“Numerous errors and slow service”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead
Ranked #71 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Chicago, United States
“Numerous errors and slow service”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

The rooms were not cleaned until 6-7 PM, resulting in delayed check in. We were charged the wrong amount on check out. The staff took 20 minutes to retrieve my car, resulting in my missing my friend's wedding. While the staff was friendly and apologetic, they made no effort to remedy the problem. The location was nice, but there are many other nice hotels in the Bucktown area. Very dissatisfied.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dwayne D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Niloufer K,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your visit. Please accept my apology for the check in issue you encountered. Being timely to our guest’s requests is something we value ourselves on. I apologize for us falling short of servicing you. Please contact me personally if your billing issue hasn’t been taken care of.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Hoover, United States
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Overall great place to stay. Excellent location convenient to most anything. Hotel shuttle takes you anywhere and picks you up --on time. Very very helpful staff. Rooms very nice . (although elevator down upon arrival we used freight elevator but corrected within 2 hours. No other problems

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Lynn M,

Thank you for the wonderful comments. I will be sure to share them with the team. We appreciate your business. Come back and see us soon!

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed March 29, 2014

This stay is quite a disappointment. I am staying here for a girls' weekend and the service was almost completely poor! Our room was not clean after we checked in yesterday so we just left to allow time for that to be fixed. At midnight, we noted housekeeping all over our halls still cleaning rooms. On the next morning (which is today), we left to go to the mall and didn't return until 5:30pm. Yet again, the room was not cleaned! We called to request service and were simply told that they had until 7pm to clean. It is now after 7pm and we still have not received service!! I am reconsidering the benefits of my loyalty as a Diamond member if I can't even get a towel around here.

Further, there is an odd noise coming from the bathroom that sounds like crickets are trapped in the ceiling. The water pressure is unfortunate and the thermostat is either too hot or too cold.

I would love to have something nice to say because I hate reading completely negative reviews. But I simply cannot. Do better, Doubletree.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Hi Jennifer B,

Thank you for taking time to respond regarding your stay with us. I want to sincerely apologize for the issues that you encountered during your stay. I will be sure to share this with the team members. Please accept my apology. We value your business and we hope you will give us another chance to serve you.

Travelers are raving about these Atlanta hotels

Gonzales, Louisiana
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Please stay far away from this place looks can be very deceiving!!! I really thought this place was going to be nice just from looking at the outside, and the lobby which was very nice impression until I got to my dirty room. We'll Let me start by saying I was very disappointed when I open the door to the room. The carpet was filthy dirty! The beds were very small! More like full size bed then queen size bed. Just plan out false advertising! The bathroom smelled like urine!!! Way to smelly for anybody noise! Water pressure was low, old and out dated fixtures. It was just mess overall!!! It was very uncomfortable stay not my usual Double Tree experience. But any away I called down to front desk about the issue and she stated that there was no housekeeper on duty. So the next morning I called again about the loud urine smell someone finally showed up to clean the bathroom. Then I had to ask for some type of compensation about the issue and she gave me 10.00 discount as if that was deal but anyways! We checked out and only to find when we get home that my Michael Kors watch was missing. I immediately called the hotel and ask to speak to somebody about the matter, and was transferred to they so call lost and found department which I didn't get an answer after multiple attempts to reach someone. I left message no respond just plan out unprofessional. So I decided to call the manager he acted as if he was going to look into the matter he took down all my information and stated he was going to look into the matter. Well to this day I haven't heard anything from him or his lost and found department! Which is very unprofessional. He the manager and his staff sucks!!! I wouldn't never stay there again!!! Poor service!!! Stay away because there are some thieves working there!!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Asia J
Dear Asia J,

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us. I was alarmed to see this as we pride ourselves on service and exceeding our guest’s expectations. Please contact me as I would like to apologize personally. You can reach me at 404-231-1234.

Lithonia, United States
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I had 3 hours time to wait for my son to complete an exam and wanted to get some work done while waiting in a quiet place. The staff handled my inquiry very nicely so I had a very productive time. I will definitely keep this in mind for the future.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Bed was great. Good nights sleep. Just disappointed complimentary breakfast not offered as Hampton Inn does. Staff very nice and helpful. More channels on television would have been helpful. Quiet atmosphere. Overall good.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Atlanta, United States
Reviewed March 20, 2014

The beds are very uncomfortable. My husband and I had back pain all the way home and the next day. We will never stay here again. It was very loud and difficult to sleep due to the noise. The room could have been cleaner as well.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Velisa O
Dear Velisa O,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. We will be sure to address the issues you stated. The team is very interested in feedback from our guests. Please accept my apology for your issues. I hope you will give us another chance to make it right!