“Another great stay at the Ritz”

The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead
Ranked #8 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Another great stay at the Ritz”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

We visit Atlanta several times a year and have stayed here numerous times, some visits better than others, and overall it is an excellent hotel. We have ventured out and tried other Atlanta properties when visiting the city like the Mandarin Oriental and St. Regis, but we keep coming back to the Ritz mainly because of the proximity to shopping ( you can walk to both Saks or Neiman's) and because we really enjoy the concierge level. Even though the rate is higher you can usually break even after a couple of drinks, breakfast, and lunch. You also save a bundle when traveling with children who are hungry and thirsty all the time. Every time we have stayed here the club lounge has been consistently good and if club level is not available we usually go somewhere else. We stayed in a one bedroom suite that had a pullout sofa that was great for our daughter. The extra 1/2 bath the suite provides when traveling with three people is nice too. When we stayed here this visit the hotel was nearly full but when I have a choice I always ask for a suite with a tub because the ones with the tubs have the much larger bathrooms and separate showers. This stay we were just happy to have a suite. About a year ago I often left the Ritz frustrated but think the service has recently improved. The valet's and doormen and bellmen are exceptional, and the front desk staff has gone from the "land of no" as I used to call it to pretty gosh darn accommodating. Walter at the front desk in particular is the best. He remembers us every time we visit ( even from our days at the Ritz Downtown) and always goes out of his way to make us feel special and like he is really glad to see us. I tried the spa for the first time this visit and had a very good pedicure. We look forward to our next visit!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Mitzicmich

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Korean first
San Pedro Sula, Cortes, Honduras
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

This place is a must if you want to be treated like royality. Besides being situated in a Prime Location and having all the amenities of a top place . The service is what really sets it apart. I cant remeber a time that I have been to a place that every single person we encountered gave us the royal treatment.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

We were in Atlanta for a concert and stayed at the Ritz in Buckhead. I booked the hotel through AMEX platinum FHR program where we received daily breakfast for two, $100 hotel stay credit, upgrade, and 4:00PM late checkout.

The hotel is slightly cumbersome if you are traveling on Peachtree. Turning left, one must go a few blocks before making a questionable legal U-turn before going back 1/2 mile to the hotel. The hotel is older, classic feel with update typical ritz carlton amenities. Champagne was offered at check-in, which was a nice touch after stopping in Macon, GA. If you plan on eating brunch on Sunday, make a reservation! I made the mistake and waited at least 45 min. By the way the brunch is incredible with shrimp, osiers, stone crab claws, chateaubriand, gnocchi, and handcrafted desserts! The overall experience was nice, valet was very prompt to get your car as well as open the door. Overall, it was a very nice stay and I will be back!

Room Tip: King bed comes with glass enclosure shower while double bed room comes with a shower curtain.
Green Features: I do not know anything about the hotels environmentally friendly practices, who really cares. If i cared about the environment i would sleep in the woods.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Edwin A
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

We have stayed at the Ritz-Carlton on our last 2 trips to Atlanta which were 2 years apart, and the place has not changed at all, (that is a good thing). Our room was really nice with everything you wanted. The feeling of hospitality from the staff was excellent, and in particular the bar & restaurant staff. They were really helpful and we had some good laughs with them. We met some fantastic locals as well over a couple of drinks and ended up having dinner with them. The bar area is cosy and a nice spot for a chat.
The doormen & concierge were very helpful. Especially when my wife wanted to go for a manicure down the street, they would not allow her to walk and quickly hailed the hotel limousine who dropped her where she wanted to go and insisted she call when she wanted to be collected.
We would recommend this hotel to anyone, we love the southern hospitality.

Green Features: Normal Towel policy but nothing out of the ordinary noticed.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Roswell, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

Over the top lobby with friendly staff. Our room was clean, and everything in the hotel was top of the line. In the morning they serve a great breakfast where we met the friendliest hostess named Amanda. With welcoming staff such as her and the elaborate details they have, I can assure that I will be back

• Stayed March 2014
tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

My wife and I have been going to this Ritz for over 15 years and I have to say that this was not what I expected. On this stay we stayed on the concierge level for two nights. Our reservation included breakfast and valet parking. My complaints:
1. Fire place in the lobby area was not lit to later in the morning (I asked the front if the fire place could be lit/started and they replied with “it will not be lit till later”).
2. Breakfast was not very good. Waffles were cold, scramble eggs taste like powered pre prepared, coffee old/burnt and waiter was more interested in Olympic hokey game than waiting on us.
3. Coffee on concierge level was not good. Best coffee is at the front desk early in the morning.
4. Workout and pool area room stinks. It was very crowded and lacked enough floor space for its limited weight training equipment. Pool is old and needs renewing.
The best part of my visit was enjoying the concierge lounge. There was one attendant who is very personable and made the concierge experience very nice. I think this hotel needs a manager who can lead the staff to provide a superior experience for its guest. Unfortunately this visit did not provide us with a great experience.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Sara L, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your subsequent feedback; I was most disappointed to hear that we fell short of delivering the level of service and product excellence you come to expect from our hotel; please forgive the uncharacteristic shortcomings which I am personally reviewing and following-up on; allow me to contact you directly to address your concerns - we value your loyalty and past patronnage to our hotel.

Warm regards, General Manager
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

We decided on a last minute shopping trip to Atlanta.I made reservations at another hotel, and when we checked in the rooms we found it was totally disgusting. So on a whim I called the Ritz Carlton and they were able to accommodate us at the last minute, although we paid almost rack rate! The price was totally worth it. The rooms are understatedly luxurious, and the location of the hotel cant be beat.
I will definitely stay here the next time I am in town and want to surround myself in refined luxury.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends