“First class service....but you pay for it.”

The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead
Ranked #9 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, Georgia
“First class service....but you pay for it.”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

The location of this hotel is the best and would be the reason to stay there again. You can walk to great shopping and restaurants. This was a girl's weekend but we had several issues. The hotel did their best to fix our issues but the point is we had them and at the price we had paid for this place we really should not have had them. We had two adjoining rooms and one of them was not ready until after 5 which caused some dressing problems and getting settled in for our 3 night stay. I found the rooms small and not anything special. They did have all the perks but it could have been an interstate hotel with bathrobes, slippers and nice shampoo. We kept having key problems which seem to be the new thing lately. I have heard that cell phones and remote car keys demagnetize the keys...I have had this with other places. Only this time the key would work sometimes and then not the other. One of the rooms had a strange shower which my friend needed help to show how to work and caused her more stress. The weekend was to help her with her stress and the little problems we had added to her problem. The bathroom rug was missing in my bathroom so I had to throw down a towel and point it out to the maid. I found the bathroom a little hard to work in...needed towel racks. The room would be perfect for one person but when you have two women sharing the room it was a little tight. The bar area was wonderful. The staff at the hotel is exceptional...as the Ritz style. I do think the maid service/staff could use a little work..it seemed to be a little slacking for some reason but when asked for stuff..no problem. Just don't feel you should have to ask for stuff when you expect them. Again, we had other issues which was not hotel related and the staff did a wonderful job in handling them. I loved the location and had a great time staying in my home city. Not crazy about the parking prices....$32.00 for valet and $17.00 if you self park a day but if you move your car then you are paying each time for the time in self park....basically you don't drive your car if you self park which was fine for us.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

What a gorgeous hotel! Rooms were spacious and just the quality of fittings was of a higher standard than you standard hotel. What I loved the most was the lobby and bar area...the decor was gorgeous and with a big open fire it just completes the beautiful setting. Also, the staff's service was friendly and very accommodating. The hotel is opposite the shopping mall and a 10 mins walk to MARTA Buckhead train station. The train only takes 10-15 min to get to the heart of the downtown area. Would always stay at a ritz-carlton hotel if I had the chance!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Peteshell12
CT
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

This hotel gets some seriously good reviews. I was staying on business and had the choice between several hotels but generally pick the RC chain when I can & it's within the budget. I've stayed downtown before and would be conflicted as to which to pick next time. Downtown RC has a really lovely restaurant. In Buckhead I ate at the bar & the service was the worst of any RCs I've ever been in. To be fair it was probably the busiest hotel bar I've seen for some time. It was difficult to get a seat. But also to be fair all other wait staff seemed to be on their game except my lady who as I said was dreadful she may as well not have showed up for the day. It was a long meal when I wanted a quick bite!
Also tried to book a facial (not something i normally do when im traveling on business) from my phone in the room soon after i checked in. I gave up after 6 unanswered attempts. I then called guest services who confirmed the spa was still open & said the line switches over when they are closed. I was very surprised at this.
What I loved was the beautiful pool and the gym looked good.
The burger I did eat was very good, the lemon meringue desert was not to my taste but anyone looking for something tart in flavor would enjoy it.
The hotel is close to lot of shops.
I'm posting a pic of the room I thought it was very average by RC standards. No bath only a large shower which was excellent.
Mmm where to stay next time? The jury is out....

• Stayed February 2013
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The Ritz Buckhead is always a lovely stay, and far superior to any hotel in the area. Fun bar in the evenings, comfy beds, and excellent service. Delicious Sunday brunch. Walk across the street to either Lenox Mall or Phipps' Plaza for the best shopping and just a short car ride to the best restaurants, boutiques and gift stores in the Southeast.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Justpeachyingeorgia
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

My review may be biased after I had not to wonderful experience at a "four star" resort last weekend. This is my second time staying at Ritz and let me share with you that if you want to be greeted with friendly smile every from the front desk to the house keeping ladies, this is the place to be. I believe what sets ritz apart is not their luxurious amenities but its service of people. Would stay at any ritz location any time, any city.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Suhyun832
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have stayed at the Ritz -
Carlton, Buckhead on many occasions. The beds are sooo comfortable, and the service is excellent. I t is close to two of the best shopping malls in Atlanta, and their brunch is divine. I also love going into the lounge on Friday or Saturday nights and listening to the live music.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LuvinlifeInATL
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Ritz Carlton in Buckhead is truly the best hotel in this area, hands down. Yes, costs a bit more money than some of the others but well worth the money. The people who work there make all the difference, as well as the beautiful rooms, lively bar area and in a perfect location. Directly across the street from the Lenox Mall, and next door to Phipp's Plaza. Room was quiet, beds comfortable, wonderful shower and bathroom. Very well thought out room with plenty of extra outlets and room for storage. The employees here make you feel quite special to be staying at their property. We got a AAA rate and it really was an excellent rate! You get what you pay for! Stay at the Ritz next time you are in Buckhead!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple