“Would not stay again!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead
Ranked #75 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Came in for the Chick fil A Bowl on New Years Eve. Arrived around 2:30 and was told all double rooms were not ready but would be by 3:00. At 3 no rooms were ready. By this time there are about 6-8 families waiting. At 3:45 I was given a room on the second floor. When I unlocked the door I was surprise to see the room was already occupied. Back at the front desk for another 15 min wait and finally got in our room around 4:10. The staff appeared as if they didnt have a clue. Only one elevator working and no electricity in room first thing in the morning on the 1st. The room itself was fine. It was the worst run operation I have ever witnessed.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
GM_DoubletreeBuckhea, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2012

Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences you experienced while staying with us. We try our hardest to make sure that the rooms are available for check in at 3 pm and it is unacceptable that you had to wait. We do appreciate your patience with us during this frustrating time. Please know that this is not the usual for our hotel and we would love to have you back to see a better side of our hotel.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,159)

Reviewed December 31, 2011

This hotel has some great plusses- the staff is nice and always with a smile. The location is great in the middle of Buckhead and the passes to LA Fitness are a nice option...

The "negatives" are that the hotel is a little tired. The tube TV's the outdated rooms...etc. I will say, however the most annoying thing was that on the 28th we were told there was going to be a power outage for a few hours and the whole hotel including elevators would be out of commission. We make plans to be out of the room for those few hours in the middle of the day. The next morning we get a notice that they DIDNT turn out the power and it would be turned off the 29th. Again, this made for a somewhat frustrating stay. We are diamond members and were not told ahead of time about this. Essentially our room was not useable for several hours of the 2 days we were there. Yes, we got a great rate...but I guess you get what you pay for. I felt like we had to plan around their maintenance...and more than once.

There are a number of choices in Buckhead...I am on the fence as to whether I would choose this again without a renovation....but kudos to the staff.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are pleased to hear that the staff was courteous and able to help you when needed. We apologize for the inconvenience with the power outages. It takes quite a bit to plan these maintenance repairs and I understand they can be frustrating to the guest. We will take note of sending a reminder to our guests when these issues occur. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

This place is great. I live in Atlanta but I have been traveling a lot so I don't currently have an apartment. Whenever I come back home on the weekend, I always stay here and it's always an excellent experience. I find it hard to want to stay anywhere else even though I love having the variety of staying at different hotels. The staff always goes above and beyond when welcoming the guest and my room is always so comfortable. Plus the food ordered through room service is always so good. Parking is extra but it is definitely worth it to stay at such a great location that is central to everything and the room is always reasonable, especially for the area. I recommend using this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
GM_DoubletreeBuckhea, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2011

Thank you so much for your continued loyalty to our hotel. We are pleased to hear how much you enjoy your stay and we look forward to seeing you again next weekend.

Reviewed December 19, 2011

The hotel was very comfortable and the staff was very helpful with troubleshooting and making you feel welcome. The business center however was terrible. Not only is it near impossible for you to check your email in a reasonable amount of time, forget about downloading and printing. The printer seemed to only allow PDF's and excels to print and the copier was a joke. I would have just used the internet in my room, but it was $10 a day if you are not a "gold" member. Great location in Buckhead for business and shopping. While the staff was awesome, I doubt I will return for business.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
GM_DoubletreeBuckhea, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2011

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are pleased you found the room comfortable but are terribly sorry for the inconvenience you experienced in the business center. We will take a look at our printers and the set up for the computer. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed November 29, 2011

This place is a gem. The service is really outstanding. Remarkable. All staff are trained AND empowered to do the absolute best they can to keep the guests happy. I would never stay anywhere else in the area. It's not fancy but a pleasure to stay there nonetheless.

• Stayed: November 2011
GM_DoubletreeBuckhea, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2011

Thank you very much for the review. We sure hope that you visit us again. Please let us know if you need anything for your next trip.

Reviewed November 15, 2011

Wonderful staff. Decent, reliable accommodations, with a great location, at a good rate. It's not the Ritz but I have trouble staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing the street are much quieter. Hotel has a shuttle to drive you to/from dinner withi...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
GM_DoubletreeBuckhea, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2011

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel and your ongoing loyalty to the property. We can't wait to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 12, 2011

Hotel was very nice - very classy look. Room was comfortable and clean. Overall very nice. I was travelling from overseas so needed to receive like 6 packages before I arrived. Hotel staff received my packages and I got them when I arrived in perfect condition. Staff was very courteous. Overall a good hotel for my short business trip. Hotel was very close to good restaurants and a nice mall.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent stay with us. We are pleased you liked the hotel and are so glad that the staff was friendly and accommadating. We hope to see you again.