“Would definitely stay here again!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead
Ranked #75 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed April 7, 2012

The hotel staff was very nice, always helping me with Amy questions I had.
The hotel room is very spacious. The only downside was the TV, which didn't have a lot of channels to choose from.
Besides that, if you are not a HHonors gold or something, you have to pay for the Internet, which I found very expensive: 10 bucks per day. You can use their business center, but the computers are really slow as well as the Internet.
The shuttle they provide is really nice, since around the hotel theres not much one can do. Nevertheless, it is still very close to Lennox Mall and the Marta station is only two blocks away.

• Stayed: April 2012
GM_DoubletreeBuckhea, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed yourself and found the accommodations suiting. I do want to let you know that we will be upgrading our television selections when we do our room renovations in the near future. We look forward to having you at our hotel again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,192)

Reviewed April 3, 2012

Rooms are quite small compared to ither Doubletree's I've stayed in. Service in the restaurant, bar and desk was great. The room was clean and comfortable. Shuttle service was appallingly awful. Worst I've ever experienced anywhere. I had to use it because of a physical handicap, but each time I used it from the hotel, others who wanted a ride gave up on waiting (the shuttle was at the hotel) and walked. We were told constantly, "he's on his way down" . The 5-10 minutes wait was at least 20 minutes and sometimes much more, even when I requested the service 10 minutes before needed. (that's what the front desk told me to do). The shuttle only gies a 3 mile radius, so there's no excuse for such poor shuttle service.

• Stayed: March 2012
GM_DoubletreeBuckhea, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2012

Thank you for your review. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed the service in the restaurant, bar and at the front desk; and that you liked your room. I am very sorry for the problems that you experienced with our shuttle service. That type of service is not what we expect and it is not normal. We will investigate to make sure it does not happen again.

Reviewed March 31, 2012

Carpet was dirty. Note to self... Never stay on the loading dock backside of the hotel. Noise all night. Avoid 244 or around there. Maybe if I was on a higher floor it wouldnt have been too bad.

Staff is really nice. Jeffrey at the front desk is very helpful. And pbx operator Janelle (spelling?)... is patient and helpful too.

• Stayed: March 2012

Thank you for your review of our hotel. And thank you for your very nice comments about Jeffrey and Jennelle; I will relay your message to them and I am sure they will be thrilled. I apologize for the noise problem that you experienced and we will clean the carpet in room 244.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

If your traveling to Buckhead, via Atlanta airport, this hotel is very convienent. The Marta rail line begins in the airport, and the Marta stop in Buckhead is a very short walk to the hotel. Once there, you are walking distance to many business, food service places, etc.
The hotel rooms were rather small, but fitted with all the necessities. Rooms felt very clean! Was not very impressed with the breakfast for the caliber hotel this is.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
GM_DoubletreeBuckhea, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2012

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are so pleased to hear how convenient our location was to your needs. We appreciate the feedback on our breakfast and will take note of this for the future. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 12, 2012

When I was thinking about this review, I wanted to make sure I kept in mind that a hotel can't control my experience completely. So, let me begin with the staff. The staff was GREAT. From check-in to any questions I had, they were very pleasant and helpful. One morning while waiting to use the treadmill, I just got tired of waiting so I decided to brave the wind and go for my run outside. As I walked out of the fitness center, the manager walked by and asked how my workout went. I told her that the treadmills were in use and that I was going to run outside instead. She personally walked me to the front desk and arranged for me to be taken to LA Fitness across the street so I could use their equipment for no charge.

The hotel's location was great too. I wouldn't say that the area is a walk friendly area but shopping and restaurants are very near. The room was nice and it was clean. I was surprised that they did not have HDTVs.

Now, I wanted to talk about what kept me from having a fully wonderful time but at the same time, I'm not sure how much the hotel could control it completely. Around 3:00 am early Sunday morning, a group of young adults came in (on the 4th floor) and were just being loud. Really loud (I thought I was experiencing the movie Animal House). As I was about to ask them to be quiet, hotel security showed up. Security did calm things down, but he was fully awake at this point. So I wasn't able to rest like I wanted to.

All in all, the hotel, staff, and location was a really good choice.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 29, 2012

The hotel is in a great location and is a great base from which to explore. The staff are great, very helpful and always smiling. The rooms are acceptable, somewhat tired with old school televisions and I had a shower in the bathtub which I find frustrating.

Overall though a hotel that does what it sets out to do and is good value for money.

Room Tip: Great for shopping and for access to buck head and surrounds.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
GM_DoubletreeBuckhea, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2012

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are so glad that you chose to stay with us. We appreciate your business and your feedback on our friendly staff and our rooms. We will take note of your review in our upcoming renovation.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

We had a family reunion at this hotel and the staff could not have done enough for us. Only negative thing was the breakfast buffet. The scrambled eggs were runny and there were no biscuits. Other than that it was perfect

• Stayed: February 2012
GM_DoubletreeBuckhea, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel and the nice comments on our staff. We apologize for the deficiencies with the breakfast buffet and will make sure to check on the quality moving forward. We look forward to seeing you again.