WINNER WONDERLAND

The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead
Ranked #11 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
frederick, md
“Great location and even better service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We changed to this hotel when the first one did not work out. What a difference in hotels that accepted the same corporate rate! The staff could not have been friendlier and were more than willing to take on any request you had. The concierge booked us a table for dinner a few blocks away and then told us the hotel's Mercedes would be out front in two minutes to take us to dinner. We had thought we were walking so this was a welcomed suprise. The room was well appointed with enough space for my wife and I to move around without being on top of each other. The bed was very comfortable. I often waited for a ride outside each morning and the service was consistant for each person arriving at the hotel, whether to stay for a night or just breakfast. The Ritz will definately be in my plans in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mdtraveler1237

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Korean first
Asheville, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

Let me begin by saying the staff was very helpful, the hotel has a smooth and efficient valet service, attentive service and lots of access to free bottled water. This was my first stay at the Ritz-Carlton brand--usually I stay at the St. Regis and I returned there for my second night in Buckhead on this most recent visit.

We had come down to Atlanta for a weekend getaway and this is not the hotel for a relaxing break. Most disappointing was our desire to use the swimming pool and hot tub on the Friday night of arrival.

The hotel has a family movie night event in the pool. I am sure this is a lovely thing for families, but as a paying guest without children it pretty much ruined our hopes of having some time in the water.

There was a family with many children in the hot tub during the duration of the movie--with the jets off to accommodate the speakers of the film. They lingered after and we never did get an opportunity to use it.

The movie ended, the families lingered and the pool eventually closed. I'm wondering why they don't do this at another time or even in a ballroom or something, but to take over the pool and hot tub area was quite annoying.

The attendant to the gym was very sweet, the men's changing area was clean and well appointed and the hotel staff, as I said, was very attentive.

The hotel from the outside appears to be a regular office building and the peach colored rooms are perhaps a bit dated in style and taste, but furnishings are well kept.

I was hoping for a relaxing break from things and really was disappointed with this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

The location of this hotel is the best and would be the reason to stay there again. You can walk to great shopping and restaurants. This was a girl's weekend but we had several issues. The hotel did their best to fix our issues but the point is we had them and at the price we had paid for this place we really should not have had them. We had two adjoining rooms and one of them was not ready until after 5 which caused some dressing problems and getting settled in for our 3 night stay. I found the rooms small and not anything special. They did have all the perks but it could have been an interstate hotel with bathrobes, slippers and nice shampoo. We kept having key problems which seem to be the new thing lately. I have heard that cell phones and remote car keys demagnetize the keys...I have had this with other places. Only this time the key would work sometimes and then not the other. One of the rooms had a strange shower which my friend needed help to show how to work and caused her more stress. The weekend was to help her with her stress and the little problems we had added to her problem. The bathroom rug was missing in my bathroom so I had to throw down a towel and point it out to the maid. I found the bathroom a little hard to work in...needed towel racks. The room would be perfect for one person but when you have two women sharing the room it was a little tight. The bar area was wonderful. The staff at the hotel is exceptional...as the Ritz style. I do think the maid service/staff could use a little work..it seemed to be a little slacking for some reason but when asked for stuff..no problem. Just don't feel you should have to ask for stuff when you expect them. Again, we had other issues which was not hotel related and the staff did a wonderful job in handling them. I loved the location and had a great time staying in my home city. Not crazy about the parking prices....$32.00 for valet and $17.00 if you self park a day but if you move your car then you are paying each time for the time in self park....basically you don't drive your car if you self park which was fine for us.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

What a gorgeous hotel! Rooms were spacious and just the quality of fittings was of a higher standard than you standard hotel. What I loved the most was the lobby and bar area...the decor was gorgeous and with a big open fire it just completes the beautiful setting. Also, the staff's service was friendly and very accommodating. The hotel is opposite the shopping mall and a 10 mins walk to MARTA Buckhead train station. The train only takes 10-15 min to get to the heart of the downtown area. Would always stay at a ritz-carlton hotel if I had the chance!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Peteshell12
CT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

This hotel gets some seriously good reviews. I was staying on business and had the choice between several hotels but generally pick the RC chain when I can & it's within the budget. I've stayed downtown before and would be conflicted as to which to pick next time. Downtown RC has a really lovely restaurant. In Buckhead I ate at the bar & the service was the worst of any RCs I've ever been in. To be fair it was probably the busiest hotel bar I've seen for some time. It was difficult to get a seat. But also to be fair all other wait staff seemed to be on their game except my lady who as I said was dreadful she may as well not have showed up for the day. It was a long meal when I wanted a quick bite!
Also tried to book a facial (not something i normally do when im traveling on business) from my phone in the room soon after i checked in. I gave up after 6 unanswered attempts. I then called guest services who confirmed the spa was still open & said the line switches over when they are closed. I was very surprised at this.
What I loved was the beautiful pool and the gym looked good.
The burger I did eat was very good, the lemon meringue desert was not to my taste but anyone looking for something tart in flavor would enjoy it.
The hotel is close to lot of shops.
I'm posting a pic of the room I thought it was very average by RC standards. No bath only a large shower which was excellent.
Mmm where to stay next time? The jury is out....

• Stayed February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

The Ritz Buckhead is always a lovely stay, and far superior to any hotel in the area. Fun bar in the evenings, comfy beds, and excellent service. Delicious Sunday brunch. Walk across the street to either Lenox Mall or Phipps' Plaza for the best shopping and just a short car ride to the best restaurants, boutiques and gift stores in the Southeast.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Justpeachyingeorgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

My review may be biased after I had not to wonderful experience at a "four star" resort last weekend. This is my second time staying at Ritz and let me share with you that if you want to be greeted with friendly smile every from the front desk to the house keeping ladies, this is the place to be. I believe what sets ritz apart is not their luxurious amenities but its service of people. Would stay at any ritz location any time, any city.

• Stayed March 2013