“Clean with no facilities” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead
Ranked #75 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Fairfax, Virginia
“Clean with no facilities”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Rooms are small, there is no fridge , no facilities for extra bed for a kid even when we asked for an extra comforter , answer was : we do not have one !!!!!!!! . Seems they are stingy to put enough coffee , shampoo etc in the rooms. But it is clean and for that reason it is tolerable. The hotel itself is really small , there is even no restaurants , no nothing !
Surprised that they do not offer breakfast , I have never been to a place without a breakfast + room!!
Hmmmm not going back again but if you are only gonna sleep at night , it is ok .

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dwayne D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear mojy j,

Thank you for the comments on your recent stay. I want to apologize that we didn’t meet your expectations. I can assure you that we do our best to see that our guests leave 100% satisfied. I also want to apology that you did not receive your requested item. I will be sure to share this with my team. Thank you for your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Korean first
Leawood, Kansas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Absolutely the most lame hotel management in the world. Due a delayed flight I checked in after midnight. Despite my Hilton hhonors status, the only room they had for me had NO BED - - only a fold out couch. Two weeks later, another delayed flight, and this time they had NO ROOM for me, despite my Gold status and a GUARANTEED RESERVATION. They put me up in another hotel at their expense, but how could you give away a guaranteed room for one of your better customers??? Then it made me think, would it have been better to move me to another hotel on that previous stay, rather than making me sleep on a fold out couch like an unwanted houseguest?

To add insult to injury, when they did not have a room for me, the brain surgeons at the hotel BILLED ME AS A NO-SHOW for the room of mine that they GAVE AWAY TO SOMEBODY ELSE. It took 4 phone calls to the hotel (because my messages were never returned) before I got the charge reversed.

If you look up "incompetent hotel management" in Webster's dictionary, you will find these jokers. Needless to say, I no longer stay there.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Paul F
Dear Paul F,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. I want to apologize for the issues that you encountered. I can assure you that this is not our normal practice and we strive to make our guests feel welcomed and satisfied with their stay. I will address the issue you mentioned. I only wish I could have apologized to you personally prior to you leaving.

Oxford, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Great place for stay.
Very close to mall, yo can go walking and the metro station is very colse too. Great neighborhood in Buckhead, and many restaurants around here.
I stay in 4th july weekend.
The hotel was overbooked, but i just had wait for 15 minutes for enter to the room.
One point: they need a pool.
The room confortable, clean and nice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Baltimore, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Doubletree was great on first inspection - climbed in sheets and had three hangers in bed with me! Staff was great about but when questioned seemed to think the mistake was on me - that hangers had to have been on top of the bed. I had to clarify several times that no they were under the made bed. As a result did not sleep too well as late at night and the hotel was at capacity so knew switching would be problematic. Will never go back.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dwayne D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Dear Michelle C,

Thank you for commenting on your stay with us. I do want to apologize for the issues you had with your guest room and hangers. I can assure you that this is not a normal practice of our Room Attendants. We hope you will try us again if your travels take you back to Buckhead.

Sincerely
Roca, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

Would have liked a shuttle to the airport and the fitness room was less than desirable. I like to exercise at 5 am and walking or commuting over to LA Fitness did not seem safe for me. Also, a better gift shop w/more amenities would be nice.

Omaha, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

No one wants to arrive at their hotel at 10:00 p.m. after flying all day and not have a room available (clean). The hotel being short staff is not a good excuse! Giving me a cookie doesn't help.... Following that, one day my card keys didn't work and another night there were absolutely no towels (bath, hand, wash cloth or rug) in my room after housekeeping cleaned it. Love the location and that's about it.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dwayne D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dennis G,

I want to apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I can assure you that this has been addressed. I value your comments and your business. We hope that you will give us another chance in the near future.

Crown Point, Indiana, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

Hotel was over-booked and hotel staff was extremely rude and discourteous during the entire check-in process. I ended up walking 1/2 mile to the Embassy Suites in order to find a room to sleep in the first night.

1 Thank Dennis G
Dennis G,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit. I want to apologize for the issues that you encountered. This is not our normal practice. We appreciate your business and I hope to see you in the near future.

All the best,