“Southern Hospitality at the Ritz Carlton in Buckhead!”

The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead
Ranked #10 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I had the absolute pleasure of staying at the Ritz in Buckhead, Atlanta for 3 nights on business. I was looking forward to staying at a Ritz- Carlton for the first time and to say the least, I had very high expectations. I was not dissapointed, and in fact as soon as I walked into the beautiful lobby I knew this was going to be a magnificent hotel stay!The rooms and especially the bed were very nice, and the marble bathroom was luxurious with great toiletries. Everything you would need was provided including bathrobes and comfy slippers and an iron and ironing board. The concierge even brought me a new toothbrush and toothpaste! I really wanted to try 'grits' for the first time and consider myself extremely lucky to have tried "Ritz-style" grits with grated cheddar cheese and cripsy pancetta bacon. A simply divine and filling comfort food to start the day! The second two nights I stayed at Club Lounge level on the 18th floor and loved the endless supply of complimentary decadent treats throughout the day such as several kinds of freshly-baked cookies, wine and cheese, and a fancy breakfast spread featuring bagels and lox, sticky buns, muffins and fresh fruit. And dinner was exceptional- from the hot and fresh buttery bread, to the wine pairing, I savoured my Roasted Prestige Farms Chicken Breast with Caramelized Chestnut Cream, Crispy Brussels Sprouts and Mushroom-Maderia Jus. The staff was very pleasant, always greeted you in a genuine way and made you feel welcome. As you can probably tell by now, I truly enjoyed my stay at the Ritz to the max, even visiting the fantastic, large salt-water pool, jacuzzi hot tub and sauna (perfectly tranquil as there were no other hotel guests using it at the time for some reason!) where I was given a cold cloth and fresh cucumber slices for my eyes. I can go on and on about this place...I'm already counting down the days to my next visit with my husband- and I live in Toronto! :D

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Monique D

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Veey nice property located in Buckhead area of Altanta. Extremely clean and quiet property which is the advantage of staying in Buckhead versus downtown.

Nice lobby, stayed in an executive suite which was large with great window views. Concierge staff was excellent and the spa was worth the time.
There is a very nice mall just across the street which you can simply walk over.

Loved the feel of the bar and restaurant area and found the menu and wine selection to be fantastic. Will return here for sure.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed here in the fall of 2012. We were anxious to return. The hotel did not disappoint us with its service, amenities and restaurant. The first time we stayed our room was looking a little shabby and needed refurbishing. This time the room was very pretty and bright. The hotel staff was unfazed by the many events being held in the hotel during our stay. We felt pampered and important. My favorite part of our stay is still the wonderful breakfast! I cannot wait to return!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 9, 2013

This property is located in waking distance to many restaurants and includes being right across the street from one of Atlanta's best malls. It was great! We took our kids and there was plenty to do.
They have an indoor pool which was a bonus since we went in the fall.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This hotel was a great surprise for us. It was our first trip together to Atlanta and we stayed for 3 days before going on a road trip down Georgia's coast. The staff was very polite and helpful, the room was clean and spacious. Lots of amenities to pamper us. The gym was great and I had a great time with my daughter. Whenever needed we had a quick response from the hotel staff. The location couldn't be better. Lots of restaurants and shopping centers surrounding the Hotel. On sunday, before the game, we had a marvelous brunch - don't miss it, ever! I would like to leave a special note to a hotel employee, Ms. Ashley Izydore Guest Relations Coordinator. She really outdid herself, making sure everything I asked for happened as planned. We had a bottle of white wine and macaroons waiting for us. I wish we had the proper time to thank her personally, and we hope to be back to do so. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Atlanta. Again, I would like to thank all of the Hotel staff and specially Ms. Ashley Izydore Guest Relations Coordinator.

Room Tip: Try the sunday brunch!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Living in a northern suburb of Atlanta anytime we want to go into the city to stay....this is our choice! This is a great hotel. We stayed here for two nights on our honeymoon. Concierge level is the best. The food is wonderful and you would never need to go out if you did not want to. Service is the best, it's a Ritz. Fantastic Buckhead location best shopping in Atlanta. Can't go wrong!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Don't get me wrong - this hotel is beautiful and extremely clean. I was just expecting something more (don't ask what). I found the rooms and bathroom to be a bit on the small size. And funny, after reading the other reviews about the bouncy beds - I too was awoken in the morning by my husband turning over in bed. I'm biased too though, we sleep on a temperpedic at home - so I'm not used to much movement. The one thing that did bother me was the pretentious clientele in the lobby and in the lounges. I'm not used to being looked up and down by every woman in the place. It made me uncomfortable - as if they were judging me as if I didn't "belong". Ugh. Get over yourself!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business