“Worst Doubletree ever”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead
Ranked #75 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Do not stay at this hotel. It's far below doubletree standards. Great location, but lack of maintenance and poor management make this hotel a poor choice. The Hilton honors floor has no additional amenities, and is noisy.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Dwayne D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear Brue A E,

I want to thank you for informing me and other travelers about your recent stay. I want to apologize that we didn’t exceed your expectations during your visit. We strive to make sure our guests have an enjoyable stay. We value your business and I will personally share your comments with my dedicated hotel staff. I only wish I could have spoken to you prior to your departure. Thank you

Write a ReviewReviews (1,192)

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I recently stayed at the Double Tree in Atlanta and found my stay to be the best. The entire staff was so polite and helpful that I will now make Double Tree my must-stay hotel whenever and where ever I travel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I just returned from a business trip in Atlanta. Admittedly a tough time to be there, it was during the snow storm that froze Atlanta. The second night there I had a disturbing run in with Jessica. I called the front desk to get help logging on to the internet, it was late and I was exhausted and just wanted to check in for my flight the following day. She was incredibly condescending, I ended up saying please don't treat me like I am being an *****. Unnecessary, but frustrated. I received a call next from security asking me to pack my bags, they were kicking me out for using profanity with Jessica. Really? I am a 50 year old woman in town for work not loud spring breaker bothering anyone. After waiting a half hour longer they agreed to allow us to stay. We will never be back. I have never been treated like that in my life .

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Margaret C
Reviewed January 30, 2014

The hotel staff was quite friendly and helpful in everyway. My only disappointment was the lighting in the bath which made it difficult to put on make up. A suggestion would be to add a magnifying mirror. All ladies love this and good light.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Located in the heart of Buckhead, Atlanta. Plenty to do and see! Customer service at its finest! Great dining for breakfast with great menu! Rooms nice and clean with great views of the city and surrounding area!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We called to see if there were rooms available. The lady said the price was $109/night and she could get our card number and "hold the room" until we got there. What she didn't tell us was there was going to be more than $80 worth of taxes and other charges, so when we wanted to cancel, the front desk told us the room was not "held" but RESERVED on the card and since it was after 11PM, we could not get any money back. THERE IS NO FREE PARKING FOR GUESTS. THERE IS NO MINI FRIDGE TO KEEP DRINKS COLD. There was no paper to leave feedback in the comment box. The toilet paper is so cheap. Not worth $200 BY FAR. STAY AWAY!!!! IT'S HORRIBLE.

Room Tip: Choose a room at another hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Dwayne D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear Jessicanns,

I want to thank you for the comments that you shared with me on your recent stay. I want to apologize that we didn’t exceed your expectations during your visit. I only wish that I could have discussed this with you prior to your departure. I will be sure to share your comments with the team. We do appreciate your business and value your comments.

Dwayne Dean

Reviewed January 22, 2014

We were greeted by the nicest man ever at check out. The staff at this hotel is top rate superbly sweet and extremely helpful! If anything, we would choose to stay at this hotel because of the staff employed!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business