“The stay was not fun”

Ranked #75 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Durham, North Carolina
“The stay was not fun”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

I was here for a conference and got up the next morning and went to take a shower and got locked in the bathroom. they had to pry me out with a pry bar and you could tell they had done this many times. they offered me another room. but I was already settled in for the week and I just fixed the door so it would not lock. If my husband would not have been there, I would have been in there for over 6 hours when house keeping arrived. most staff was nice, but some were really rude. infact they no longer hold our seminars at the double tree. I would not reccoment this. When I got home and sent an email, the hotel had lied to them and told them that they paid for all my meals. Which was not true. I had all the receipts. 3 months later I received one night stay refunded to me.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
GM_DoubletreeHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
We’re sorry for the poor level of service you received while staying with us. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is very important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
South Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

I booked this hotel through Hotwire and got a great deal. I think it should be listed as a 4-star hotel. The staff was so very friendly and helpful. Our trip started off horrible since we decided to ride the Amtrak to Atlanta. But thanks to this hotel, it made our stay really comfortable. The lady working at the front desk heard about our horrible trip so she gave us a complimentary breakfast to make it a little better. The cookies were also a great treat. Shuttle service was offered within a 3 mile radius which was also helpful. We were not sure where we wanted to have dinner and asked for suggestions, and we decided on Houstons, which was fabulous. I would not recommend riding the MARTA unless you don't mind people begging for money or giving you a look, knowing you are a visitor.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 512 next to elevators with a king size bed. It was quiet and very nice. The view w...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SouthLouisianaTillie
GM_DoubletreeHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at our hotel and for your nice comments! So glad you were able to experience our authentic Doubletree hospitality. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

The location is conveniently located to the shopping, restaurants, MARTA etc. The front desk staff were very friendly. Dexter was my favorite, just very welcoming and kind. We had a room on the 3rd floor, newly renovated and quite nice. The fifth floor is the Hilton Honors floor so be sure to ask for it.
The Gym is on the T floor and was probably one of the nicest gyms I have been in lately. A real variety of equipment, mats, balls etc. I am used to doing a more boot camp regimented work out so it was nice to see the other items. Machines are not my thing but they were state of the art and quite nice.
The fan does kick on in your room for the heat but I did not find it any different than most places.
The location for the coffee pot was kind of odd and difficult to work with. Would like to see it in a better location where you can open and close the lid etc with more ease. I liked the chaise and the side table for my tea when reading. Nice touch.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the front. We had family near the back and they also complained of noise form th...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_DoubletreeHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and I will let Dexter know that he helped you have a great stay with us. All of us at the Doubletree are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon.
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

The front desk staff was very friendly at check-in, the cookies are warm, delicious, free and readily available! Comfortable guest rooms and great conference facilities. Close to the mall and other shopping areas and plenty of food choices.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
GM_DoubletreeHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. Hope to see you return again soon. Safe trevels.
Adelaide, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Do not take a room at the back of this hotel at any level unless you want to stay awake listening to industrial size fans running up every few minutes. I don't know if the rooms at the front are noisy for any reason.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
GM_DoubletreeHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
We're very sorry for the noise issue you encountered during your stay at our hotel. Your comfort and safety is our number one concern, and we appreciate that you brought this to our attention. We will look into ways to correct this situation. We hope that the next time you're in the area, you'll consider staying with us again as we would love another chance to provide a great hotel stay for you. Thank you for your comments.
Aledo, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

The Double Tree was close to many different types of restaurants and close to downtown. The staff are helpful and professional. I travel a great deal for my position so I would return to this hotel again.

Room Tip: the rooms near the elevator are surprisingly quiet, so I would pick those again.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
GM_DoubletreeHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for your very nice review of our hotel. We're pleased that you liked our location and staff. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.
San Luis Obispo, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip for 6 nights in January. I love the location in Buckhead. We were within walking distance of the mall, movie theater, and lots of good restaurants. My room was just average. I don't like hotels where it's difficult to control the room temperature. The heating/cooling unit had to be adjusted during the night and affected my sleep. House keeping was just okay. One day they forgot to clean my room and the rest of the time they were inconsistent with the cleaning. We only ate once at the restaurant and it was just average too. I wouldn't mind staying there again, but would probably check my other options first.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We're happy that you liked our location. We use comments like yours to improve the operations of the hotel, and we will immediately look into the housekeeping room cleaning procedures and into the quality of the food in the restaurant. I hope that you will give us a second chance if you return to the area.