“Hotel accommodations” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #70 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Chicago, United States
“Hotel accommodations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

I had a grand time at the DOUBLETREE Buckhead location and will recommend this location to others. When we drove up, entered the front doors and approached the front desk we were greeted with smiles and a BIG WELCOME. And, of course the warm cookie was a BIG, BIG HIT for everyone. The assistance to our rooms and hospitality will always be beautiful memories. We thank the Barbara Culmer Illaw B-Day Celebration for selecting the DOUBLETREE BUCKHEAD.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

GM_DoubletreeHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at our hotel. So glad you were able to experience our authentic Doubletree hospitality. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed at the Doubletree in Buckhead for a conference. The staff did everything possible to make my stay comfortable and pleasant. The restaurants staff was wonderful and very attentive. The food serviced at the restaurant gave you a little taste of atlanta.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GM_DoubletreeHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
We're delighted to hear of your pleasant stay at our hotel. Thank you for your feedback about our staff and thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon.
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I am typically pretty happy with my stays at the DoubleTree for business travel. I wouldn't walk in with so much expectation to begin with, but not too disappointing in general. I had a slightly higher expectation for this particular location perhaps because it is located in Buckhead. It was pretty disappointing. The room was dark, and it had this moldy smell in general that didn't go away with blasting the air conditioner (which was too loud to consider running at night). The drain the bath tub was clearly clogged (which I would think they can notice easily when cleaning). A few of the towels had one or two holes. The furnishing in the room is really outdated though the main lobby area seems pretty ok. Didn't get a chance to check out the restaurant. To use the wireless network, you have to pay something like $9.99. Not an issue to pay a small fee, but it is an issue when the wireless network doesn't work properly. When I brought up the issue and asked if I could be reimbursed for the fee, the front desk staff was clearly displeased with the request. Almost wish I never even bothered to request for a refund. It makes me wonder if I got a worse than usual room because I booked through a heavy discount site (hotwire). It was an unfortunate experience to stay at the Doubletree in Buckhead because my impression of the hotel brand wasn't all that negative before.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
GM_DoubletreeHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our guestrooms. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. However, we would also like to apologize for the poor level of service you received as well. We will be sure to address your concerns with our team and we hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.
Franklin, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed here for two nights while in town to see a concert. I had my 15-yr old son with me, and we had a room with two double beds. The room didn't come with a fridge but we requested one, and the staff sent one up within a couple of hours. The only real problem I had with the room was that I couldn't get the room temperature regulated. It was either too hot or too cold. Oh, and my son brought his PS3 and he plugged it in to the TV and we couldn't get the TV to recognize the connection. I called the front desk and they offered to send a technician up, but the tech never showed. It was a bummer for my son, but we ended up not spending a lot of time in the room anyway.

I thought that the room itself was very clean, however I didn't go around with a white glove like it seems some reviewers do? The hotel staff was friendly and the valet guy called me by name which was a nice touch.

There is a Kroger within walking distance and several restaurants as well. I know that the mall was close by but I never saw it. The hotel shuttle drove us to a restaurant for dinner and back the first night, and that worked out well.

We had the breakfast buffet at the hotel and yes, it was a little pricey at $12 each, but it was actually very good. And, my son definitely ate $12 worth of food! The convenience and the service were, in my opinion, worth the money.

Overall, not a bad place to stay in the Buckhead area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GM_DoubletreeHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. I apologize for the problems with the television connection and with the air conditioning unit. I will have the engineering department look into correcting these issues. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to our area.
Chennai (Madras), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed here for 2 weeks and was very disappointed by the room cleaning services and general cleanliness. Very often they did not refill my shampoo, coffee, creamer etc. There was a film of dirt on the night lamp. Noise was in plenty on weekend nights.
Front office staff were generally courteous, but they misplaced a package of mine from amazon. I had received 5 of the 6 packages I had ordered. The one that went missing was a book and most of them refused to look hard for it. I tried 3 different staff over a 2 day period. I finally waited for the one who had checked me into the hotel and I had interacted with earlier and she too was reluctant to search initially till I gave her the tracking number and then she went about looking for it and finally found it.

One of my earlier packages too was not to be found, but I insisted tracking information showed delivered and another desk clerk was kind enough to go look for it and deliver it to my room.

No fridge or microwave was an irritant too. Wifi is a joke, you got to pay for it or take a package that includes this and is extremely slow.
Parking is expensive and breakfast staff are stuck up. Sometimes they dont greet you at all.
Overall, if you know to take care of yourself, it is ok if you need to be in the vicinity, but you have plenty of options other than this hotel in and around the same place.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in 05 are huge as they are next to the stairs. We were two of us and my friend got one...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
GM_DoubletreeHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for your time in reviewing our hotel. We apologize that our hotel did not meet your expectations; we will be following up with any areas that you found less than satisfactory. Thank you for reporting the issues you experienced. I have notified the appropriate departments to research the issues you mentioned. I appreciate your feedback and will certainly utilize it to improve future guests' experience.
Chicago, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I would highly recommed a stay at the DoubleTree Buckhead Hotel. My room was clean, bed very comfortable, and staff members were very helpful. I would stay again when traveling to the Buckhead Atlanta area. Location close to shopping, MARTA (rail transportation)and good restaurants.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I'm delighted to hear of your pleasant stay at our hotel. I'm also pleased that you liked the room, the bed and the staff. I hope to see you again in the near future.
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed here for a night in early May and have to admit I was pretty skeptical, given the reviews. I even called ahead to ask about the construction and to make sure I would be on a higher floor. So, the verdict? The lobby is pretty basic, no frills... But the bar tender friendly and willing to Steve us, even when it was past closing to do us a favor. The room was fine, good bed, nice amenities, coffee and tea are always good. The bathroom lighting was a little dim, but otherwise fine.

What surprised me was how thin the walls were. I had a friend stop by and we received two noise warnings as a result of the neighbors complaining. I promise you, we were two people having a conversation, telling jokes and laughing. If that keeps the neighbors up, I'm scared to see what happens when others stay there!!! (I'm pretty sensitive to noise, and this was an end room and we still received complaints, very strange.) Next time, I might need to give them something to complain about. :-)

It also surprised me that a newly renovated hotel would have wall air conditioners, and very loud ones...

Will I go back? Not compelled to, it was good, not great. I'm a fan of Doubletree, but this experience just didn't blow me away.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the hallway.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GM_DoubletreeHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate you bringing your comments to us while you were at the hotel so we could address these challenges immediately. Your feedback has been shared with the appropriate departments for areas of improvement. We hope your travels bring you to our area again.