“Great location, fair price, but......”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead
Ranked #73 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Absolutely the most lame hotel management in the world. Due a delayed flight I checked in after midnight. Despite my Hilton hhonors status, the only room they had for me had NO BED - - only a fold out couch. Two weeks later, another delayed flight, and this time they had NO ROOM for me, despite my Gold status and a GUARANTEED RESERVATION. They put me up in another hotel at their expense, but how could you give away a guaranteed room for one of your better customers??? Then it made me think, would it have been better to move me to another hotel on that previous stay, rather than making me sleep on a fold out couch like an unwanted houseguest?

To add insult to injury, when they did not have a room for me, the brain surgeons at the hotel BILLED ME AS A NO-SHOW for the room of mine that they GAVE AWAY TO SOMEBODY ELSE. It took 4 phone calls to the hotel (because my messages were never returned) before I got the charge reversed.

If you look up "incompetent hotel management" in Webster's dictionary, you will find these jokers. Needless to say, I no longer stay there.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Paul F
Dwayne D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Dear Paul F,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. I want to apologize for the issues that you encountered. I can assure you that this is not our normal practice and we strive to make our guests feel welcomed and satisfied with their stay. I will address the issue you mentioned. I only wish I could have apologized to you personally prior to you leaving.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,190)

Great place for stay.
Very close to mall, yo can go walking and the metro station is very colse too. Great neighborhood in Buckhead, and many restaurants around here.
I stay in 4th july weekend.
The hotel was overbooked, but i just had wait for 15 minutes for enter to the room.
One point: they need a pool.
The room confortable, clean and nice.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Doubletree was great on first inspection - climbed in sheets and had three hangers in bed with me! Staff was great about but when questioned seemed to think the mistake was on me - that hangers had to have been on top of the bed. I had to clarify several times that no they were under the made bed. As a result did not sleep too well as late at night and the hotel was at capacity so knew switching would be problematic. Will never go back.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Dwayne D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2014

Dear Michelle C,

Thank you for commenting on your stay with us. I do want to apologize for the issues you had with your guest room and hangers. I can assure you that this is not a normal practice of our Room Attendants. We hope you will try us again if your travels take you back to Buckhead.

Sincerely

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Would have liked a shuttle to the airport and the fitness room was less than desirable. I like to exercise at 5 am and walking or commuting over to LA Fitness did not seem safe for me. Also, a better gift shop w/more amenities would be nice.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

No one wants to arrive at their hotel at 10:00 p.m. after flying all day and not have a room available (clean). The hotel being short staff is not a good excuse! Giving me a cookie doesn't help.... Following that, one day my card keys didn't work and another night there were absolutely no towels (bath, hand, wash cloth or rug) in my room after housekeeping cleaned it. Love the location and that's about it.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Dwayne D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Dennis G,

I want to apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I can assure you that this has been addressed. I value your comments and your business. We hope that you will give us another chance in the near future.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Hotel was over-booked and hotel staff was extremely rude and discourteous during the entire check-in process. I ended up walking 1/2 mile to the Embassy Suites in order to find a room to sleep in the first night.

1  Thank Dennis G

Dennis G,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit. I want to apologize for the issues that you encountered. This is not our normal practice. We appreciate your business and I hope to see you in the near future.

All the best,

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Everything was perfect! Staff and service were exceptional. From the moment I walked in to when I had to get a cab, everyone was very friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend staying here to anyone traveling to Atlanta.