The Whitley, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Atlanta Buckhead
$460
$417
Cancelon
1,837 results
All reviewsthe ritz carltonclub levellobby loungephipps plazabit datedturn down serviceroom serviceindoor poolfitness centerbusiness tripfour seasonsvalet parkingbuckheadrcconciergemallproperties
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I booked a two night stay at the Ritz Carlton for last week. The rate booked was exceptional for this calibur of hotel. I was excited to go and experience the Ritz Carlton. The area of Buckhead is very nice with lots of restaurants and high end shopps. Great shopping area.

Upon entering the hotel I was immediately greeted by the desk clerk who asissted me with my reservation. I asked for a high floor not near an elevator or ice machine, which were all honored. I was placed in a room on the 21 floor, not near the elevator. The room was beautiful with all upscale furnishings but not to the extent of a 5 star hotel. I really did not explore the hotel such as fitness areas, and restaurants.

I slept very well the bed was very comfortable and the room remained very dark which I like. The bathroom was decorated very nicely and shower was wonderful. All in all the Ritz Carlton is a very nice hotel which I would certainly return to should I get another good nightly rate.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 14, 2013

When my sister's and I travel we usually stay at a Ritz-Carlton, when available. This hotel was not at all what we expected for a Ritz. At check in we were given the wrong keys and after hauling all luggage up to the 12th floor and spending ten minutes trying to open our door a housekeeper came along to open the door for us. We were shocked to see the room disheveled and occupied. When the housekeeper called down to the front desk to correct the problem, we were told to go back to the lobby to get another room and key. We had to ask that another room be found for us and that they bring the key to us instead. The first night we were awaken by an alarm left on by the previous guest and screaming children running up and down the halls. The second night the hotel fire alarm went off and we were asked to "stand by." After waiting and making several failed attempts to call downstairs, instructions never came. We eventually fell back asleep and hoped that we didn't die of smoke inhalation. The following morning, in desperate need of coffee after alarm drama, we went to the downstairs bar only to be charged $2.00 for a cup of coffee. Every hotel from the W to the St. Regis serves complimentary coffee in the morning. Pretty cheap for the Ritz. To top off the weekend, we all will take home a toe nail fungus as a parting gift because the shower drain was clogged even after repeated requests to address it were ignored. We were forced to take showers in a foot of water. The hotel rooms are in dire need of renovations to bring them up to the usual Ritz Carlton standards.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We went to Atlanta to celerbrate my wife's birthday. From the monment we arrived at the Ritz we were made to feel special. The service we received from the staff at the Ritz was awesome. They wished my wife a happy birthday upon arrival and had her cake in our room waiting for her. The room was very nice, clean and had a nice view of downtown Atlanta. The bed was very comfortable and plush. The indoor pool is nice as well. The lobby of the hotel was exquisitie. We will be going back to stay again and again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2013

After staying at other RC locations I had pretty high expectations of the Buckhead location. My family booked 3 rooms while in ATL for a long weekend of sightseeing & shopping. The whole experience left me somewhat disappointed. The small details were overlooked. Off brand toiletries were offered - not the usual Bulgari offered in other locations - the carpets were worn or needed vacuuming and the front desk / valet staff were somewhat off-putting in the manner in which they dealt with us at check-in. The rooms did not have the same Nespresso machines that other RC locations had and we were charged for coffee in the lobby which I thought was in poor taste on the part of management. I will say the location is absolutely amazing... Phipps and Lenox shopping centers are within blocks of the hotel (although we gave up on the hotel shuttle after 30 min in the lobby waiting) and just a short drive from most major tourist attractions. An hours drive will deliver you to an upscale outlet shopping center that was worth the drive. The hotel is from first glance beautiful with rich wood, fresh flowers and marble flooring. It was nice and enough for our purposes but not the sort of hotel you want to really want to include as part of your vacation experience or to use as a destination in itself. Again, this RC location is well above average for an average hotel but not the sort of excellence I would have expected from a Ritz Carlton based on previous visits to other RC locations.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very prompt check in and great customer service at the front desk. Unfortunately, when I got up to the room, the clerk had given me the wrong type of key. A call to the front desk and the security manager let me in to the room. He slipped a key under the door for later. Very prompt customer service.

My executive suite was very spacious. Beautiful panoramic views of the city. The bed was super comfortable and the suite was very clean. The furniture was a little worn, but still very clean and comfortable.

Make sure to grab a martini at the lounge. Has a great old world feel and the couches are just perfect for relaxing after a long business day.

Room Tip: Ask for room 2223. Or any of the corner rooms (executive suites) on the 22nd floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business