“Doubletree Buckhead”

Ranked #73 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
A TripAdvisor Member
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed March 10, 2006

I got this hotel on a name your own price on Priceline. I was really trying for a four star hotel in the area, but gave up and settled for a three-star. I know it doesn't have all the amenities of a four star but it if comfort and the staff could be given a four star, this hotel should earn it.

Check-in and out was effortless. It's within walking distance of all my favorite stores. The staff is exceptional and even though I was able to obtain a room here at a greatly disconnted rate (I was surprised as it was full at least 3 of the 5 nights I was there), my room and service was wonderful. The room was extremely comfortable and away from the vending machines. It was a non- smoking room.

The Doubletree has been redecorated with attractive furnishings, four pillows on each bed and a mattress that I wanted to take home. Absolutely, no problems. I was attending a conference in another hotel and they shuttled me over there and back with very little wait. The staff was wonderful, pleasant and did everything to make my visit comfortable. I have stayed in other hotels in the area, but I will definitely return to this one.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Write a ReviewReviews (1,192)

Reviewed March 10, 2006

This is my favorite hotel in Atlanta due to the location within walking distance of Lenox Square. There is also a MARTA station within a block or so. The rooms are always clean and the food in the restaurant is good although there are so many other choices in the area you probably will choose to eat elsewhere. The staff can be a little indifferent but that may just be the big city attitude coming out.

• Stayed: March 2006
5  Thank flaguy
Reviewed February 19, 2006

I recently stayed at the Doubletree in Buckhead and was not overwhelmed by my stay there.

Pros: location: it is close to the Marta station, and seemingly close to the shopping areas in Buckhead. the king sized bed is HUGE and they give you so many pillows that it's outstanding. Room decor is nice, bathroom was clean.

Cons: they charge $9.95 for Wi-Fi; there is no pool/hot tub/fitness center IN the hotel itself; room service ends at 11pm; there are no vending machines in the hotel (except for beverages); the information provided by the hotel about local attractions is minimal -- no maps or detailed explanation on how to get to the malls that are close by.

I did not rent a car but I think it would probably have been a good idea if you're going to be there on an extended stay. All in all, it was a clean hotel (which is huge in my opinion) but I felt the staff was a little less than attentive to detail. I checked in fairly late on a busy night and didn't get the cookies! The outrage!

• Stayed: February 2006
11  Thank da_jm
Reviewed November 10, 2005

I wanted to stay in the Buckhead area and at $169/night, this was the best price for a decent hotel.

The reception was pretty friendly and they do give you a delicious cookie.

The room was very clean which is one of the most important things to me. The bed was very comfortable.

My only complaint about the room would be the bathroom. The mirror was back quite a bit because the vanity was large, so it was pretty hard to put on makeup. I think all hotels should have makeup mirrors.

The location is pretty good. It is near a shopping mall and probably some decent restaurants.

Overall, it was a pretty good deal and I would likely stay there again, especially for the rate.

• Stayed: November 2005, traveled on business
7  Thank mcd63
Reviewed October 24, 2005

Stayed at the Doubletree on business. Mildly friendly staff, breakfast delivered on time with special requests granted (Tabasco), clean room, wireless internet worked great. Best part - 4 big fluffy pillows on each bed and a comfy fluffy bed. There were even 2 extra pillows in the closet. Slept like a baby.

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled on business
7  Thank micdenton
Reviewed September 23, 2005

I'm writing this review as I have been travelling to Atlanta for business 1-2x per month for the past 2 yrs and I have stayed at a variety of hotels from the Omni CNN Center, Westin Peachtree Plaza to the Sheratons and boutique Hotel Indigo. I decided for the first time to stay at the DoubleTree in Buckhead since alot of my meetings always end up around Buckhead. Based on the reviews on TripAdvisor, I decided to give this DoubleTree a try and the price was right (under $200 which is the range I try to stay in for work in Atlanta). Here's the pluses and minuses:

Pluses: 1) Great Location Near Great Shopping, Restaurants, Starbucks, Sushi and good mexican restaurant across the street 2) They have a complimentary shuttle that takes you within 3 miles and picks you up when you call it to if you don't have a car (though I usually have a car I thought this was a nice touch). 3) Rooms are nicely furnished and very clean, well tended to with a good array of Neutrogena amenities 4) And of Course Cookie upon arrival 5) Nice Staff 6) GREAT CRUNCH gym. Yes, you have to walk a block away to get to it but it is on a quiet path and the gym is really full service and you can even take these great classes that they are known for 7) Offers valet and self service parking

Minuses: 1) My room faced the front of the hotel and had one of those air conditioning units that is built into the wall under the window. I was really annoyed when I put it on (which I had to since it was 85-90 degrees the days that I stayed in Atlanta). The a/c unit is right next to the workdesk so when you put it on -it's either full blast or nothing - which means the fan would blow in my face while I was working in my room. There really is no way around it unless you work with the computer on your lap in the bed since the desk is not movable. I had to put a weight on my papers so that they would not fly all over the place from the fan or A/C. 2) No pool 3) No MiniBar

All in all a good stay in a hotel that I would consider going back to.

Stayed: September 2005