms. The water pressure was decent. They provided a nice name brand soap/shampoo which is a nice change. The most wonderful part of the room - THE BEDS! They were the most comfortable bed & pillows I have ever slept on in my life. I wish I could have taken them with me.

I enjoyed the clock radio which was easy to figure out. The room has an ironing board and iron stored in the wardrobe. If you're a coffee drinker, there is complimentary coffee in the room; however, the water will cost you $3.25 per bottle.

This is a GREEN hotel! They promote recycling by providing trash bins with dividers for recyclables and non-recyclables.

The breakfast buffet is top notch! I highly recommend it.

The hotel seemed to be in a great location. We had lunch at Maggiano's Little Italy - SUPERB! We had dinner at Atlanta Fish Market - WONDERFUL. The hotel does have a shuttle that will take you if you prefer. Buckhead Station Shopping Center is within walking distance.

Again, I highly recommend this hotel. If for nothing else but the BEDS!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Josjentydyga3
Greenville, SC
Reviewed December 8, 2010

We were greeted kindly by the valet. We entered and DEXTER was so welcoming, he seemed to know us!!!! He offered us warm cookies right away, had our room ready, and provided the refrigerator we previously requested immediately. He was always one step ahead. He even gave us a shopping gift card!!!!! Every time we passed the desk, I had to see if Dexter was there because he was so friendly, warm, and accommodating.
We loved the hotel. It was in a WONDERFUL location and what we couldn't walk to, we took the shuttle. The lobby was very nice and the rooms were good too. We were treated as though we were the only people there, any time we requested something. The fitness center at the hotel was excellent with new Precor cardio (bike, treadmills, ellipticals) and also medicine balls, dumbbells, water, mats, and towels.
Upon our sad departure, Dexter gave us a gift back with more cookies! We can't wait to go back to the Doubletree to visit and I've already told all my friends about it.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Georgia
Reviewed November 22, 2010

Pros: Hotel is in a great location, and the front desk clerk Dexter was great! Cookies are delicious and complimentary bath products were nice. The room is a nice size, and the bed was comfy. Cons: Old fashioned television, if you rent a movie in your room there is no way to pause and come back to it, charge for internet, no complimentary breakfast option, parking is $20 self park or $25 valet, dimly lit bathroom makes putting make-up on a bit difficult. Overall, this was an okay stay for us, but there are better opritons

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2010

stayed here on business. the bathroom had a funny 'smell' the whole time. only 1 man to valet cars when 10 people were checking in at a time. the situation had not changed the following day when we were leaving. the hotel bar service was OK. nice room service though. small bathrooms. the rooms are outdated. but an average hotel for business i suppose..

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Washington DC
Reviewed October 23, 2010

(Really 3.5 out of 5.)

I stayed at the Doubletree Atlanta Buckhead over a weekend, in Friday, out Sunday. The rooms are pretty standard for a Doubletree property: comfortable, average size, and functional. The bathroom was, compared to most bathrooms I’ve been in, dimly lit but was otherwise fine. The common rooms were pleasant and flowed well. The hotel’s staff were all very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast in the Savannah Room was what one normally expects at a Doubletree but the staff were extra accommodating and made a point of offering cooked-to-order eggs, ommlets, and/or fresh waffles from the kitchen. While available at other Doubletrees, the guest isn’t always made aware of this. Making guests aware of this, even though it makes more work for the server, is a sign of a stand-out employee.

I paid sub-$100 for my room and felt like I’d gotten great value for my money; unless there’s a special event in town, anything north of $125 would have been too much to pay. I recommend this hotel if you need MARTA access, want to walk to shopping at Lenox Square or Phipps Plaza (about ¾ mile), have business in Buckhead, and as a good alternative to downtown or out-of-the-way suburban properties.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo