“Unbelieave service”

The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead
Ranked #10 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 20, 2013

The hotel staff is incredibly trained. This is a place where service is number one. Concierge can help you find a restaurant. Many people spent time in the lobby bar. Check in was a breeze. Room was clean, not big but not too small. We had a group rate, for what we paid it was an excellent value. If you have some free time, there is a mall and movie theater across the street. The hotel also has a complimentary shuttle to take you to some local spots.

1  Thank sheilaandjon

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed at the Ritz Carlton for 3 nights and can highly recommend the 18th floor Club Level Suite and Lounge. Great atmosphere, excellent service and food, wine. This made you want to head to the lounge and have a sunday morning coffee with the newspapers rather than sitting in your room or in the local starbucks ... a first for me! This is a great feature of the hotel and made the hotel stay less hotel-like.

Room Tip: 18th Floor Club Level is a must.
3  Thank STEEBOB
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My Wife & I checked into a Club Level Suite. This place needs 6 stars. Beautifully furnished, a great view, spacious surroundings with more features than we could use in 1 weekend. A Very comfortable bed. The reception in the "Club" lobby was exceptional as well. The food, snacks & drinks were really special for breakfast, lunch, afternoons & late nights. And the Sunday Brunch is worth the trip, alone. Great variety & the highest quality. It's almost hard to find in Buckhead, but once your there you know you're in the Right Place.

Room Tip: The Club Level corner rooms are perfect!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Lynn30620
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great service, but with properties like the St. Regis a few miles away, the need for updated rooms becomes evident.

The legendary Ritz-Carlton experience is true to form.

This hotel remains classic.

Overall, still a great choice in Buckhead.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We changed to this hotel when the first one did not work out. What a difference in hotels that accepted the same corporate rate! The staff could not have been friendlier and were more than willing to take on any request you had. The concierge booked us a table for dinner a few blocks away and then told us the hotel's Mercedes would be out front in two minutes to take us to dinner. We had thought we were walking so this was a welcomed suprise. The room was well appointed with enough space for my wife and I to move around without being on top of each other. The bed was very comfortable. I often waited for a ride outside each morning and the service was consistant for each person arriving at the hotel, whether to stay for a night or just breakfast. The Ritz will definately be in my plans in the future.

1  Thank mdtraveler1237
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Let me begin by saying the staff was very helpful, the hotel has a smooth and efficient valet service, attentive service and lots of access to free bottled water. This was my first stay at the Ritz-Carlton brand--usually I stay at the St. Regis and I returned there for my second night in Buckhead on this most recent visit.

We had come down to Atlanta for a weekend getaway and this is not the hotel for a relaxing break. Most disappointing was our desire to use the swimming pool and hot tub on the Friday night of arrival.

The hotel has a family movie night event in the pool. I am sure this is a lovely thing for families, but as a paying guest without children it pretty much ruined our hopes of having some time in the water.

There was a family with many children in the hot tub during the duration of the movie--with the jets off to accommodate the speakers of the film. They lingered after and we never did get an opportunity to use it.

The movie ended, the families lingered and the pool eventually closed. I'm wondering why they don't do this at another time or even in a ballroom or something, but to take over the pool and hot tub area was quite annoying.

The attendant to the gym was very sweet, the men's changing area was clean and well appointed and the hotel staff, as I said, was very attentive.

The hotel from the outside appears to be a regular office building and the peach colored rooms are perhaps a bit dated in style and taste, but furnishings are well kept.

I was hoping for a relaxing break from things and really was disappointed with this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2013

The location of this hotel is the best and would be the reason to stay there again. You can walk to great shopping and restaurants. This was a girl's weekend but we had several issues. The hotel did their best to fix our issues but the point is we had them and at the price we had paid for this place we really should not have had them. We had two adjoining rooms and one of them was not ready until after 5 which caused some dressing problems and getting settled in for our 3 night stay. I found the rooms small and not anything special. They did have all the perks but it could have been an interstate hotel with bathrobes, slippers and nice shampoo. We kept having key problems which seem to be the new thing lately. I have heard that cell phones and remote car keys demagnetize the keys...I have had this with other places. Only this time the key would work sometimes and then not the other. One of the rooms had a strange shower which my friend needed help to show how to work and caused her more stress. The weekend was to help her with her stress and the little problems we had added to her problem. The bathroom rug was missing in my bathroom so I had to throw down a towel and point it out to the maid. I found the bathroom a little hard to work in...needed towel racks. The room would be perfect for one person but when you have two women sharing the room it was a little tight. The bar area was wonderful. The staff at the hotel is exceptional...as the Ritz style. I do think the maid service/staff could use a little work..it seemed to be a little slacking for some reason but when asked for stuff..no problem. Just don't feel you should have to ask for stuff when you expect them. Again, we had other issues which was not hotel related and the staff did a wonderful job in handling them. I loved the location and had a great time staying in my home city. Not crazy about the parking prices....$32.00 for valet and $17.00 if you self park a day but if you move your car then you are paying each time for the time in self park....basically you don't drive your car if you self park which was fine for us.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends