“A beautiful escape from reality!” 5 of 5 stars

$25 Credit + Parking
Ranked #10 of 177 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta suburbs
“A beautiful escape from reality!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Spent one night here with a close friend to celebrate my birthday. We have been here a few times for afternoon tea, but decided to come for tea AND an overnight stay as well. Afternoon tea was lovely as it always is. It is pricey, but wonderful, and you are made to feel like royalty.
Our room on the 12th floor was beautiful with a great view. Everything in the room was immaculate, and the beds were very comfortable.
While at the hotel, we had drinks in the lobby lounge area. We enjoyed those so much that we stayed for dinner there. Again, nothing is inexpensive on the bar menu or food menu, but it was all delicious, and we were treating ourselves. Service staff is attentive and does a great job.
Around 10pm, we headed up to the pool for "Starlight Swim." We didn't actually intend to swim, but wanted to check it out anyway. The only glitch in our entire stay was that our key cards would not let us in to the pool area. Finally, after a trip to the Front Desk, a staff member in the pool area let us in. The pool and sundeck were pretty much empty (maybe because no one could get in). There was a small bar set up as well as a live musician (we felt bad that he had no audience!). We greatly enjoyed sitting out under the stars on the pool deck.
The package that we purchased included valet parking and breakfast. So, in the morning, we had breakfast in the cafe (prior to the opening of Sunday brunch). Breakfast was wonderful!
We will be back. Love this place!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Moraga, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This hotel has nailed it with regards to customer service! From the valets to the doormen –the reception and concierge staff –the room service folks – and finally the housekeeping staff who set the standard – I couldn’t be more pleased. I have no complaints at all about this hotel. Having just spent the prior two weeks in a less-than-cleanly Marriott property in Manhattan this Ritz was a refreshing “renewal” of sorts. And thank you Marriott for finally allowing points to be accrued at Ritz properties. My only complaint about the Ritz; and other higher end properties for that matter, is that this usually means the end of free breakfasts (regardless of loyalty tier) and even a simple fridge in the room. If you’re in the Atlanta Buckhead area I can’t recommend the Ritz enough. In addition to what I’ve already covered it is centrally located and steps away from the Lenox Square mall and other surrounding shopping areas. Give the Ritz Buckhead a try and you won’t be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank EinReisenderAusCA
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in September for a conference. While little older looking on the outside and traditional looking inside this is very good hotel. It’s not Ritz for nothing.

Rooms are very spacious with nice décor. TVs have many channels including HBO. Service is impeccable, you really feel that you are in a high class luxury hotel. The only thing I can complain are the prices for everything. Food is outragesly expensive. Continental breakfast is I think $30 so I will not even talk about the room service. Other than that if you have money or your company is paying for it why not. Note that Wi-Fi is $13 a night in this hotel or $40 something for a week.

One other thing I’d like to point out is the location. Buckhead is the uptown Atlanta, mainly business but some residential as well. Hotel is within the walking distance from the MARTA subway station which is nice if you have to go to the airport or downtown. This is a rich rich area. There are couple of shopping malls across the street and one of them especially is high end stores only (Gucci, Tiffany etc.)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ilidzasalence
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is wonderful. It's hard to get customer service this good! This was my first experience at a Ritz. We received a free upgrade to a suite! After dinner we were surprised to find chocolate strawberries and cookies in our room for our anniversary.

Everything was amazing. I don't think its worth the money to pay for the suite upgrade (if you pay for it), but I'm very thankful for the experience. I think this is a great place to go to celebrate a special occasion.

• Stayed October 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

The room was just ok but the biggest issue I had was that my car was parked by valet and someone went through my car and stole things out of my car. I didn't notice until after I left, I called the hotel and asked for a manager but the manager transfered me to the person in charge of valet. He sd he would look into the matter, sd in 3 yrs this has never happened, which was a lie, then he would call me back. He called back a few hours laters, left a messsge on my voicemail saying he wouldn't be able to do anything. Customer service here is terrible and I kept seeing a lady employed there was snooping on our floor for hours. I would never stay at this hotel again and neither will my friends.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
4 Thank tib01
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

The Ritz in Buckhead is definitely the place to stay. The service is impeccable. The concierge helped us with last minute reservations to Hals and the house driver, Gary, took us there with no problems. The concierge also provided great advise on where to park for the Falcons game . The other high points were the lobby bar and the Sunday brunch. You are within walking distance for some of the best shopping in the South!

• Stayed September 2013
Iowa City, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel during a girls' weekend. Love, love, love the employees. They were all so customer focused and friendly. The hotel itself was beautiful, the rooms were not as plush as I would have liked, but I enjoyed my stay. The hotel in Buckhead is not as nice cosmetically as the other Ritz hotels I have stayed, but there is a good possibility I would stay again.

Room Tip: Check in as soon as you can. Later check in limits your room options on a busy weekend.