“They've nailed it!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Moraga, California
“They've nailed it!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This hotel has nailed it with regards to customer service! From the valets to the doormen –the reception and concierge staff –the room service folks – and finally the housekeeping staff who set the standard – I couldn’t be more pleased. I have no complaints at all about this hotel. Having just spent the prior two weeks in a less-than-cleanly Marriott property in Manhattan this Ritz was a refreshing “renewal” of sorts. And thank you Marriott for finally allowing points to be accrued at Ritz properties. My only complaint about the Ritz; and other higher end properties for that matter, is that this usually means the end of free breakfasts (regardless of loyalty tier) and even a simple fridge in the room. If you’re in the Atlanta Buckhead area I can’t recommend the Ritz enough. In addition to what I’ve already covered it is centrally located and steps away from the Lenox Square mall and other surrounding shopping areas. Give the Ritz Buckhead a try and you won’t be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank EinReisenderAusCA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in September for a conference. While little older looking on the outside and traditional looking inside this is very good hotel. It’s not Ritz for nothing.

Rooms are very spacious with nice décor. TVs have many channels including HBO. Service is impeccable, you really feel that you are in a high class luxury hotel. The only thing I can complain are the prices for everything. Food is outragesly expensive. Continental breakfast is I think $30 so I will not even talk about the room service. Other than that if you have money or your company is paying for it why not. Note that Wi-Fi is $13 a night in this hotel or $40 something for a week.

One other thing I’d like to point out is the location. Buckhead is the uptown Atlanta, mainly business but some residential as well. Hotel is within the walking distance from the MARTA subway station which is nice if you have to go to the airport or downtown. This is a rich rich area. There are couple of shopping malls across the street and one of them especially is high end stores only (Gucci, Tiffany etc.)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sasa M
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is wonderful. It's hard to get customer service this good! This was my first experience at a Ritz. We received a free upgrade to a suite! After dinner we were surprised to find chocolate strawberries and cookies in our room for our anniversary.

Everything was amazing. I don't think its worth the money to pay for the suite upgrade (if you pay for it), but I'm very thankful for the experience. I think this is a great place to go to celebrate a special occasion.

• Stayed October 2013
Reviewed October 6, 2013

The room was just ok but the biggest issue I had was that my car was parked by valet and someone went through my car and stole things out of my car. I didn't notice until after I left, I called the hotel and asked for a manager but the manager transfered me to the person in charge of valet. He sd he would look into the matter, sd in 3 yrs this has never happened, which was a lie, then he would call me back. He called back a few hours laters, left a messsge on my voicemail saying he wouldn't be able to do anything. Customer service here is terrible and I kept seeing a lady employed there was snooping on our floor for hours. I would never stay at this hotel again and neither will my friends.

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank tib01
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

The Ritz in Buckhead is definitely the place to stay. The service is impeccable. The concierge helped us with last minute reservations to Hals and the house driver, Gary, took us there with no problems. The concierge also provided great advise on where to park for the Falcons game . The other high points were the lobby bar and the Sunday brunch. You are within walking distance for some of the best shopping in the South!

• Stayed September 2013
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel during a girls' weekend. Love, love, love the employees. They were all so customer focused and friendly. The hotel itself was beautiful, the rooms were not as plush as I would have liked, but I enjoyed my stay. The hotel in Buckhead is not as nice cosmetically as the other Ritz hotels I have stayed, but there is a good possibility I would stay again.

Room Tip: Check in as soon as you can. Later check in limits your room options on a busy weekend.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Ritz-Carlton has always represented itself as a top rated luxury brand. Their service motto is "We are ladies and gentlemen serving ladies and gentlemen". I will say at the outset that the service staff truly lives up to that philosophy. Everyone in this hotel was over-the-top courteous, friendly, and attentive.

There were several issues I observed/encountered at this property. First, the room decor was outdated and "tired"; it needs renovation. The wooden tray that held the coffee maker was banged up and dusty. I had to crawl under the desk to plug in my chargers as there were no easily accessible outlets at desk or nightstand height. The lamps were old and did not have any outlets in their bases like just about every hotel has these days.

Second, housekeeping did not replenish toiletries each day as you would expect from a luxury brand. I used the same container of shampoo for three days. Even though additional shampoo was not needed, the expectation was not met.

Third, we were in need of a band aid for a new cut. I went down to the gift shop to purchase a small box and was told they didn't have any but would have security bring some up. When security never showed up I called the concierge who said she had some at the desk. I said that I would come down to pick them up and I did - it would have been in keeping with expectations if she had offered to send them up to the room.

Finally, I find it to be a nickel-and-dime practice for any hotel to charge for internet access. Not only does Ritz-Carlton charge for access, you are billed for each device. I feel that they are capitalizing on their high-end reputation. Valet Parking is $32.00 per day and that's excessive, in my opinion.

All-in-all we had a good stay but what was delivered was not that much better than what could have been delivered by a Hampton Inn or Marriott Courtyard for considerably less money.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business