“Flawless Execution (almost)”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Saint Simons Island, Georgia, Usa
“Flawless Execution (almost)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

Exactly what you want to expect from this marquee establishment. Arrival, baggage, check-in and room preparation are "spot on!" Service and food in the cafe & resteraunt (breakfast) were peer perfect. Room, (16th floor with view of Buckhead) was large, bed a bit lumpy, excellent bath & products and silent heat. Excellent gym with everything you need.

Only small issue was the cleanliness of the men's bathroom off The Cafe. It was unkept and towels were thrown around the floor. I chalk this up to the fact that a large convention was in house and had just let out of a meeting. But them again, the is the Ritz and that shouldn't happen.

Green Features: The basics, reuse your towels and sheets. Gym has recycling for empty plastics.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Korean first
Watkinsville, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

The hotel is beautiful inside however the rooms are standard to other hotel rooms less expensive. No coffee maker in room! Check-in counter a bit snobby. Valet parkers extremely nice but $35 mandatory. Check on the list. Had a good experience but won't stay again. The Ritz at Oconee is worth the splurge because it is unique and friendly.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Okinawa, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

I have enjoyed staying at the Ritz in Buckhead twice now, and both times I have zero complaints. Loved the touch of offering champagne while we waited in line to check-in. Excellent concierge service that gave us wonderful recommendations on where to eat in the area. Rooms were perfectly clean and I think the showers there are my favorite hotel showers of all time (love the oversized, rainfall shower head... and perfect pressure.) Door service was always stellar as well. We never waited for a cab. The pillows are a bit soft for me (I prefer a bit more of a firm poof), but that is just personal preference.

I have avoided the breakfast because I am not willing to spend that much when there are so many great places to eat in Buckhead, but I hear it's phenomenal, if you are willing to shell out the cash.

All in all a solid place to stay. Directly across from two major malls too, if you are into shopping while you are in Atlanta!

Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

My husband and I drove to Atlanta for the night ... just a quick get away from Birmingham. We purchased the club level .... and, I cannot explain how very relaxing and wonderful it was. From Caroline (we just loved her), Lydia, the staff at the front desk (who helped us in answering any question), to the promptness and humor of the doormen and valet ... everyone was incredibly kind and went out of their way to make us feel special. The food - both taste and presentation, the coffee (LOVE THAT MACHINE), the chocolate martini .... cannot wait to go back. We did walk across the street for an about an hour of shopping; but, really loved to just stay there and completely be taken care of - it was wonderful. Thank you, Ritz Carlton Buckhead!!

Room Tip: Club Level was wonderful.
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

The minute drive up, you're welcomed by warm, friendly staff, and it doesn't stop there. Each person we encountered, whether waiting in line at check in or asking for directions, we received the same A+ service. The lounge bar is nicely decorated and we enjoyed the light music. Our server kept our glasses full but was not annoyingly "on top" of us. It's in a good location and valet service is fast. We didn't get to try breakfast during this trip, but will back in March and can't wait to try it then!

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

I come into Atlanta frequently and the Ritz is my go to. I've stayed at the other nice hotels in the area, but will always come back here for the quality and service. Compared to the St. Regis, for example, the staff is 10 times better. Rooms are comfortable, always clean, with little touches. Location can't be beat. The bar area is inviting and service great. Great job Ritz!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Saint Cloud, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

I have stayed at this Ritz Carlton several times and was always pleased with their service and attention to detail; however, I felt the need to comment on how much they care about their customers. I had a negative experience with lost luggage and complained to the management thinking that it wouldn't amount to anything other than making myself feel better about voicing my complaints. They stepped up to the plate and compensated me for my troubles (nicely, I might add), and this was even after the gentleman I dealt with was on vacation for a few weeks. What a pleasant surprise!

On a separate note, overall the hotel is what I would expect from a Ritz....immaculate, super-friendly staff, beautiful rooms and overall decor. Excellent all around.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business